ADVERTISEMENT

The Tua scam.....

An injured one does. Apparently you weren't watching.

You might want to pay attention better when watching a football game. Or, Maybe it's the "mysteries" of the game that confuse you. You might be confusing the SEC championship game w the CFB Championship game.

Tua was not injured in the Championship game. He was Benched and replaced by The backup.

An even if he had a "boo boo" and had to to miss one play - you don't come out of a championship game if you are an elite QB.

Here is the title of the article written by "Sports Illustrated's" Michael Shapiro after the game.

"Alabama's Tua Tagovoiloa Benched, Replaced by Jalen Hurts in Championship Game Blowout"

The only thing hurt w Tua in that game was his pride.

And He looked awfully fine standing on the sidelines while Benched.

Again, not saying he's good - he's pretty good - not just Elite.

An Elite QB doesn't get Benched in a championship game.

Reactions: rgc7
You might want to pay attention better when watching a football game. Or, Maybe it's the "mysteries" of the game that confuse you. You might be confusing the SEC championship game w the CFB Championship game.

Tua was not injured in the Championship game. He was Benched and replaced by The backup.

An even if he had a "boo boo" and had to to miss one play - you don't come out of a championship game if you are an elite QB.

Here is the title of the article written by "Sports Illustrated's" Michael Shapiro after the game.

"Alabama's Tua Tagovoiloa Benched, Replaced by Jalen Hurts in Championship Game Blowout"

The only thing hurt w Tua in that game was his pride.

And He looked awfully fine standing on the sidelines while Benched.

Again, not saying he's good - he's pretty good - not just Elite.

An Elite QB doesn't get Benched in a championship game.
My bad I thought you were referring to the SEC chamlichampi game. And yes Tua is still elite and would be a top 15 pick if in the draft this year.

My bad I thought you were referring to the SEC chamlichampi game. And yes Tua is still elite and would be a top 15 pick if in the draft this year.

We agree to disagree.

Fwiw - I like you echo and I know that you know football.

As you can tell I'm just not fan of Saban and Bama and SEC as u can tell.

And most importantly I'd rather see Book become elite.

Have a good weekend.

Go Irish Go !!!

We agree to disagree.

Fwiw - I like you echo and I know that you know football.

As you can tell I'm just not fan of Saban and Bama and SEC as u can tell.

And most importantly I'd rather see Book become elite.

Have a good weekend.

Go Irish Go !!!
Would love to see Book be elite. Not holding my breath. He was godawful against Clemson. Looked terrified.

Would love to see Book be elite. Not holding my breath. He was godawful against Clemson. Looked terrified.

Yep - had happy feet.

What's weird is he is very accurate sort to mid range - but his deep balls are not accurate

He has only started 9 games - hoping that he improves when under duress and also figures out the deep ball.

Yep - had happy feet.

What's weird is he is very accurate sort to mid range - but his deep balls are not accurate

He has only started 9 games - hoping that he improves when under duress and also figures out the deep ball.
Yeah, he bailed at the first sense of pressure. Left a lot of plays out there with his impatience.

Yeah, he bailed at the first sense of pressure. Left a lot of plays out there with his impatience.
Agree. Happy feet was terrible. Trevor Lawrence may not have been that accurate when blitzed but he kept his head up and didn’t get happy feet. Rees must challenge him this offseason.

That’s not true.

Rewatch the game.

When your receivers are blanketed and the DLine and LB’s are closing in on you, did you want him to just stand there ?

When he bolted he picked up valuable yardage on many occasions.

Go back and rewatch the game, it just might change your opinion.

2 things Rees/Kelly must demand and work with all spring and summer

1. Deep ball
2. Pocket presence

Nonsense, Book has both.

Kelly needs to work on pass protection by the OLine.
Given time and quality receivers Book will pick apart most defenses.

Do you think he completed 70 % of his passes because he didn’t have pocket presence ?

Nonsense, Book has both.

Kelly needs to work on pass protection by the OLine.
Given time and quality receivers Book will pick apart most defenses.

Do you think he completed 70 % of his passes because he didn’t have pocket presence ?
Blind

You should be so blind.

Book’s pass completion percentage was 70 % during the season and you, in your expert opinion, claim that he doesn’t have pocket presence ? ? ?

As to the Clemson game, look at his stats then add in the dropped passes and PI calls.

Rewatch the game and see how many times that he broke the pocket because his receivers were covered.

In your expert opinion, when your receivers are covered and your pocket is collapsing, what should he have done.

The OLine failed, not Book.

Last edited:
That’s not true.

Rewatch the game.

When your receivers are blanketed and the DLine and LB’s are closing in on you, did you want him to just stand there ?

He sucked and the coaching staff sucked worse.

You should be so blind.

Book’s pass completion percentage was 70 % during the season and you, in your expert opinion, claim that he doesn’t have pocket presence ? ? ?

As to the Clemson game, look at his stats then add in the dropped passes and PI calls.

Rewatch the game and see how many times that he broke the pocket because his receivers were covered.

In your expert opinion, when your receivers are covered and your pocket is collapsing, what should he have done.

Against any decent defense (Pitt, Clemson) book had zero pocket presence and got a mean case of happy feet. This is undeniable. His deep ball is bad. Also undeniable. He needs to get better, and if he doesn’t there’s talent behind him. Nobody’s job is safe.

That’s not true.

Rewatch the game.

Disagree strongly. 53 is spot on. His pocket presence was awful. You have to hang in there. You're playing a top defense you're going to get hit. He rarely looked down field once he sensed pressure. Left a lot of plays out there.

I think it was a little but of both. Book left a couple times early but the o-line sucked w/ pass protection. Still baffles me how some of you rip into book but don’t ever talk about separation and/or protection. Yet you think other past ND qbs were “solid” or “gamers”. I think it’ll be a good competition between Phil & Ian next year but can’t wrap my head around the vitriol towards the best qb season we’ve had in a long time. The idea that it was all on book against Clemson is a bunch of bullshit. He was running for his life and if any of you played the position, you’d realize it’s not easy to go through your progressions when the pocket is collapsing every other play.

You should be so blind.

Your post is flat out wrong. There were numerous plays in that game that were there for the taking had Book shown even a modicum of patience. They were playing arguably the best defense in the country. Expecting a clean pocket all the time is silly. Yes you're going to get hit. You have to have the patience to hang in there and let the play develop. Yes Book had excellent numbers during the season but he also never faced a well above average defense. If he can only be successful when the circumstances are ideal then good luck with that. Book made big strides this year but there is certainly huge room for improvement in his game.

I think it was a little but of both. Book left a couple times early but the o-line sucked w/ pass protection. Still baffles me how some of you rip into book but don’t ever talk about separation and/or protection. Yet you think other past ND qbs were “solid” or “gamers”. I think it’ll be a good competition between Phil & Ian next year but can’t wrap my head around the vitriol towards the best qb season we’ve had in a long time. The idea that it was all on book against Clemson is a bunch of bullshit. He was running for his life and if any of you played the position, you’d realize it’s not easy to go through your progressions when the pocket is collapsing every other play.
Have to disagree. His impatience was the biggest reason the offense struggled in my opinion.

He sucked and the coaching staff sucked worse.

He sucked ?

What was his completion percentage?

What was his competition percentage adjusted for drops by the receivers ?

What was his completion percentage adjusted for PI ?

What was lacking was the OLine

He sucked ?

What was his completion percentage?

What was his competition percentage adjusted for drops by the receivers ?

What was his completion percentage adjusted for PI ?

What was lacking was the OLine
How many times did he leave the pocket early just to lose a yard? He had happy feet the entire game hurting the development of the plays. He also missed wide open receivers and clearly has difficulty throwing long. He was by far the weakest link in comparison to the other QBs in the playoff. His coaches and play calling didn't help either.

I hope Jurkovich gets a fair shot in the spring.

Your post is flat out wrong. There were numerous plays in that game that were there for the taking had Book shown even a modicum of patience. They were playing arguably the best defense in the country. Expecting a clean pocket all the time is silly. Yes you're going to get hit. You have to have the patience to hang in there and let the play develop. Yes Book had excellent numbers during the season but he also never faced a well above average defense. If he can only be successful when the circumstances are ideal then good luck with that. Book made big strides this year but there is certainly huge room for improvement in his game.

I broke the ND offensive game down, play by play, so tell us, which of those numerous plays that you cite, did Book fail to exercise patience, plays that were there for the taking.

I noticed 2 or 3 poor throws, with 1 or 2 hurried, but he didn’t break the pocket on those plays.

Book can only play against the teams on the schedule, a schedule structured years in advance.

Both VT and FSU were touted to have good defenses, Clemson may have had the best defense in college football.

Clemson’s defense was strident, but the ND coaching staff failed to adjust to the pressure and the almost constant blitzing.
Very few screens and draws to mute the defensive rush.
The OLine certainly didn’t distinguish itself and that impact QB play.

What many forget is that teams trend and peak and others trend and crash. Clemson was clearly trending upward,

There’s not a knowledgeable person on the planet that predicted the play and outcome of the Clemson vs Alabama game.

Clemson peaked at the right time.

How many times did he leave the pocket early just to lose a yard? He had happy feet the entire game hurting the development of the plays. He also missed wide open receivers and clearly has difficulty throwing long. He was by far the weakest link in comparison to the other QBs in the playoff. His coaches and play calling didn't help either.

I hope Jurkovich gets a fair shot in the spring.

As I said, I broke the ND offensive plays down on a play by play basis.

So tell us the “specific” plays where he left the pocket early, plays where being sacked wasn’t imminent or when his receivers were open.

Let us also know when he missed wide open receivers.

Cite the quarter and time of the play.

Let’s deal with facts rather than lame excuses that are a substitute for sour grapes.

Why wouldn’t Jurrkovich get a fair shake ?

As I said, I broke the ND offensive plays down on a play by play basis.

So tell us the “specific” plays where he left the pocket early, plays where being sacked wasn’t imminent or when his receivers were open.

Let us also know when he missed wide open receivers.

Cite the quarter and time of the play.

Let’s deal with facts rather than lame excuses that made sour grapes
No, I'm not going back to watch that shitty game again. Just agree to disagree.

In my opinion Book was bad and the coaching staff was worse, I don't really care what your opinion is. The only argument worthy of having was who was the worst in that game between Long, Book, and Kelly. The truth is that they were all terrible. It was a flat out embarrassment for the fans, players, alums, and institution that is Notre Dame football.

No, I'm not going back to watch that shitty game again. Just agree to disagree.

In my opinion Book was bad and the coaching staff was worse, I don't really care what your opinion is. The only argument worthy of having was who was the worst in that game between Long, Book, and Kelly. The truth is that they were all terrible. It was a flat out embarrassment for the fans, players, alums, and institution that is Notre Dame football.

I don’t mind you disagreeing with me, but I have an issue when you refuse to rewatch the game and break down each play in order to either support or reconsider your position.

I don’t disagree on criticism of the game plan and failure to adjust to Clemson’s almost constant blitzing.

If your receivers are covered and/or your pocket is collapsing, I don’t know what you’d expect of Book who went 17-34. Add in 3 drops and he’s 20-34 for a 59 % completion percentage. Add in at least 2 PI calls and he’s 22-34 for 65 %.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT