ADVERTISEMENT

One thing is clear. Book is bad

NICE TRY, BUT YOU DID NOT CONFINE YOUR ASSESSMENT TO THE DUKE GAME !

Had you said that his performance against Duke was less than stellar I would have agreed with you, BUT YOU DIDN‘T STATE THAT.

I can dispute that Book is average, his stats prove that he’s well above average, he’s a good college QB.

Er, what about my initial post that Book is Bad makes you think I was referring to his career and not the Duke game? I’ll underline so you maybe can grasp n comprehend

“ I think we all knew he had limitations. The biggest of which is not seeing open receivers. This guy is very average. Considering he has been the QB 3 full years, this is what we get?
No way he is QB next year. If he is Kelly needs lobotomy“.

- This (Duke game) is what we get?
- The guy is very average (in his career he is average I don’t say he is bad)

So, chew on that. Book was bad vs Duke, average in general. If you think he’s good I’m not going to nit pick. If he can win a big game, he will get respect from many

Re watched the game. Book was bad again after first drive. Not as bad but still bad. He took Quick easy 3 yard passes instead of looking downfield to open receivers.

with that said, when Brock and Javon are 2 of the 3 receivers going out for a pass he’s in trouble. Those two flat out don’t get open. Slow and slower.

Reactions: Golson5
“He’s not clutch”

Skibro, going into this season, the last two years, no one is more efficient in the 4th qtr, and it’s not really that close. Couldn’t that be interpreted as “clutch”?

Reactions: Bodizephax
“These were TEAM loses, but except For the last drive of the Georgia game, Book played poorly in each“

nonsense. He played well against Georgia. Finke drops a sure first down on the first drive of 2nd half that results in a pick & gives ga a fg. The other pick was a broken play on a trick play and the safety made an unreal play. Those were two bad plays, other than that, he was good. The “except for the last drive against ga” comment is BS.

“Herbert, Jordan Love, Trey Lance, Jamie Newman, Kyle Trask, Tanner Morgan, Howell from unc, Slovis from SC.“

disagree w/ at least half of this list. Even mentioning all of them and considering that there are hundreds of starters, and you can come up w/ maybe 15 qbs that ND beats Ga w/ (which is still debatable)doesn’t constitute a “bunch more”.

Reactions: Pennick4
“That's 15 I've named that I think are as good but most better than Book.”

so let me get this straight, you’re gonna list qbs that are better or as good? Lol. So the ones that you list that are “as good” as book, would’ve beaten Georgia? So book is just as good as them but THEY would’ve beaten Georgia? Lol ok

Reactions: Bodizephax
“He’s not clutch”

Skibro, going into this season, the last two years, no one is more efficient in the 4th qtr, and it’s not really that close. Couldn’t that be interpreted as “clutch”?
Francade
No argument from me. Book is a good QB. Average overall relative to other QBs. Happy to have him. But not next year and he is not clutch in big games. Yes he has been clutch in Q4. But has not played well in big games it’s an opinion shared by many.
we can do much worse and have. We can do better and have but not recently

Reactions: Chest Brockwell
The problem and good thing with book is everyone see's how accurate he is and how good of a ball he throws when he steps up, does middle school footwork, and doesn't freak out in the pocket.

It feels much easier to coach that then to coach his abilities he has like accuracy, solid athleticism, and a very catchable ball.

It's tough to see ND have really good talent wide open down the field and book never even looks there or pulls the trigger when he's completely capable of making those plays.

His mental ability or lack of mental ability in the pocket is hurting him and ND. It seems like it should be improved, it just flat out hasn't been. Much easier to coach that then try to teach a running qb how to throw the ball accurately, and shocking that book hasn't improved in the pocket. He had all darn day vs USF and there were some open throws downfield (not a ton as they played 2 high safety all game), but he never once pulled the trigger.

“These were TEAM loses, but except For the last drive of the Georgia game, Book played poorly in each“

nonsense. He played well against Georgia. Finke drops a sure first down on the first drive of 2nd half that results in a pick & gives ga a fg. The other pick was a broken play on a trick play and the safety made an unreal play. Those were two bad plays, other than that, he was good. The “except for the last drive against ga” comment is BS.

Better find the drive chart. There were a lot more than 2 scoreless drives.

Gentlemen, we have other issues right now with our beloved program other than the QB position. It will be a miracle if the team even finishes the season intact. This is the 2020 football season. Stressful. Worrisome for the players and the students. I would love to go back to the old normal and be able to argue about the QB position, knowing the WF game will start promptly at 11 AM Central. But not this season.

“That's 15 I've named that I think are as good but most better than Book.”

so let me get this straight, you’re gonna list qbs that are better or as good? Lol. So the ones that you list that are “as good” as book, would’ve beaten Georgia? So book is just as good as them but THEY would’ve beaten Georgia? Lol ok
I think all 15 are better than Book. I came up with 15 guys who I feel are better than Book with no research at all.

I dont need to go into research to prove Book is average.

I named 15 guys off the top of my head and there are more. 15 guys better is a bunch, yes.

Btw, Book is ranked 49th out of 61 QB’s according to PFF this season. So yeah, theres a bunch

Reactions: theskibro
Er, what about my initial post that Book is Bad makes you think I was referring to his career and not the Duke game? I’ll underline so you maybe can grasp n comprehend

“ I think we all knew he had limitations. The biggest of which is not seeing open receivers. This guy is very average. Considering he has been the QB 3 full years, this is what we get?
No way he is QB next year. If he is Kelly needs lobotomy“.

- This (Duke game) is what we get?
- The guy is very average (in his career he is average I don’t say he is bad)

So, chew on that. Book was bad vs Duke, average in general. If you think he’s good I’m not going to nit pick. If he can win a big game, he will get respect from many

YOU’RE A FRAUD !

I think all 15 are better than Book. I came up with 15 guys who I feel are better than Book with no research at all.

I dont need to go into research to prove Book is average.

I named 15 guys off the top of my head and there are more. 15 guys better is a bunch, yes.

Btw, Book is ranked 49th out of 61 QB’s according to PFF this season. So yeah, theres a bunch
That's not good?

"A whole bunch" and then you name the five best QBs in college football. Also Ehlinger and Book are very similar. If Book played in the Big12 I would suspect that he would improve his already very good numbers.

Ehlinger has at least an inch and 20 pounds on Book. Stylistically he's a lot sturdier as a runner.

The problem and good thing with book is everyone see's how accurate he is and how good of a ball he throws when he steps up, does middle school footwork, and doesn't freak out in the pocket.

It feels much easier to coach that then to coach his abilities he has like accuracy, solid athleticism, and a very catchable ball.

It's tough to see ND have really good talent wide open down the field and book never even looks there or pulls the trigger when he's completely capable of making those plays.

His mental ability or lack of mental ability in the pocket is hurting him and ND. It seems like it should be improved, it just flat out hasn't been. Much easier to coach that then try to teach a running qb how to throw the ball accurately, and shocking that book hasn't improved in the pocket. He had all darn day vs USF and there were some open throws downfield (not a ton as they played 2 high safety all game), but he never once pulled the trigger.

It's weird b/c in the pocket he struggles to step up in a mostly clean pocket and maintain composure. However, for instance, on the the first drive against USF when he hit the big play action pass to Tremble for 20+ yards, Ian rolls out and Kyren kind of tries to sell a block on the perimiter and leaks out into the flat, and Book stands in and hits Tremble downfield w/ a defender barreling down on him.

“ But not next year and he is not clutch in big games. Yes he has been clutch in Q4. But has not played well in big games it’s an opinion shared by many.”

Skibro, I can’t argue about the Clemson and Michigan games, he didn’t play well, although I will say that he played better than most say he did against Clemson (at least 5 huge drops that would’ve changed the complexion of the game and his stat line). He was also pretty good against Georgia and good in the 4th. So all in all, imo, he layed an egg in a monsoon, which is understandable to some degree, but he was pretty good against Georgia and would’ve appeared better against Clemson w/o some key drops. Also, in all those “big games”, there was zero semblance of a running game. So it was basically, “book, save us on 3rd and eight against a defense that doesn’t respect the run at all and has their ears pinned back & is really talented”. That’s BS, IMO.
Look, I’ve never proclaimed him to be great, but I have said that he’s played great at times. I’ve always looked at him as a top 15-20 qb in the country. I know some here wholeheartedly disagree w/ that, that’s fine, I’m gonna keep calling it the way I see it about book and any ND player, for that matter. I don’t have a problem w/ posters citing player’s faults either. I just don’t think some of the bashing is accurate. Early on, he was a turnover machine. That’s proven untrue. The overwhelming narrative is that he can’t throw the deep ball accurately yet he was at the top or near the top on completion % (around 50%) for balls thrown over 30 yards w/ a minimum of 50 deep ball attempts last season. I believe some minors flaws are blown out of proportion because we watch every single play under a microscope. Had all his bashers here watched all the elite qbs under the same microscope, they’d see similar mistakes/flaws. He’s better than some here say, I’ll stand by that.

“Btw, Book is ranked 49th out of 61 QB’s according to PFF this season. So yeah, theres a bunch“

golson, you may think PFF is the gospel of player evaluation, I don’t. And I think even less of them now if they think there are 48 better qbs in the country. They’re full of it, imho. So no, there’s not a bunch just cuz you say or PFF says. He’s better than some on ur list, and is definitely better than PFF’s horseshit list.

Herbert, Jordan Love, Trey Lance, Jamie Newman, Kyle Trask, Tanner Morgan, Howell from unc, Slovis from SC.

There's a bunch. That's 15 I've named that I think are as good but most better than Book. There are more out there as well
Notre Dame has how many loses with Book at QB?
6?

has anyone noticed that there are times when Book leaves the pocket to quickly or sometimes he fails to see a wide open receiver downfield and dumps the ball off for short gain.

The same number as jafar armstrong at RB, armstrong might even have a better record while playing. Doesn't mean either are very good.
Absolutely ridiculous comparison.

Come on your better than that. Book is good not great.

Book has done a lot of good things for Notre Dame.

Out of the 6 loses, there are not many where you could say it was Books fault.

“Btw, Book is ranked 49th out of 61 QB’s according to PFF this season. So yeah, theres a bunch“

golson, you may think PFF is the gospel of player evaluation, I don’t. And I think even less of them now if they think there are 48 better qbs in the country. They’re full of it, imho. So no, there’s not a bunch just cuz you say or PFF says. He’s better than some on ur list, and is definitely better than PFF’s horseshit list.
1. I never said PFF is gospel, just put it out there for people who like PFF and thought it was interesting what people who break down every play thought of Books play.

2. Him being ranked 49th this year doesn't mean there are 48 QB’s better than him, it means 48 QB’s have played better than him over a2 game sample size so far. Big difference.

3. The main point was he has not really played well this year. That's easy to see with the eye test and re watching the games. PFF just backed up my thoughts

Absolutely ridiculous comparison.

Come on your better than that. Book is good not great.

Book has done a lot of good things for Notre Dame.

Out of the 6 loses, there are not many where you could say it was Books fault.
He only has 3 losses and 2 of them are mostly on his shoulders. It’s never one player, but 2 times the team was absolutely ready except for book.

if you had to pick between Lawrence, Fields and Book, how would you rank them?

Who would you say is a better QB guru: K Smart or B Kelly?

“He only has 3 losses and 2 of them are mostly on his shoulders. It’s never one player, but 2 times the team was absolutely ready except for book.”

So if the team sans book was ready, why couldn’t we run the ball in any of those games? Why did the wrs drop at least 5 balls if they were “absolutely ready”? Was the run defense part of the team “absolutely ready” for the Michigan debacle? How bout our run offense? Was our o-line “absolutely ready” when we couldn’t run the ball in any of those big games? I call BS on that statement that the whole team was “absolutely ready” and book wasn’t. 100% hogwash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT