ADVERTISEMENT

Golson n recruiting experts

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
I am a bit fascinated by our 2025 wr recruiting. Slots are almost full. Let’s say we have 2 slots left —. will someone not get in?

I posted a similar thought recently and was told of course there will be a spot for Jerome bettis jr. I am not going to dispute that but truly am asking if this is true. We never even pursued the son of Wes Pritchett, Marshall but I guess Bettis is a safe bet. Why he is waiting to commit is a bit baffling.

We are supposedly leading for Derek meadows. Talyn taylor is deciding by about May and is completing his visits in 3-4 weeks

There are other recruits we are pursuing

I wonder how this will turn out and if meadows, taylor or another recruit commits, then what?

I am a bit fascinated by our 2025 wr recruiting. Slots are almost full. Let’s say we have 2 slots left —. will someone not get in?

I posted a similar thought recently and was told of course there will be a spot for Jerome bettis jr. I am not going to dispute that but truly am asking if this is true. We never even pursued the son of Wes Pritchett, Marshall but I guess Bettis is a safe bet. Why he is waiting to commit is a bit baffling.

We are supposedly leading for Derek meadows. Talyn taylor is deciding by about May and is completing his visits in 3-4 weeks

I wonder how this will turn out and if meadows, taylor or another recruit commits, then what?
Pritchett is a tight end. We liked Flanagans kid better and he is committed, thats why we never offered Pritchett

Most likely Bettis is a silent and he is supposedly going to go public in the next month. I think he wanted to make sure ND wanted him for him and not because his dad. I wish he would take a preferred walk on spot but he's too good a prospect for that but maybe not quite good enough yet if his name wasnt Bettis

We will go to at least 4 wrs. Maybe 5 if a stud wanted in late

After Bettis, there could be 1 to 2 spots left.

Meadows, Taylor, Bright might be the best bets after that

Reactions: BGI User 756

I’m good with Burress and terry despite their ranking but taking bettis is a joke

Meadows is a great take on potential but nd needs at least one stud that’s ready to contribute early. Don’t see that yet

I’m good with Burress and terry despite their ranking but taking bettis is a joke

Meadows is a great take on potential but nd needs at least one stud that’s ready to contribute early. Don’t see that yet
They don't need someone to be ready early but it would be nice. But not necessary.

Next years wr room. If everyone that could come back does. And not including any transfer WRs we could add

Greathouse
Faison
Thomas
Williams
Smith
Gilbert
Saldate
Colzie

Taking Bettis isnt a joke. I wouldnt do it. But it's not a joke. Hes a solid pkayer with p4 and fbs offers. It's not like hes an fcs prospect

Reactions: theskibro
There’s no way I would turn Bettis down if he wants to commit; but I would rather get Meadows and Taylor and have Bettis decide to accept elsewhere to get out from under his dad’s considerable shadow.

If big name guys start being willing to commit room will be made discussions will be had etc. recruiting is changing daily ND needs to project spots and players but with projected players being able to transfer at will, a bird in hand is worth more.....

We need to get Meadows. Taylor would be nice too but Meadows is shooting up the rankings.

Pritchett is a tight end. We liked Flanagans kid better and he is committed, thats why we never offered Pritchett

Most likely Bettis is a silent and he is supposedly going to go public in the next month. I think he wanted to make sure ND wanted him for him and not because his dad. I wish he would take a preferred walk on spot but he's too good a prospect for that but maybe not quite good enough yet if his name wasnt Bettis

We will go to at least 4 wrs. Maybe 5 if a stud wanted in late

After Bettis, there could be 1 to 2 spots left.

Meadows, Taylor, Bright might be the best bets after that
Thanks Mel

They don't need someone to be ready early but it would be nice. But not necessary.

Next years wr room. If everyone that could come back does. And not including any transfer WRs we could add

Greathouse
Faison
Thomas
Williams
Smith
Gilbert
Saldate
Colzie

Taking Bettis isnt a joke. I wouldnt do it. But it's not a joke. Hes a solid pkayer with p4 and fbs offers. It's not like hes an fcs prospect
Don't you expect at least one of these guys to transfer, Golson? (I'm thinking Colzie if he is passed up by the transfers, although I hope they all stick!)

Don't you expect at least one of these guys to transfer, Golson? (I'm thinking Colzie if he is passed up by the transfers, although I hope they all stick!)
Probably. Even if 2 transfer I would expect we would take 2 portal players.

So I don't think getting immediate impact players in this class is necessary but it would be nice

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT