ADVERTISEMENT

LSU's 2025 Recruiting Class is why Brian Kelly left Notre Dame

Didn't Denbrock coach at ND? Didn't he coach Deshone Kizer? But that was BK's fault. Even though Kizer was awesome and did very well for himself at ND.

Anyway, the mental gymnastics you guys perform to minimize and belittle BK.... it's too much!
And the mental gymnastics you perform to prop him up as one of the greatest coaches at ND is completely absurd.
The standard is championships, major bowl wins, and beating top tier teams. BK achieved none of those.

I dint blame you. You are probably too young, and part of the generation that grew up only knowing Davie, Ty, and Weis. To you BK is the bomb. The reality is he was a very good coach at ND, but far from great.

And the mental gymnastics you perform to prop him up as one of the greatest coaches at ND is completely absurd.
The standard is championships, major bowl wins, and beating top tier teams. BK achieved none of those.

I dint blame you. You are probably too young, and part of the generation that grew up only knowing Davie, Ty, and Weis. To you BK is the bomb. The reality is he was a very good coach at ND, but far from great.
Quit raining on the Kelly Circle Jerkers club parade!

Not belittling BK...all the respect in the world for him...but he's a head coach, and the position coaches are the ones that would have had the most impact on Daniels...and hey, BK is the guy that went out and got him out of ASU.

And as I recall, Kizer had a pretty good year...what was Kelly's fault?
You are definitely belittling him. I know it's beyond your psychological control to restrain yourself, and you just impulsively do it. But when you make a statement or an observation that he really didn't have much to do with JD's development because, after all he's the HC and it's the assistants who should take the credit, then by that logic, even though he's a totally offense-oriented HC who's super picky about his OCs because they have to run BK's own personally devised offense and playbook.... then all HCs everywhere had never had anything to do with the play of their QBs in human history. There's really no connection between the two, and never any credit should be given to any HC. Maybe a few crumbs but that's it. All HCs for all time.

And I don't think that's what you mean to say, you just want to belittle BK. Because you can't help yourself. And you don't want to help yourself, probably.....

You are definitely belittling him. I know it's beyond your psychological control to restrain yourself, and you just impulsively do it. But when you make a statement or an observation that he really didn't have much to do with JD's development because, after all he's the HC and it's the assistants who should take the credit, then by that logic, even though he's a totally offense-oriented HC who's super picky about his OCs because they have to run BK's own personally devised offense and playbook.... then all HCs everywhere had never had anything to do with the play of their QBs in human history. There's really no connection between the two, and never any credit should be given to any HC. Maybe a few crumbs but that's it. All HCs for all time.

And I don't think that's what you mean to say, you just want to belittle BK. Because you can't help yourself. And you don't want to help yourself, probably.....
Your beloved BFF BK couldn't develop one QB at ND for 12 years even though he was called a "QB guru". What makes you think all of a sudden he knows how to develop QBS?

And you know my motivation how?

Narcissists, such as yourself, either project or confess...you are confessing that deep down, you really hated Kelly, and that comes out in your response here...

Equally valid interpretation of YOUR comment, as yours was of mine,,,

Jesus, you people...who the hell said anything about HCs not coaching QBs at all, in the entire history of CFB...read, understand, then respond...don't project...do you also post under the name of Patirish?

I just saved you $250/hour...although since my rates are in Canadian dollars, it's only about $185

Last edited:
They got three composite 5 star guys signed in the 2025 class (including the composite #1 QB & #1 WR & #1 RB prospect in the country)

We all know that ND is allergic to the highest tier of prospects which is why Brian Kelly doesn't coach at ND anymore. When BK said he left ND to LSU because of "aligned vision" with LSUs administrators this is what he meant. The ability to actually level the playing field and sign and compete for the best talent in the country.

Brian Kelly with this elite level of talent is going to be hard to beat. It isn't happening by accident either. Kelly has been revamping his coaching staff with guys that are overachievers on the recruiting trail.

Kelly leaving was best thing for ND. A toxic, self-serving, red faced tool who will crash and burn in Cajun country. Expect 8-4 this year from LSU

Kelly leaving was best thing for ND. A toxic, self-serving, red faced tool who will crash and burn in Cajun country. Expect 8-4 this year from LSU
I agree, Huge hit on offense losing Daniel's and Denbrock. If they don't make the playoff, his seat will be extremely hot going into the 2025 season.

Last edited:
I agree, Huge hit on offense losing Daniel's and Denbrock. If they don't make the playoff, his seat will be extremely hot going into the 2025 season.
And if Marcus Freeman goes 9-3 and does not make the CFB Playoff in Year 3, how will that seat be going into 2025?

They got three composite 5 star guys signed in the 2025 class (including the composite #1 QB & #1 WR & #1 RB prospect in the country)

We all know that ND is allergic to the highest tier of prospects which is why Brian Kelly doesn't coach at ND anymore. When BK said he left ND to LSU because of "aligned vision" with LSUs administrators this is what he meant. The ability to actually level the playing field and sign and compete for the best talent in the country.

Brian Kelly with this elite level of talent is going to be hard to beat. It isn't happening by accident either. Kelly has been revamping his coaching staff with guys that are overachievers on the recruiting trail.

Academics come first
Notre Dame‘s standards and admission standards are the first priority.

Notre dame isn’t going to and shouldn’t lower its standards

You’ve been on here long enough that you should know that

Last edited:
And you know my motivation how?

Narcissists, such as yourself, either project or confess...you are confessing that deep down, you really hated Kelly, and that comes out in your response here...

Equally valid interpretation of YOUR comment, as yours was of mine,,,

Jesus, you people...who the hell said anything about HCs not coaching QBs at all, in the entire history of CFB...read, understand, then respond...don't project...do you also post under the name of Patirish?

I just saved you $250/hour...although since my rates are in Canadian dollars, it's only about $185
Because I just do. Are you saying I can't read your mind? And thus I would never know what you're thinking? Yeah that's true I can't, but I'm willing to chance it, and I don't take your word for it. You're obviously slipping in little digs, and anyone would notice it. It will always be a mystery where the BK-bashing thing came from, probably just a few hardcore psychos, and most everyone else just plays along....

In any case, any and all doubts that BK can't produce good QBs were put emphatically to bed with the case of Jayden Daniels, who transferred in, was handpicked, was considered a bit of an underachiever when he got to LSU, and then developed all the way into a Heisman Trophy winner more or less out of nowhere.

Case closed....

Harbaugh won a NC, the other two are lumped in with BK good but not great.
When you are bringing in 100 million guaranteed whether you coach or not, and you are one of top 10 highest paid Head Coaches in all of CFB, call him whatever you wish.

When you are bringing in 100 million guaranteed whether you coach or not, and you are one of top 10 highest paid Head Coaches in all of CFB, call him whatever you wish.
Many individuals are extremely overpaid, the money is irrelevant to this discussion.
You always seem to bring it up, you must be extremely envious.

Last edited:
Reactions: bizzybecknd
Many individuals are extremely overpaid, the money is irrelevant to this discussion.
You always seem to bring it up, you just be extremely envious.
Well, frankly, you and a few others are the ones who consistently takes shots at Brian Kelly. There are two sides to every story.

Because I just do. Are you saying I can't read your mind? And thus I would never know what you're thinking? Yeah that's true I can't, but I'm willing to chance it, and I don't take your word for it. You're obviously slipping in little digs, and anyone would notice it. It will always be a mystery where the BK-bashing thing came from, probably just a few hardcore psychos, and most everyone else just plays along....

In any case, any and all doubts that BK can't produce good QBs were put emphatically to bed with the case of Jayden Daniels, who transferred in, was handpicked, was considered a bit of an underachiever when he got to LSU, and then developed all the way into a Heisman Trophy winner more or less out of nowhere.

Case closed....
You can't read my mind, and if you look back at my posts, I think BK was an excellent coach and did a great deal to bring ND into the 20th century as far as football ops go -- easier and more numerous early enrollment, sports science, training table -- as well as a good record to run on -- national championship game, two playoff appearances...he was a good a coach in college football as there was not named Saban, Sweeney or Meyer...and I have made that plain...

So now it's time for you to utter those three little words that make everything okay: "I am wrong"

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
You can't read my mind, and if you look back at my posts, I think BK was an excellent coach and did a great deal to bring ND into the 20th century as far as football ops go -- easier and more numerous early enrollment, sports science, training table -- as well as a good record to run on -- national championship game, two playoff appearances...he was a good a coach in college football as there was not named Saban, Sweeney or Meyer...and I have made that plain...

So now it's time for you to utter those three little words that make everything okay: "I am wrong"
So that's what you want? For me to bend the knee? Because some random schmuck swears he has a paper trail where's he on the record saying BK's a good coach, even though you were totally trying to slyly diminish him, very palpably obviously in this thread, which is the only thing I give a shit about? I don't give a F what minor admissions of measured, tepid respect or credit you may have made about him in the past, or in this dumbass post of yours.

At least you're honest. You just want to be right, which is pretty much all internet bickering is about, not the actual substance. But you're going to have to do way, way better than that to get me to kiss the ring, like I would ever do that anyway. Because I'm the one that's right. BK very wrongly gets slandered for not developing QBs, and though he never had one at ND, he's got himself a Heisman winner at LSU. And it was his doing, and his development, as HC. Once again, case closed.....

And never won a big game or NC. The guy is a D-Bag, always was and always will be.

Nobody said he did short bus. I said he has been gone 2.5 years, he left the place way better than he found it, and hired the current head coach to his staff. Not to mention scored a premiere job and a 9 figure contract when he left.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners. Stop blaming Brian Kelly, or anyone else because you’re a failure and an unhinged whack job. That’s a you problem

Reactions: savvyandsassier
Would you like to put a wager on that? I say ND makes the 12 team playoff.

Nobody said he did short bus. I said he has been gone 2.5 years, he left the place way better than he found it, and hired the current head coach to his staff. Not to mention scored a premiere job and a 9 figure contract when he left.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners. Stop blaming Brian Kelly, or anyone else because you’re a failure and an unhinged whack job. That’s a you problem
Big internet tough guy. Great coaches win championships and big games. Your beloved bff bk did neither.

So that's what you want? For me to bend the knee? Because some random schmuck swears he has a paper trail where's he on the record saying BK's a good coach, even though you were totally trying to slyly diminish him, very palpably obviously in this thread, which is the only thing I give a shit about? I don't give a F what minor admissions of measured, tepid respect or credit you may have made about him in the past, or in this dumbass post of yours.

At least you're honest. You just want to be right, which is pretty much all internet bickering is about, not the actual substance. But you're going to have to do way, way better than that to get me to kiss the ring, like I would ever do that anyway. Because I'm the one that's right. BK very wrongly gets slandered for not developing QBs, and though he never had one at ND, he's got himself a Heisman winner at LSU. And it was his doing, and his development, as HC. Once again, case closed.....
Right, it was all BKs doing LMFAO. He couldn't develop a QB at ND for 12 years, now all of a sudden he got an epiphany and hes back being the "guru" of QBs.

Reactions: NDinNJ

First sentence of your 2nd paragraph….damn that’s an outstanding quote. It really applies in several walks of life. Thanks for sharing. Spot on!

Case not closed...he recruited Daniels, but Denbrock and Sloan were responsible for hands-on coaching...

You clearly have a chubby for BK that blinds you to anything that is not a blatant statement of support for the man and his time at Notre Dame, which I have been on record as respecting and even celebrating...and this schmuck's paper trail is a whole lot more valid than your extremely biased reading of anyone that doesn't consider BK to be the second coming of Knute Rockne...don't bend knee, just accept that you CAN'T read minds or see beyond your BK-coloured glasses

I have been wrong WAY more times in my life than right, so I have no desire to be "right" on some internet chat board...I will say it again...Kelly was great for Notre Dame, and did many, many things right and well...natty game, two playoffs...just wasn't good enough to win the big one -- and maybe no one ever will be again, given the changes in the sport. His big test is now - a place without many of the restrictions placed on him as a result of coaching at Notre Dame...let's see if be can finish in the FBS what he started in Division II

Case not closed...he recruited Daniels, but Denbrock and Sloan were responsible for hands-on coaching...

You clearly have a chubby for BK that blinds you to anything that is not a blatant statement of support for the man and his time at Notre Dame, which I have been on record as respecting and even celebrating...and this schmuck's paper trail is a whole lot more valid than your extremely biased reading of anyone that doesn't consider BK to be the second coming of Knute Rockne...don't bend knee, just accept that you CAN'T read minds or see beyond your BK-coloured glasses

I have been wrong WAY more times in my life than right, so I have no desire to be "right" on some internet chat board...I will say it again...Kelly was great for Notre Dame, and did many, many things right and well...natty game, two playoffs...just wasn't good enough to win the big one -- and maybe no one ever will be again, given the changes in the sport. His big test is now - a place without many of the restrictions placed on him as a result of coaching at Notre Dame...let's see if be can finish in the FBS what he started in Division II
👍👍

That's a REASONABLE ASSESSMENT.

Kelly has the ACUMEN, SKILL SET and EXPERIENCE LEVEL to win an NC. Can he put it all together while at the same time benefitting from the kind of luck usually needed to go all the way? Ara wasn't lucky in 64 but he was in 66 and 73, while Holtz was in 88 but not in 89 or 90. Point is, all 6 teams were NC caliber and the coaches largely the same as who they'd been all along. Football takes funny bounces.

That Kelly was never a good fit at ND seems undeniable. But that he's somehow SOLELY repsonsible for that disconnect which in turn has caused some to raise CHARACTEROLOGICAL issues regarding him sounds to me like RE-FRIED DISAPPOINTMENT AND FRUSTRATION as much as anything. Why bother? Kelly did what he could at ND based on who he is. WHAT ELSE could he do?

Was he perfect? No. WHO IS? Yet, funnily enough, whatever it is that drives him has gotten him within strking distance of 300 college wins. What's that say about his character?

DON'T ASK ME as I can't assess his or ANYONE ELSE'S from 35,000 feet. But I do detect a fair share of COMMITMENT and PERSEVERANCE, in that college football games are won ONE GAME AT A TIME. And Kelly has won his fair share of them.

I'd argue that, overall, Kelly has SERVED WITH DISTINCTION, and if I were a coach, I'D BE PLEASED WITH THAT RESUME.

In the meantime, let's see what the current guy does. No one at all has questioned his CHARACTER. Let's just see how much he wins. Becuase if he doesn't, he'll be pilloried for some other PERCEIVED LACK -- REAL OR NOT.

Last edited:

Kelly has the ACUMEN, SKILL SET and EXPERIENCE LEVEL to win an NC. Can he put it all together while at the same time benefitting from the kind of luck usually needed to go all the way? Ara wasn't lucky in 64 but he was in 66 and 73, while Holtz was in 88 but not in 89 or 90. Point is, all 6 teams were NC caliber and the coaches largely the same as who they'd been all along. Football takes funny bounces.
The more talent you stack on your roster the less luck/funny bounces you need to win football games and ultimately win national championships

The more talent you stack on your roster the less luck/funny bounces you need to win football games and ultimately win national championships
bk will never win a NC at LSU. In fact, another year or two of 3 and 4 losses and the cajuns are going to kick his underachieving arrogant ass to the curb.

Reactions: bizzybecknd

That Kelly was never a good fit at ND seems undeniable. But that he's somehow SOLELY repsonsible for that disconnect which in turn has caused some to raise CHARACTEROLOGICAL issues regarding him sounds to me like RE-FRIED DISAPPOINTMENT AND FRUSTRATION as much as anything. Why bother? Kelly did what he could at ND based on who he is. WHAT ELSE could he do?

Was he perfect? No. WHO IS? Yet, funnily enough, whatever it is that drives him has gotten him within strking distance of 300 college wins. What's that say about his character?

DON'T ASK ME as I can't assess his or ANYONE ELSE'S from 35,000 feet. But I do detect a fair share of COMMITMENT and PERSEVERANCE, in that college football games are won ONE GAME AT A TIME. And Kelly has won his fair share of them.

I'd argue that, overall, Kelly has SERVED WITH DISTINCTION, and if I were a coach, I'D BE PLEASED WITH THAT RESUME.

In the meantime, let's see what the current guy does. No one at all has questioned his CHARACTER. Let's just see how much he wins. Becuase if he doesn't, he'll be pilloried for some other PERCEIVED LACK -- REAL OR NOT.
👍

As a RULE that's LIKELY TRUE though it still matters how talented the teams are THAT YOU PLAY. Talent isn't absoulte, it's RELATIVE. And relative TO WHAT?

Your competition.

Second, it's certainly NOT always true.

ND had an extremely talented team in 1990. Defense was down a bit, but the squad overall was still NC caliber.

Three bad bounces cost it an NC:

1) After FIVE turnovers, incuding two muffed punt fumbles by Rocket, Derek Brown drops the winning TD -- a catch, though difficult, he routinely makes. ND loses to Stanford at home 36-31, though heavily favored.

2) Rocket gets hurt a the end of the half against PSU and doesn't play in the second half. ND, leading at the end of the first half 21-7 -- and at home -- loses 24-21 despite being favored.

3) Rocket runs back a punt against Colorado in the Orange Bowl for an apparent winning TD. The play is called back on an extremely questionable clipping call. ND loses 10-9 as, if I recall correctly, a slight underdog.

Three "bad bounces," three losses. And, I would argue, with a more STACKED ROSTER in each instance.

It can happen to ANY team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT