ADVERTISEMENT

WR recruiting. Who gets locked out?

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
We have 2 wr commits. Buriss and Terry.
These seem solid additions but by any measure, not spectacular top flight gets. Now we all know what a crap shoot recruiting can be and a low ranked recruit can become a big asset and make coaches look smart

That said, who else do we get ? Apparently we take 3, likely 4. Staff wants Derek Meadows. There is another guy visiting in a week And still no word from Jerome Bettis

So my question to this board is who gets told no room at the inn?

It’s getting very close to that point

Could Bettis be actually hoping to get shut out so he doesn’t have to disappoint his Dad ? It’s getting intriguing

Here is who is left on the offer list —

Vernon Allen III
Baltimore, MD

Phillip Bell
Mission Hills, CA

Jerome Bettis Jr.
Atlanta, GA

Elijah Burress
Wayne, NJ

Lex Cyrus
Harrisburg, PA

Jaime Ffrench
Jacksonville, FL

Tanook Hines
Houston, TX

Koby Howard
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Daylan McCutcheon
Lucas, TX

Derek Meadows
Las Vegas, NV

Isaiah Mozee
Lee's Summit, MO

Nasir Newkirk
Greensboro, NC

Donovan Olugbode
Bradenton, FL

Cooper Perry
Scottsdale, AZ

Quincy Porter
Oradell, NJ

Talyn Taylor
Geneva, IL

Shaun Terry II
Ironton, OH

Michael Terry III
San Antonio, TX

Raiden Vines-Bright
Bradenton, FL

Taz Williams

Last edited:
I want Meadows & Taylor🔥 and call it a day😎 MF needs to show me he can close this position with elite recruits like he has at other positions then we can really talk NC' talk🍷

Last edited:
Reactions: edub72
Was wondering this earlier. Ideally we get Meadows and Taylor, but i also don’t think Bettis is kept out. 5 seems like a lot….

Five is a lot but with our more recent depth issue at the position, I don’t see 5 as too many, especially if we can get Taylor and Meadows. Bettis Jr won’t be left out with his legacy status.

We have 2 wr commits. Buriss and Terry.
These seem solid additions but by any measure, not spectacular top flight gets. Now we all know what a crap shoot recruiting can be and a low ranked recruit can become a big asset and make coaches look smart

That said, who else do we get ? Apparently we take 3, likely 4. Staff wants Derek Meadows. There is another guy visiting in a week And still no word from Jerome Bettis

So my question to this board is who gets told no room at the inn?

It’s getting very close to that point

Could Bettis be actually hoping to get shut out so he doesn’t have to disappoint his Dad ? It’s getting intriguing

Here is who is left on the offer list —

Vernon Allen III
Baltimore, MD

Phillip Bell
Mission Hills, CA

Jerome Bettis Jr.
Atlanta, GA

Elijah Burress
Wayne, NJ

Lex Cyrus
Harrisburg, PA

Jaime Ffrench
Jacksonville, FL

Tanook Hines
Houston, TX

Koby Howard
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Daylan McCutcheon
Lucas, TX

Derek Meadows
Las Vegas, NV

Isaiah Mozee
Lee's Summit, MO

Nasir Newkirk
Greensboro, NC

Donovan Olugbode
Bradenton, FL

Cooper Perry
Scottsdale, AZ

Quincy Porter
Oradell, NJ

Talyn Taylor
Geneva, IL

Shaun Terry II
Ironton, OH

Michael Terry III
San Antonio, TX

Raiden Vines-Bright
Bradenton, FL

Taz Williams
I value the two commits we have thus far, BUT I think we need to add Meadows, or someone of his talent level, to call WR recruiting a success. Would love to add Taylor as well. Like most here, I don’t think we turn Legacy son Bettis away if he wants to commit, and I don’t see us taking more than four receivers. Do we take Meadows and Bettis…without question. Do we take Meadows and Taylor and Bettis…that’s not at all clear to me As I don’t think we want to have five receivers in this class.
Bettis seems like a high floor low ceiling possession receiver to me. Someone who is solid and will contribute, but not a difference maker by any means. I would prefer Meadows and Taylor to Bettis just based on their skills and higher ceilings.
I’ve read a couple references to Bettis play in the secondary on defense, and opinions that he has a higher ceiling as a safety than as a receiver. I have zero insight on this; but if accurate, that would be a perfect solution if Meadows and Taylor and Bettis all want to commit. If Bettis is not safety material and he wants to commit, then I think we are Limited to one additional receiver, and I hope that is Meadows.

Reactions: Kelso86
I value the two commits we have thus far, BUT I think we need to add Meadows, or someone of his talent level, to call WR recruiting a success. Would love to add Taylor as well. Like most here, I don’t think we turn Legacy son Bettis away if he wants to commit, and I don’t see us taking more than four receivers. Do we take Meadows and Bettis…without question. Do we take Meadows and Taylor and Bettis…that’s not at all clear to me As I don’t think we want to have five receivers in this class.
Bettis seems like a high floor low ceiling possession receiver to me. Someone who is solid and will contribute, but not a difference maker by any means. I would prefer Meadows and Taylor to Bettis just based on their skills and higher ceilings.
I’ve read a couple references to Bettis play in the secondary on defense, and opinions that he has a higher ceiling as a safety than as a receiver. I have zero insight on this; but if accurate, that would be a perfect solution if Meadows and Taylor and Bettis all want to commit. If Bettis is not safety material and he wants to commit, then I think we are Limited to one additional receiver, and I hope that is Meadows.
I agree with all this except I’d prefer Taylor to Meadows.

Reactions: Telx1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT