ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm

How does a coach who stinks beat the #2 team in the country... oh yeah by 30 points.

Purdue won 8 games in the 4 years prior to Brohm. He won 7 his first year including a bowl win. He also went 22-5 in 2 years at WKU who is now a joke of a team.

He is the Doug Pederson of CFB.
I don't know that a Pederson comparsion is a flattering thing to say right now. Lol. But I get your point. While Brohm's 4-3 record shouldn't wow anybody. In a sense I'm impressed with this record, because despite this Purdue starting off bad, Brohm clearly didn't lose this team, keep them motivated, and believing in each other and themselves. And I dunno how anyone cannot be impressed with their victory over OSU, as they've been in the top 5 annually for recruiting and I don't know if Purude even has a 4 star player.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
I don't know that a Pederson comparsion is a flattering thing to say right now. Lol. But I get your point. While Brohm's 4-3 record shouldn't wow anybody. In a sense I'm impressed with this record, because despite this Purdue starting off bad, Brohm clearly didn't lose this team, keep them motivated, and believing in each other and themselves. And I dunno how anyone cannot be impressed with their victory over OSU, as they've been in the top 5 annually for recruiting and I don't know if Purude even has a 4 star player.

I believe Rondale Moore had a Bama offer but chose the Boilers. Generally though, you are correct. Brohm has turned Purdue around with MAC talent.

https://247sports.com/player/rondale-moore-92949/

Reactions: 8th Man
You could have minimum intelligence but you are a dope. Brohm stinks and he is at a crappy program where he belongs.
Right Pendick44. You are such a great evaluator of talented coaches. After all BVG was a great D Coord pickup years ago according to you. Your opinion means squat.

Right Pendick44. You are such a great evaluator of talented coaches. After all BVG was a great D Coord pickup years ago according to you. Your opinion means squat.
7-0 and 3rd in country! Read a book dummy.

Are people assuming urban is finished after this season
many folks would not be surprised one bit. rumors of a lot of friction between Meyer and those above him. some think he may have a "relapse " of his Florida "illness ". people i know down here including a few former players from OSU all say things are not well there. then again the majority of those folks didn't think he'd survive the Zack Smith issue either.

Last edited:
many folks would not be surprised one bit. rumors of a lot of friction between Meyer and those above him. some think he may have a "relapse " of his Florida "illness ". people i know down here including a few former players from OSU all say things are not well there. then again the majority of those folks didn't think he'd survive the Zack Smith issue either.
Exactly. I think Urban started getting those chest pains again last Saturday when Purdue beat his teams a$$

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Not sure who wins Purdue-MSU but what a stinker so far. Purdue definitely has a post Buckeye hangover. Sparty is just too beat up on offense.

Agreed. Super bowl hangover. I predicted they’d miss the playoffs this offseason.

People overuse the term “hangover” in sports, especially in the NFL.

You have only 16 games in the NFL regular season and the talent level/competition in it displays as much parity as in any league in any sport. Winning margins are very, very slim, huge amounts of luck involving a strangely shaped ball come into play in a limited sample size (only 16 games), injuries mean more since there’s only 16 games, schedule SOS varies greatly, etc.

Frankly, unless you have an all time great QB (and even then),hedging against all these things that can go badly against you is extraordinarily impressive like what the Patriots have done, and I hate those smug bastards.

You have only 16 games in the NFL regular season and the talent level/competition in it displays as much parity as in any league in any sport. Winning margins are very, very slim, huge amounts of luck involving a strangely shaped ball come into play in a limited sample size (only 16 games), injuries mean more since there’s only 16 games, schedule SOS varies greatly, etc.

Frankly, unless you have an all time great QB (and even then),hedging against all these things that can go badly against you is extraordinarily impressive like what the Patriots have done, and I hate those smug bastards.
Patriots are the exception. Look at how many teams win or make the super bowl and don’t even make the playoffs the next year. At least 50% of super bowl champs don’t

Brohm was ripping into his QB and the kid wonder on the sideline. Many ND fans don't like it when the ND HC has any type of emotion on the sideline. They want a robot who wins.

Patriots are the exception. Look at how many teams win or make the super bowl and don’t even make the playoffs the next year. At least 50% of super bowl champs don’t

Yes, and it’s because of the things I mentioned above. With such a limited sample size of 16 games, purposefully unbalanced schedule, bad luck, injuries, fortuitous/unfortuitous bounce of the ball, etc., it’s difficult to hedge against all that. A “hangover” may have something to do with it, but it’s all those other things mostly. The Colts with Manning were also able to hedge against everything they could go wrong as well.

It’s DAMN tough to have a winning season in the NFL.

CALLED IT

Reactions: 8th Man
To be fair, Michigan state SHOULD beat Purdue every time they play. Talent isn’t even comparable.

MSU was playing a freshman QB who has never started a game. Their top two WRs didn’t play. They also had 4-5 other injured starters who didn’t play.
Purdue should have won that game. Easily.

This is what I told you before. He wins big game, loses bad game. Rinse, repeat. That’s why they are .500

You see it all the time. A team not used to playing in big games let alone winning one more often that not suffers a huge letdown the following week. Sparty was playing DBs at receiver because of all their injuries. They had 2nd teamers on the o line and a freshman QB making his first start. Purdue was not ready to play.

Hey, only 3 more wins this year and they’ll match their win total to the 4 years prior to Brohm!
He is a MAC coach. Did you hire Faust to replace Devine? Put down the wacky toback. It is making extra dopey.

He is 4-4. He stinks
Lol. How does a coach who stinks beat the #2 team in the country with tenfold the talent by 29?

Won double 10 & 12 games his final 2 seasons at western Kentucky who is now terrible.

He has 11 wins at Purdue in not even 2 seasons, including a bowl win. Purdue had 9 wins in his 4 seasons before he got there.

Does BK stink because he went 4-8?

Lol. How does a coach who stinks beat the #2 team in the country with tenfold the talent by 29?

Won double 10 & 12 games his final 2 seasons at western Kentucky who is now terrible.

He has 11 wins at Purdue in not even 2 seasons, including a bowl win. Purdue had 9 wins in his 4 seasons before he got there.

Does BK stink because he went 4-8?
He is 4-4. He could coach N D's intermural team.
I would rather have the row the boat coach takeover for BK in a few years.

What a joke of a post.

No thank you, Purdue can keep him.

I am not a big Kelly guy but I would take BK with a doubt.

MSU was playing a freshman QB who has never started a game. Their top two WRs didn’t play. They also had 4-5 other injured starters who didn’t play.
Purdue should have won that game. Easily.

This is what I told you before. He wins big game, loses bad game. Rinse, repeat. That’s why they are .500
Id hardly say losing to sparty is a bad game. Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois yes. you make absolutely no sense

53 Just stay on the Purdue board!

Your starting to develop multi-personalities.

You see it all the time. A team not used to playing in big games let alone winning one more often that not suffers a huge letdown the following week. Sparty was playing DBs at receiver because of all their injuries. They had 2nd teamers on the o line and a freshman QB making his first start. Purdue was not ready to play.
True. Blough was awful

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT