ADVERTISEMENT

Clarification please on o line recruiting

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
It appears we are in good shape with Strebig announcing this Thursday. We have Black and appear to want to add 2 more - Augustine n Lange. I like this group a lot

Question on Rowan Byrne
1- he holds an offer and I have heard we have cooled on him. Is this true n why? Better options?
2- I thought he was pro ND and we are his child dream school. What does a staff say to a kid to keep them on offer list but letting them know they are not ready to take his commitment?

Just curious as this kid I thought was very pro nd and I’m wondering how recruiting works when you only may want the kid if better options fall through

It appears we are in good shape with Strebig announcing this Thursday. We have Black and appear to want to add 2 more - Augustine n Lange. I like this group a lot

Question on Rowan Byrne
1- he holds an offer and I have heard we have cooled on him. Is this true n why? Better options?
2- I thought he was pro ND and we are his child dream school. What does a staff say to a kid to keep them on offer list but letting them know they are not ready to take his commitment?

Just curious as this kid I thought was very pro nd and I’m wondering how recruiting works when you only may want the kid if better options fall through
1. Yes it's true. We stopped recruiting him. We have other guys on the board higher. He's a pure interior guy. We are taking all tackles and better players

2. They stop communicating with him as much. And some will just be up front and honest about it.

Reactions: theskibro
1. Yes it's true. We stopped recruiting him. We have other guys on the board higher. He's a pure interior guy. We are taking all tackles and better players

2. They stop communicating with him as much. And some will just be up front and honest about it.
I was hoping you would respond cause I knew you had insight on this. I guess the kid gets the message thru lack of communication and if he decided to call to commit then there would probably be a discussion about “interested but not now”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT