ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm

NDIRISH53

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 13, 2016
Starting to think this guy is good coach. All the haters, your crow is waiting for you.

In all seriousness, this is the man who should replace BK when he decides to hang it up.

Starting to think this guy is good coach. All the haters, your crow is waiting for you.

In all seriousness, this is the man who should replace BK when he decides to hang it up.

He also lost to EMU.
That’s what he does. Beats a good team, loses to a bad MAC team. Repeat.

He also lost to EMU.
No, they are a completely different team since then. Just as ND almost lost to Ball State and Vandy, with a much wider talent gap.

They changed qb’s, made adjustments and now they are a legit team. This is more than an upset, they manhandled them.

Also, Brohm won 1 less game his 1st year at Purdue then the 4 years prior.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
No, they are a completely different team since then. Just as ND almost lost to Ball State and Vandy, with a much wider talent gap.

They changed qb’s, made adjustments and now they are a legit team. This is more than an upset, they manhandled them.

Also, Brohm won 1 less game his 1st year at Purdue then the 4 years prior.

Just watch.
Purdue will lose multiple more games this year. Brohm is known as an all or nothing coach. He is on record saying he would rather beat #1 team & finish 1-11 than have an average season. Coaches like that don’t win national titles. And national titles are the only goal of ND.

Reactions: Quest4Twelve
He also lost to EMU.
First 3 games of the season -8 point differential, next 4 (including tonight) 99 point differential. That’s coaching. You cannot deny Brohm is both an offensive genius and someone who knows how to gets the most out of his players.

One big win and he’s ND’s next coach. My God.
How about having 7 wins including a bowl when Purdue won 8 games the 4 year prior to him?

How about double digit wins in all 3 seasons at WKU?

The man is an offensive guru and a master motivator.

Oh yeah, and he just beat the #2 team in the country by 29

How about having 7 wins including a bowl when Purdue won 8 games the 4 year prior to him?

I wouldn't be surprised if USC considers making him an offer.

I wouldn't be surprised if USC considers making him an offer.
If they don’t, they are dopes.

As an eagles fan he reminds me so much of doug pederson. Both offensive geniuses whose players would run throw a brick wall for. Tough blue collar guys who played backup in the league also.

He is the kind of coach that at ND would beat Michigan then lose to Navy. Then beat USC, but follow up with a loss to Wake Forest.
Those coaches don’t win titles. They upset teams, are cool for a week, but then nobody cares.
And funny enough BK was called an offensive guru & master motivator when ND hired him. And won multiple national coach of the year awards. But he sucks, right?

Reactions: NotreDomer1

Easy killer.

By this thinking he'd better get in line behind Kirk Ferentz after Iowa's drubbing of OSU in 2017

He is the kind of coach that at ND would beat Michigan then lose to Navy. Then beat USC, but follow up with a loss to Wake Forest.
Those coaches don’t win titles. They upset teams, are cool for a week, but then nobody cares.
And funny enough BK was called an offensive guru & master motivator when ND hired him. And won multiple national coach of the year awards. But he sucks, right?
What is this based off of that he’d lose to Navy as ND’s coach? You clearly have an agenda against the guy. The fact that his team was -8 in point different the first 3 games and is now +99 totally blows that theory out of the water. His team just blew out the #2 team in the country, and it was way more than just luck of the draw. He outcoached urban, simple as that. His offense is fantastic and his defense has been getting better every game.

I never said BK is a horrible coach, which is why I said he should replace him when BK decides to leave.

You have zero proof that Brohm is up and down based off 1.5 years at Purdue. You make that assumption because his team started poorly, but they are clearly a different team, who have blown good and bad teams out of the water since then.

Easy killer.

By this thinking he'd better get in line behind Kirk Ferentz after Iowa's drubbing of OSU in 2017
Way, way more than just dismantling OSU. I’ve been on the Brohm bandwagon since day 1. Look my name up and “brohm” in the search.

He is a spitting image of Doug Pederson. I’ll remind everyone, Purdue won 8 game in 4 years before Brohm took the job.

It's not the worst idea I've heard. I suppose the bigger question is... When will Kelly leave?
Probably in 1-3 years, so we’re probably not going to get him because he’s gone after this year.

Which is fine. I’d rather have this version of BK 2.0 nine years in than have Brohm. I do think Brohm is the PERFECT successor though. He is Doug Pederson.

Probably in 1-3 years, so we’re probably not going to get him because he’s gone after this year.

Which is fine. I’d rather have this version of BK 2.0 nine years in than have Brohm. I do think Brohm is the PERFECT successor though. He is Doug Pederson.
At the end of 2016 I thought he would very much welcome a buyout. He looked so defeated and looked like he had enough of ND. Observing him the past two years he's so much more calm and positively engaged with his team, he seems happy to be there. So why leave? Very curious to see how long he lasts. And like you I prefer this version of Kelly than Brohm.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
7 wins at Purdue is not up and down. That's just up. He was a hot coach by end of season last year and his stock is obviously still going up. There should not be many, if any, big jobs up this year. The biggest jobs that I see coming open are UNC, Boston College, and Louisville. I would not be totally surprised if Urbie called it quits this year. If he did and they got Brohm that would be really annoying.

Reactions: 8th Man

I'll eat my crow.

I was really impressed by the play-calling. They exploited OSU's scheme with some of those passes and Blough was cool in the pocket and very accurate. Then, the DC had his guys confident and they came to play.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
He lost to E. Michigan. Last night’s game was great for him and his program, but E. Michigan? At home.

OSU has been wearing down the last 3-4 weeks and it finally caught up with them. Minnesota had them on the ropes until late last week

Reactions: notredamerises23

He needs another 10 years of HC experience and track record.

well it would be a good way to further piss off Purdue. Their schedule is still pretty tough after this so a follow-up win might not come right away. he has set a high bar for the rest of the year

“He is the kind of coach that at ND would beat Michigan then lose to Navy. Then beat USC, but follow up with a loss to Wake Forest.
Those coaches don’t win titles. Theyupset teams, are cool for a week, but then nobody cares.”

Farly, I know you’re locked in and alll but I’m not sure how you look at Brohm and say this? How do you know what kind of coach he is w/ his limited time at a P5 program. A P5 program that was in the shitter, I might add. It’s okay to defend Kelly and at the same time not rip into other coaches that fans point to and say “he would be a good successor to Kelly”. As I said, throwing a blanket statement over Brohm saying “he is the kind of coach that....” is pure conjecture on your part. You have no clue how he’d do at ND or any other upper tier program based on his resume. If anything, his resume should impress, not make you think he’d be a flop, imho.

It's settled. Jack should break away from all his money making for a moment and hire Brohm as "HC in waiting". That, after he should have hired the "row the boat" guy in the same position.

Don’t know if that was directed to me, Toby, but I’ve never said that Brohm should be our coach. I was just pointing out that deeming him “the type of coach that beats a good team then loses to a bad team” when all we’ve really had to go on is his tenure at Purdue is over the top. He could be great, he could not be, but so far in his career, he’s been pretty darn good. Are we really gonna evaluate him on the up & down of a Purdue team that was really really bad just a couple years ago? They could definitely lay some eggs down the stretch but that doesn’t cement what he’d do at ND given the chance. As I said before, I don’t know if he’ll be great or even very good, but to declare him “the type of coach that...” this early in his career is pure conjecture at this point based on hunches only.

Just watch.
Purdue will lose multiple more games this year. Brohm is known as an all or nothing coach. He is on record saying he would rather beat #1 team & finish 1-11 than have an average season. Coaches like that don’t win national titles. And national titles are the only goal of ND.
And how many has bk won?

bk is far from an offensive guru. Your comments are stupid and carry no weight firefly.

He lost to E. Michigan. Last night’s game was great for him and his program, but E. Michigan? At home.

OSU has been wearing down the last 3-4 weeks and it finally caught up with them. Minnesota had them on the ropes until late last week
Purdue is a very young team. They had no business losing to Eastern Mich, however if you watch/follow them they are getting better every week. It was just like bk losing to Tulsa at home.

“He is the kind of coach that at ND would beat Michigan then lose to Navy. Then beat USC, but follow up with a loss to Wake Forest.
Those coaches don’t win titles. Theyupset teams, are cool for a week, but then nobody cares.”

Farly, I know you’re locked in and alll but I’m not sure how you look at Brohm and say this? How do you know what kind of coach he is w/ his limited time at a P5 program. A P5 program that was in the shitter, I might add. It’s okay to defend Kelly and at the same time not rip into other coaches that fans point to and say “he would be a good successor to Kelly”. As I said, throwing a blanket statement over Brohm saying “he is the kind of coach that....” is pure conjecture on your part. You have no clue how he’d do at ND or any other upper tier program based on his resume. If anything, his resume should impress, not make you think he’d be a flop, imho.
firefly is an idiot who likes making $hit up. No facts, all MOUTH

It's settled. Jack should break away from all his money making for a moment and hire Brohm as "HC in waiting". That, after he should have hired the "row the boat" guy in the same position.
Who is saying that? All that was said is he would be a good successor to bk. No one is calling for your beloved bk to be gone.

Brohm has the pedigree to gain an interview. He won big at WKU....30-10. He has Purdue going in the right direction.

He also has a bit of a pipeline to Trinity HS in KY. He knows QBs.

I would consider him more viable than anyone else other than Chris Peterson.

PJ Fleck by all accounts "Jerry Kills mouth" Is an Urban Meyer like scum bag but without the coaching ability. I wouldnt hire Fleck to walk my dog, let alone coach 18-22 year olds.

Reactions: zonairish
I'll eat my crow.

I was really impressed by the play-calling. They exploited OSU's scheme with some of those passes and Blough was cool in the pocket and very accurate. Then, the DC had his guys confident and they came to play.
So impressed with how often his players were in space.

Brohm has the pedigree to gain an interview. He won big at WKU....30-10. He has Purdue going in the right direction.

He also has a bit of a pipeline to Trinity HS in KY. He knows QBs.

I would consider him more viable than anyone else other than Chris Peterson.
My exact same thought. If CP does not succeed kelly, than I want Brohm.

Key word SUCCEED for all you claiming I want fired or something like that

Reactions: chitown sot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT