ADVERTISEMENT

The cupboard was left bare for MF

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
There are no excuses for some of the miscues occurring this year. OSU melt down. ETC
MF was left with a very poor QB room and wideout room as well as a mediocre CB room hence playing true freshman the majority of the time even Tobias is sophomore.
Pyne was not the answer at QB and Buckner was not the answer. Sam has some limitations, but is better than ND has had in a long time. The QB room is much better but young. Riley out of Duke cannot stay on the field and Pratt at Tulane barely beat ECU today. Nope. ND is very limited on what they can recruit and portal restrictions are killing winning.
It does not help that Clemson is the only team playing today who did not get one penalty, which is total bullshit, but ND does not demand neutral refs.
The next two games should be easy. Let’s see what the other two QB’s can do.
I think Carr is the real deal, but he will not be ready until next year. Minchey should be getting some reps as an option QB or zone read QB . Angeli looked good in limited action and has Junior status. Unless somebody just jumps out of the portal with proven experience at this level then forget it.
This team is in better shape than it was when BK was in town

bare at QB, WR. DL and Safety are right there sans Cross and Watts but bareness, depth will be felt very soon. One could argue LB as well, Freeman’s guys should be ready to roll in 2024.

Clemson 30 Notre Dame 3, then Clemson beat Alabama for the title 44-28.

So what.

Reactions: DublinND
The problem is freeman over his head starts there and will never get better. Thanks Jack. 9-3 is the new nd

What's your opinion of Marcus Freeman/Gerad Parker, and the Notre Dame offense?

I will hang up and listen.
Freeman was forced to take Rees as his OC as has been discussed. He tried to hire an OC but the ND admin sh!t the bed and got stuck with Parker. HH retired and scrambled to get Rudolph, yet Freeman has equaled BK's win total vs top 10 teams in 2 years than BK did in 12. Id argue that Freeman's classes have been better than BK's in terms of top 100 recruits. Im still glass half full on Freeman.

Freeman was forced to take Rees as his OC as has been discussed. He tried to hire an OC but the ND admin sh!t the bed and got stuck with Parker. HH retired and scrambled to get Rudolph, yet Freeman has equaled BK's win total vs top 10 teams in 2 years than BK did in 12. Id argue that Freeman's classes have been better than BK's in terms of top 100 recruits. Im still glass half full on Freeman.
Interesting narrative.

Born and bred Utah people don't leave Utah.

There are no excuses for some of the miscues occurring this year. OSU melt down. ETC
MF was left with a very poor QB room and wideout room as well as a mediocre CB room hence playing true freshman the majority of the time even Tobias is sophomore.
Pyne was not the answer at QB and Buckner was not the answer. Sam has some limitations, but is better than ND has had in a long time. The QB room is much better but young. Riley out of Duke cannot stay on the field and Pratt at Tulane barely beat ECU today. Nope. ND is very limited on what they can recruit and portal restrictions are killing winning.
It does not help that Clemson is the only team playing today who did not get one penalty, which is total bullshit, but ND does not demand neutral refs.
The next two games should be easy. Let’s see what the other two QB’s can do.
I think Carr is the real deal, but he will not be ready until next year. Minchey should be getting some reps as an option QB or zone read QB . Angeli looked good in limited action and has Junior status. Unless somebody just jumps out of the portal with proven experience at this level then forget it.
This team is in better shape than it was when BK was in town
Stanford has gotten a lot better. Wake plays pretty darn good D.

Interesting narrative.

Born and bred Utah people don't leave Utah.
Ludwig I bet has been promised the HC gig when Kyle steps down. Which I believe is coming sooner rather than later

Clemson 30 Notre Dame 3, then Clemson beat Alabama for the title 44-28.

So what.
the difference is, Alabama, Clemson, and OSU all won titles. BK zero titles. So yea Clemson beat Bama, Bama beat OSU, but those teams, even though they lost, they still won titles within the last 10 years, so they are entitled to take losses. BK is 0-fer, he never came close to winning a single marquis matchup whether it be a in a NY6 bowl game or the CFP.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
the difference is, Alabama, Clemson, and OSU all won titles. BK zero titles. So yea Clemson beat Bama, Bama beat OSU, but those teams, even though they lost, they still won titles within the last 10 years, so they are entitled to take losses. BK is 0-fer, he never came close to winning a single marquis matchup whether it be a in a NY6 bowl game or the CFP.
They didn’t just win titles either, they won several conference titles and conference championship games, beat lots of top 10 teams. Those teams are the elite of CFB.

The cupboards are far from bare. Notre Dame is 11th in the 247 team talent composite rankings. ND is 1-2 this year against teams with more talent. I’m still confused as to what happened against Louisville.

The cupboards are far from bare. Notre Dame is 11th in the 247 team talent composite rankings. ND is 1-2 this year against teams with more talent. I’m still confused as to what happened against Louisville.
You’re not alone !

We've had a lot of confusing losses since Lou left. Louisville isn't in the top 10 or 20 of those. They are actually a really good team who just beat us

We've had a lot of confusing losses since Lou left. Louisville isn't in the top 10 or 20 of those. They are actually a really good team who just beat us
And Pittsburgh beat the crap out of Louisville.

Go figure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT