ADVERTISEMENT

BK got graded on 10 win seasons

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
MF should get graded the same way considering the rocky road of a first time coach. MF has a better record than BK and nobody wants to hear how ND was in great shape when BK left as it is more than apparent the QB room is in much better shape than it was before. The players seem to like playing for MF or the seniors would have bolted. The overall talent is being upgraded. He was stuck with two OC’s that were just average, but Denbrock is a major plus. Pay Gino who called a great game today. I believe he is better than Parker. The running back room is deep And talented. ND’s wide outs look good and the in jectuon of talent coming in is strong.
The learning curve is over. I have not seen a better connection between players and coach’s since the Lou was around.
ND football is trending up. I realize it was frost flakes bowl, but the execution look really good.
Angeli look like he belong creating a dog fight between him and Leonard at QB, but I believe going to the transfer portal at QB days are over. ND gets passed A&M next year than it could very well be an undefeated season.

Very impressed with the performance today. ND looked like a machine. The direction of the program looks stronger now than anytime during the Freeman era.

Lot to be excited about heading into next season.

MF should get graded the same way considering the rocky road of a first time coach. MF has a better record than BK and nobody wants to hear how ND was in great shape when BK left as it is more than apparent the QB room is in much better shape than it was before. The players seem to like playing for MF or the seniors would have bolted. The overall talent is being upgraded. He was stuck with two OC’s that were just average, but Denbrock is a major plus. Pay Gino who called a great game today. I believe he is better than Parker. The running back room is deep And talented. ND’s wide outs look good and the in jectuon of talent coming in is strong.
The learning curve is over. I have not seen a better connection between players and coach’s since the Lou was around.
ND football is trending up. I realize it was frost flakes bowl, but the execution look really good.
Angeli look like he belong creating a dog fight between him and Leonard at QB, but I believe going to the transfer portal at QB days are over. ND gets passed A&M next year than it could very well be an undefeated season.
This is pretty damn well said.

I was telling some buddies today: It just feels like Freeman is the guy. He’s hasn’t been perfect, but that’s OK. His skill sets will ascend as time goes on. Intangibles through the roof. I’m bullish on next season, and the program going forward.

We replace Parker and Stuckey with Denbrock and Brown…..that’s a big time upgrade. The QB room is strong as hell. The D is bordering on elite. There is reason to be big time excited for 24.

Reactions: NDinNJ and Pennick4
This is pretty damn well said.

I was telling some buddies today: It just feels like Freeman is the guy. He’s hasn’t been perfect, but that’s OK. His skill sets will ascend as time goes on. Intangibles through the roof. I’m bullish on next season, and the program going forward.

We replace Parker and Stuckey with Denbrock and Brown…..that’s a big time upgrade. The QB room is strong as hell. The D is bordering on elite. There is reason to be big time excited for 24.
I think you can argue that the combo of Biagi, Denbrock, and Golden is the best trio of coordinators ND has had in a long time. And I think that will go a long way in taking pressure off of Freeman and allow him to focus on the players, which I think is his biggest strength anyway. Remember Kelly interviewed his players after 2016 and the biggest change he made was hiring good coordinators and building relationships with the players.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I'm not sure how good Freeman is as a coach, but it is good to hear his postgame interviews compared to BK's. Marcus is very classy and a great representative of the university -- very impressive. But then again, Gerry Faust was a great representative of ND too...

I was at the game super early, I’m not saying Freeman is perfect but anybody who thinks he’s lost as a coach just don’t know what they’re talking about. ND were locked in as a unit before, during, and after the game. You could see it in warm ups. It was an extremely impressive showing.

Grade Freeman v Kelly, after Marcus has finished his ND career. BTW, if Freeman keeps ascending, and Ryan Day keeps proving Lou Holtz right? Don’t be surprised if OSU tries to bring Marcus home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT