ADVERTISEMENT

One thing is clear. Book is bad

Book is a 5th year QB, compared to most this Man is like having a coach on the field.
This should be a huge advantage for ND, against any opponent.

Reactions: valianted25
21-3 ?

So would the best college QB ever be 24-0 ?
The best college qb ever would make their team significantly better than they could be with any other qb.... A lot of qbs in college today would help Nd be better than what we’ve been under book

Reactions: echowaker
Still possessing a minute understanding of how the game works I see.

i forgot that you know everything, so tell us, would the best QB in college football have won the Clemson game ?

How about the Michigan game in the rain ?

Now you’re 22-2 vs 21-3 with Book.

And you’re still whining.

Georgia ?

So now you’re the same 21-3.

Stop whining !

21-3 and no one could have improved on that record.

The only thing preventing you from learning more about football is your unbridled arrogance !

“The best college qb ever would make their team significantly better than they could be with any other qb.... A lot of qbs in college today would help Nd be better than what we’ve been under book”

Really? What exactly have we been “under book”? An undefeated playoff team and an 11-2 top ten-12 team, correct? Don’t understand how you try and spin it as if we’ve sucked under book. We’ve scored more points in a two year span than ND ever has and you post as if we’re a floundering middling offensive team, we’re not. Our game plan plays to our strengths, which is relying on a great defense & a ball control passing game. I know it dives you crazy but that’s the offense we run w/ the players we have playing to their strengths. So instead of ripping into our offense and nitpicking every tiny thing book does wrong, acknowledge that we’ve been scoring at an ND record clip under book, so posting as if we’ve sucked offensively during his run is rooted in BS.

And that’s your opinion that there “a lot of qbs” better than him in college. There are some, but not a lot. He’s better than you and your merry band of bashers make him out to be.

Remind me again, what’s his win - loss record.
Hes been a part of the reason for tvat record. But we have a great defense, tons of good players and a very good coaching staff.

The question is if we had an upper echelon type qb, would we be title contenders.

Book is a solid qb. But not upper echelon

Reactions: amazingreis
i forgot that you know everything, so tell us, would the best QB in college football have won the Clemson game ?

Georgia ?

Stop whining !

The only thing preventing you from learning more about football is your unbridled arrogance !
We beat Georgia for sure with a better qb

“We beat Georgia for sure with a better qb“

I can’t disagree w/ that because we nearly won w/ book and no one thinks he’s the best qb in the country, but which college qbs last year beat Georgia had they been the ND qb instead of book in your mind?

We beat Georgia for sure with a better qb

You play with the players you got. And Book is one hell of a player. His 3 rushing TD's by half time is an alltime record for Notre Dame by a qb.
We had a top five star qb in Dane Crist against a bad South Florida team in 2011 and lost. We got Ian Book and we win by 52.
And Book made a galliant comeback against Georgia.

“We beat Georgia for sure with a better qb“

I can’t disagree w/ that because we nearly won w/ book and no one thinks he’s the best qb in the country, but which college qbs last year beat Georgia had they been the ND qb instead of book in your mind?
A whole bunch. Burrow, Tua, Lawrence, Fields, Hurts, Ehlinger off the top of my head quick. But a bunch more as well

Louisville may be our toughest opponent outside of Clemson

I think it'll be UNC. They're pretty good this year and we have to go to Chapel Hill. Louisville's losing to Miami right now.

I think it'll be UNC. They're pretty good this year and we have to go to Chapel Hill. Louisville's losing to Miami right now.
Miami has a good team. I'm not completely sold on UNC, but I do love Howell. Pitts defense is real and will be a challenge as well

Reactions: mbd11
Miami has a good team. I'm not completely sold on UNC, but I do love Howell. Pitts defense is real and will be a challenge as well

Golson, my friend, I really don't think anybody but Clemson will give the Irish any trouble. And I felt that way after Duke, also. The team played hard and physically took it too Duke--They just ddin't execute and were out of sync.
Book is the leader of this team. The whole team plays hard and has direction. He may not be flashy but he steers the team to victory time and time again.

A whole bunch. Burrow, Tua, Lawrence, Fields, Hurts, Ehlinger off the top of my head quick. But a bunch more as well

So, at best ND goes 24- 2 with the best QB’s in College football and you’re all whining because Book is 23— 3.

Are you all out of your minds ?

You’re complaining because Book lost one more game, out of 26 games than the best college QB’s in the country. ?

Now here’s the next question for you geniuses, especially the grand master of football geniuses, Echowaker: How many of the QB’s that Golson5 listed could meet the admission standards at ND, and of those who might gain entry, how many could sustain eligibility and graduate ND ?

No matter who was at QB against Clemson and Michigan ND would have lost.

So your sole beef with Book is that another QB might have beat Georgia ?

That’s the crux of the matter !

And you call yourselves football experts, especially Echowaker, and the sole bone of contention is that Book is 23 - 3 and you think that ND might be 24 - 2 with another QB.

You’re a joke !

So, at best ND goes 24- 2 with the best QB’s in College football and you’re all whining because Book is 23— 3.

Are you all out of your minds ?

You’re complaining because Book lost one more game, out of 26 games than the best college QB’s in the country. ?

Now here’s the next question for you geniuses, especially the grand master of football geniuses, Echowaker: How many of the QB’s that Golson5 listed could meet the admission standards at ND, and of those who might gain entry, how many could sustain eligibility and graduate ND ?

No matter who was at QB against Clemson and Michigan ND would have lost.

So your sole beef with Book is that another QB might have beat Georgia ?

That’s the crux of the matter !

And you call yourselves football experts, especially Echowaker, and the sole bone of contention is that Book is 23 - 3 and you think that ND might be 24 - 2 with another QB.

You’re a joke !
I think you're looking at it the wrong way and you're getting all personal and defensive with your feelings.

The other question is, how many quarterbacks could also be 22 and 3 like Book?

We saw that Wimbush was able to win a lot of games with us and he couldn't even play at UCF.

We have a lot of talent and really good coaches. A lot of qbs would ve winning at ND right now.

"A whole bunch" and then you name the five best QBs in college football. Also Ehlinger and Book are very similar. If Book played in the Big12 I would suspect that he would improve his already very good numbers.

I don't know why people continue to bash him, he's been the QB for going on 3 years and you should know what you're going to get at this point. He's a great game manager but he's not of Heisman/NFL caliber, that said he's won the majority of his games and that will continue for as long as he's here.

"A whole bunch" and then you name the five best QBs in college football. Also Ehlinger and Book are very similar. If Book played in the Big12 I would suspect that he would improve his already very good numbers.

I don't know why people continue to bash him, he's been the QB for going on 3 years and you should know what you're going to get at this point. He's a great game manager but he's not of Heisman/NFL caliber, that said he's won the majority of his games and that will continue for as long as he's here.
I named 6 off the top of my head. I didnt even say Herbert, that would be 7. If I go through each teams roster Im sure I could come up with about 10 others. And I didnt bash him at all. Hes a solid qb. Hes not elite or the upper echelon.

He'll continue to win because we have a really good team with really good coaches. And hes a good qb.

Reactions: SIhoosier26

Georgia ?

Stop whining !

Not whining at all. Book didn't play very well against Duke and the only defense you have is a W-L record. Extremely weak and lazy.

I don't think acknowledging that he didn't play very well against Duke is bashing him. He was much better yesterday and will need to play even better for ND to get to the playoff.

Reactions: melstew
“A whole bunch. Burrow, Tua, Lawrence, Fields, Hurts, Ehlinger off the top of my head quick. But a bunch more as well“

A list of the “bunch more” when u get a chance.

“I don't think acknowledging that he didn't play very well against Duke is bashing him. He was much better yesterday and will need to play even better for ND to get to the playoff.”

Echo, acknowledging that he didn’t play well against duke is what I did. Saying he sucks, we suck under his guidance & we can’t wait until he’s gone is what a lot of posters did and have been doing since he got the nod two years ago. He’s already led us to the playoffs once so I think his play has at the very least should garner a little more respect as a player than the constant 24/7 bashing by some here.

“A whole bunch. Burrow, Tua, Lawrence, Fields, Hurts, Ehlinger off the top of my head quick. But a bunch more as well“

Did any of this whole bunch have any interest in going to Notre Dame?

“the only defense you have is a W-L record. Extremely weak and lazy.”

The only thing that book supporters have is the w-l record? What’s 100% weak & lazy is saying that. That statement is as ignorant as I’ve heard on the subject. He just passed the qb that you many times have called a “gamer” on the all time ND list, and btw, couldn’t hold a candle to book as a player. Funny how the rules change when someone needs to meet their narrative. All book defenders have is the W-L record? What a joke.

Carolina, Pitt, and Clemson. The big picture. A mediocre QB / performance won't cut it. Stay tuned.
N D will never beat the good teams with Book . All you have to do is watch this kid to see it. He does not know when to throw the pass . Once they start playing real teams it will show itself . Winning nine games against this competition means nothing . Kelly knows nothing about the qb position .

“the only defense you have is a W-L record. Extremely weak and lazy.”

The only thing that book supporters have is the w-l record? What’s 100% weak & lazy is saying that. That statement is as ignorant as I’ve heard on the subject. He just passed the qb that you many times have called a “gamer” on the all time ND list, and btw, couldn’t hold a candle to book as a player. Funny how the rules change when someone needs to meet their narrative. All book defenders have is the W-L record? What a joke.
You missed the point I was making. Using his W-L record to defend his performance against Duke is weak and lazy. That's what the discussion between us was about.

“You missed the point I was making. Using his W-L record to defend his performance against Duke is weak and lazy. That's what the discussion between us was about.“

Fair enough, echo, cuz stating that all book defenders have is the W-L record is uninformed stupidity.

N D will never beat the good teams with Book . All you have to do is watch this kid to see it. He does not know when to throw the pass . Once they start playing real teams it will show itself . Winning nine games against this competition means nothing . Kelly knows nothing about the qb position .

that’s why Kelly is not the QB or the QB coach. (also, he might be out of eligibility)

Not whining at all. Book didn't play very well against Duke and the only defense you have is a W-L record. Extremely weak and lazy.

In the words of the great American philosopher, Bill Parcels, “YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE”

Book is 23-3 and the best QB in college football MIGHT have ND at 24 - 2

End of story...........game, set, match.

Reactions: Zorich 88
that’s why Kelly is not the QB or the QB coach. (also, he might be out of eligibility)

Maybe that’s because the Clemson’s and Alabama’s have more talent at just about every position.

Have you looked at the NFL draft for the last 5 years ?

Give it a look and tell us what it reveals.

AND YOU DO ?

In the words of the great American philosopher, Bill Parcels, “YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE”

So would a bunch of other qbs be 23 and 3 at ND. Because we have a lot of talent and very good coaching

“You missed the point I was making. Using his W-L record to defend his performance against Duke is weak and lazy. That's what the discussion between us was about.“

Fair enough, echo, cuz stating that all book defenders have is the W-L record is uninformed stupidity.
Never, ever said that.

Everything still goes well above your head.

Reactions: Golson5

Herbert, Jordan Love, Trey Lance, Jamie Newman, Kyle Trask, Tanner Morgan, Howell from unc, Slovis from SC.

There's a bunch. That's 15 I've named that I think are as good but most better than Book. There are more out there as well

Reactions: spenna
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT