ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm

It's settled. Jack should break away from all his money making for a moment and hire Brohm as "HC in waiting". That, after he should have hired the "row the boat" guy in the same position.
Don’t see your big issue with thinking brohm would be a great successor Toby.

-3 seasons at WKU 3 double digit wins
-convinced Purdue to update facilities which are now top tier in the country
- outstanding motivator/recruiter
- offensive/ QB mastermind
- his DCORD is a boss
- 10 wins in 1.5 seasons at a school who had 8 wins the 4 years prior

My prediction is he goes to USC, and we will all be eating crow.

We currently have a HC who has our guys undefeated and ranked #3. The "grass is always greener" applies here. My comments were directed at no one, yet directed at everyone.

Last edited:
7 wins at Purdue is not up and down. That's just up. He was a hot coach by end of season last year and his stock is obviously still going up. There should not be many, if any, big jobs up this year. The biggest jobs that I see coming open are UNC, Boston College, and Louisville. I would not be totally surprised if Urbie called it quits this year. If he did and they got Brohm that would be really annoying.
Dont think BC is coming open. They are too cheap to buy the guy out.

My exact same thought. If CP does not succeed kelly, than I want Brohm.

Key word SUCCEED for all you claiming I want fired or something like that
You have as good a chance of succeeding B K as CP.

You have no clue how he’d do at ND or any other upper tier program based on his resume.
That's the big problem with too many fans. They want guarantees and that's just not possible. Especially here.
There is no crystal ball. Look at Ty Willimgham. He had good momentum coaching at a similar institute. A lot of people thought he would be a great fit coming from Stanford.

Even other coaches...just because they've success at one school means very little coming here.

Everyone wants that Saban or Meyer. The problem is once a coach becomes a Saban or Meyer type coach it will be too late. They either won't want to come here with tougher admissions or we won't pay them evough.

The big question is this....

Hypothetically speaking...if you could grab Saban, Meyer or Dabo and with Dabo you need his D coordinator too...if you could get them but it would require ND to make them the first 10 million per year coach would the university pull the trigger?

Honestly right now I think that elite coach number if you could ever lure one away from their cushy pad now would 10 million or more.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
Brohm can do better than Louisville. He has already turned down Tennessee. USC or Auburn may be looking for a coach in December.
ever think his alma mater is where he WANTS to be ? thats the scuttle anyway down this way. we're pretty close to Louisville.

Reactions: Walruzz
ever think his alma mater is where he WANTS to be ? thats the scuttle anyway down this way. we're pretty close to Louisville.

That is possible. However, Louisville will be dealing with probation for a while. The Cards are a mess at the moment, and it would be a mostly lateral move from Purdue.

Reactions: 8th Man
Don’t see your big issue with thinking brohm would be a great successor Toby.

My prediction is he goes to USC, and we will all be eating crow.

As will Brohm fanboys after Sparty drills them by 14.

Don't knock Purdue. First off, they are the school of astronauts. That's good. Secondly, we would have taken a beat down of OSU by the Irish at anytime over the last four times our guys have played them. I'm ecstatic for the Boiler players and students. Job well done.

SC fans would throw in a #1 pick to get him at USC. That would be a huge upgrade over Helton.
Actually, a head coaching vacancy would be an upgrade over Helton.

SC fans would throw in a #1 pick to get him at USC. That would be a huge upgrade over Helton.
Actually, a head coaching vacancy would be an upgrade over Helton.
U$C would have to cut some player salary to land Brohm. Risky move

Reactions: 8th Man
U$C would have to cut some player salary to land Brohm. Risky move

So stuck in tbe past? SC is so standards tight now, probably more so than ND. SC has decommited 2 5* players recently for the most minor cause and let a secret student group suspended a player a ludicrous 28 months. At these moments any hint of controvery shakes SC to it’s foundations. The recent lack of support by the administration, athletic department and coaching staff has really impacted SC recruiting.

Last edited:
Are we really talking about a 4-3 Purdon't ?
Once again you show how ignorant you really are. This team could easily be 7-0 or 6-1 right now if you actually watched them play. If only they had BVG leading the defense. Wasn't he the one who was the great hire for ND that you raved about?

tOSU might inquire about him at seasons end during their coaching search.

The glitch might be he cannot go to another B10 university.

If Jeff does leave Purdue, The Boilers has options. Scott Satterfield from App State or Neal Brown from Troy might be interesting candidates. I would like Jeff to stay at Purdue, but totally understand if a Louisville or USC would ever come calling.

Once again you show how ignorant you really are. This team could easily be 7-0 or 6-1 right now if you actually watched them play. If only they had BVG leading the defense. Wasn't he the one who was the great hire for ND that you raved about?
"you are what your record says you are"......Bill Parcells

Best since Tiller but will be gone $$$$ will come his way I say USC, Louisville, Auburn all might take a look.

Jeff Brohm is proving to be a very good coach and Purdue looked great the other day. That being said he hasn't won near enough yet to warrant a opportunity like Notre Dame. If he keeps it up sure, but Purdue still is 4 and 3.

You could have minimum intelligence but you are a dope. Brohm stinks and he is at a crappy program where he belongs.

You could have minimum intelligence but you are a dope. Brohm stinks and he is at a crappy program where he belongs.
How does a coach who stinks beat the #2 team in the country... oh yeah by 30 points.

Purdue won 8 games in the 4 years prior to Brohm. He won 7 his first year including a bowl win. He also went 22-5 in 2 years at WKU who is now a joke of a team.

He is the Doug Pederson of CFB.

How does a coach who stinks beat the #2 team in the country... oh yeah by 30 points.

Purdue won 8 games in the 4 years prior to Brohm. He won 7 his first year including a bowl win. He also went 22-5 in 2 years at WKU who is now a joke of a team.

He is the Doug Pederson of CFB.

Doug Pederson and the Eagles need to step in up a little this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT