ADVERTISEMENT

The Tua scam.....

This is the epitome of ESPN driving home their Messiah.

Your post here holds zero credibility.

Comparing an NFL legend with a collegiate player is about as ying and yang as you can get

Have someone who understands my post explain it to you.

Tua if he does get drafted will be a bust in the NFL.

And I guarantee their are a lot of NFL GM's who agree.
he just finished his second season. plenty of upside. will he be a bust ? maybe . PLENTY of high quality college players who had mediocre at best pro careers. that doesn't change the fact that they were high quality college players. there is a whole thread here about Ismail being inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. Great college player and a mediocre pro at best. It happens. By the way who are all these NFL front office folk who agree with your Tua assessment ? I haven't heard or read any NFL personnel that have any negative assessments of him as a player.

This debate is not about Tom Brady.

I'm not denigrating Tua. I said his he is a good QB. I say he is Not Elite.

And the NFL w 32 teams has as much parity as it ever has. So and 8-8 team playing a team w winning record tough is not uncommon.

The NCAA has what 120 or so teams - w great disparity in talent from top to bottom.

And no those 9 defenses that Bama went against did not rise to any occasions - they were all very very bad.

Tua racked up big numbers vs a lot of bad teams and defenses.

As noted - he's good - just not Elite.
Right now he's a good college QB.

And he may get drafted into NFL - because he's from Bama And will continue to put up big numbers w his supporting cast - but at this point based off what I have seen - he will be a bust if he does get into the NFL - doesn't mean he's not a good college qb

And as a side note his completion percentage was 69%.
so would you say the same thing about Ian Book ? his performance against a top rated defense was not good and he excelled against teams with average defenses at best. which QB excelled against an elite defense this year ? i'll tell you, dwayne haskins. The heisman trophy winner didn't play against a great defense all year. was he not elite ? so there are no elite QBs in the college game then ?

First of all - not a lot of very good QB in college football - right now - a lot of average and a lot of bad and a lot who are ok to good.

Watching the bowl games was painstaking at times w how many bad to very average college QBs their are.

The few elite ones better than Tua

Murray
Haskins
Lawrence
Milton
Maybe King from Houston

And I'm probably missing one or two more I can't think of right now.

Tua falls into the "good " category - below those handful of elite college QB's
So, in all of college football, only 4 QB’s are, in your opinion, better than Tua ? That sounds pretty elite to me.

As a side note his completion percentage was .6947.

First of all - not a lot of very good QB in college football - right now - a lot of average and a lot of bad and a lot who are ok to good.

Watching the bowl games was painstaking at times w how many bad to very average college QBs their are.

The few elite ones better than Tua

Murray
Haskins
Lawrence
Milton
Maybe King from Houston

And I'm probably missing one or two more I can't think of right now.

Tua falls into the "good " category - below those handful of elite college QB's
what nonsense. the heisman trophy winner played against defenses all year that were every bit as bad if not worse than the ones Bama played so he's elite but the runner up isn't ? but yet the guy who finished third was ? maybe the most uneducated post here in a long, long time.

So, in all of college football, only 4 QB’s are, in your opinion, better than Tua ? That sounds pretty elite to me.

As a side note his completion percentage was .6947.

When's the last time a completion percentage was ever listed w 4 digits ?

And yes Tua is not Elite.

what nonsense. the heisman trophy winner played against defenses all year that were every bit as bad if not worse than the ones Bama played so he's elite but the runner up isn't ? but yet the guy who finished third was ? maybe the most uneducated post here in a long, long time.

Difference was Murray competed at a high level vs all his opponents including Bama and Tua did not. Not sure how that is so uneducated to figure out.

he just finished his second season. plenty of upside. will he be a bust ? maybe . PLENTY of high quality college players who had mediocre at best pro careers. that doesn't change the fact that they were high quality college players. there is a whole thread here about Ismail being inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. Great college player and a mediocre pro at best. It happens. By the way who are all these NFL front office folk who agree with your Tua assessment ? I haven't heard or read any NFL personnel that have any negative assessments of him as a player.

Friends of mine who privately discuss football matters w me Tua still young - he could still develop maybe into an NFL QB.

Right now he's a good college QB - just not Elite.

Reactions: rgc7
Difference was Murray competed at a high level vs all his opponents including Bama and Tua did not. Not sure how that is so uneducated to figure out.
Really ? Murray was a whopping 19-37 for 308 and 2 tds against Bama. not so great. for arguments sake Tua was 24-27 for 317 with 4 tds in the same game. just saying.

easy to see its uneducated. Did Haskins have great games all year ? no, he was 18-32 with three turnovers against mighty Nebraska but yet he's elite but Tua is not ? utter nonsense.

Last edited:
Have someone who understands my post explain it to you.
How about I explain to you why your post is inaccurate.

First of all comparing players is ridiculous and unfair to both the compared and the comparing. What's bad here is comparing an NFL legend to someone who's in their 16th game of college playing against defenses laced with players who will never see a down on Sunday.

The rushing of Tua and any QB is disrupting. I mean hello...welcome to football 101.

My point on Tua is that he is in the habit of looking one way at snap and then blindly winging it to the other side. He's able to get away with that play against most defenses given the explosiveness of his receivers matching up against average or below average corners.

Against a good coached defense with decent material he can't.

While others have talked about his future Sunday career I have not. I don't put cart before horse.

Just merely pointing out that ESPN loves to get on a band wagon and sell it hard to the nation....and hey why not...too many people buy everything they say hook line and sinker.

All year they sold the nation how Tua is the greatest QB ever (not a far off exaggeration) Beating up teams outclassed by Bama said what? Nothing to me.

Beating up a good defense says a lot....except Tua didn't shine against those defenses.

He may play well on Sunday or flop. I don't care.

At present however he's not the QB Messiah ESPN drove down everyone's throat all year.

Thanks for solidifying my point.

By the way...

Allow me to point something out to you.

You could post that BK is really a good coach and defend him to the end.

Now obviously I disagree with that but it ends right there. I don't feel done personal attack of you disagree with me or not.

You could tell me our offense was well prepared against Clemson and the only reason we mustered 3 points was due to recruiting.

Something again I would disagree with.

What you wouldnt't see is me pissing and moaning and literally upset at such an opinion.

You also won't find me call you one single derogatory name.

I find all this hilarious. Perhaps you don't.

Why? Two reasons...#1 it's your opinion and I'm not immature in response even if I respond at all...

And

#2 I don't give a care what you think and sure the hell don't get all ass hurt over your differing opinion.

;) Have a great day
You don't call people derogatory names?..... you are really losing it 88.

In all honesty, next time you feel the urge to post a new topic or long, drawn out hot take post.... just think to yourself "Does anyone on here really give a f*ck what I think?"....... and the answer to that is, "No!"

There is no comparison between the average Big 12 defense and the average SEC defense. Tua played against much better defenses during the season than Murray did. That's not a slight of Murray, that's just reality.

Reactions: echowaker
The question can be answered this way:
Trev. Lawrence
Mike Vick

Peyton Manning
Vick

Brady
Vick

You have the No.1 pick in the draft.
How close is it?

Well, Tua is not close or even comparable to M. Vick.

You don't call people derogatory names?..... you are really losing it 88.

In all honesty, next time you feel the urge to post a new topic or long, drawn out hot take post.... just think to yourself "Does anyone on here really give a f*ck what I think?"....... and the answer to that is, "No!"
Show me the examples of me resorting name calling.

It shouldn't be a waste of time for you since you can't help yourself being fascinated with what I say.

What will be a waste of time is trying to find the name calling.

I think in five plus years on here I might have called someone specifically a clown ONE time and I believe it was in a sarcastic fun way.

Maybe one other time I said a name but it was based on their actions not because their opinion about a sport differed from mine.

Hell I don't even use the name troll to someone who actually is....why?? ....hell I don't know....Mature maybe? As in I don't get all shattered if someone differs an opinion of mine...or maybe I don't care or get offended from someone's opinion.

BTW...your little statement of....
"In all honesty, next time you feel the urge to post a new topic or long, drawn out hot take post.... just think to yourself "Does anyone on here really give a f*ck what I think?"....... and the answer to that is, "No!"

That statement is hilarious because your actions scream 180 degrees opposite of your little chest thump.
You click on what I'm saying an awful lot for someone who doesn't care. I know you can't help yourself and that's OK.

As far as people not giving a fukc what I say...(remember YOU brought this up)...
You have 2,598 messages and 639 likes.
I have 3,370 messages and 1,870 likes.

I assume you can do the math and figure out that quite a few people actually do care;)

Thanks,
appreciate it,
have a great weekend

again not a single solitary bit of info on your football related background. just another windbag who doesn't have the first clue when it comes to the intricacies of the game of football. disagree with my opinions all you'd like but at least mine come from a lifetime of practical experience in the game both on and off the field. you just go out of your way to demean everything you don't like in football sans an educated opinion.
Again the narcissistic behavior comes bursting out.
I'm not making fun because you seriously have NPD. I echo a second time for you...you can still get help.

If you don't know what I speak of then look it up. As long as you don't deny it by default you'll clearly see what I'm talking about.

The question can be answered this way:
Trev. Lawrence
Mike Vick

Peyton Manning
Vick

Brady
Vick

You have the No.1 pick in the draft.
How close is it?

Well, Tua is not close or even comparable to M. Vick.
Vick couldn’t complete 70% against tackling dummies.

Again the narcissistic behavior comes bursting out.
I'm not making fun because you seriously have NPD. I echo a second time for you...you can still get help.

If you don't know what I speak of then look it up. As long as you don't deny it by default you'll clearly see what I'm talking about.
paranoia will destroy ya.....

It shouldn't be a waste of time for you since you can't help yourself being fascinated with what I say.

I think in five plus years on here I might have called someone specifically a clown ONE time and I believe it was in a sarcastic fun way.

Maybe one other time I said a name but it was based on their actions not because their opinion about a sport differed from mine.

Hell I don't even use the name troll to someone who actually is....why?? ....hell I don't know....Mature maybe? As in I don't get all shattered if someone differs an opinion of mine...or maybe I don't care or get offended from someone's opinion.

"In all honesty, next time you feel the urge to post a new topic or long, drawn out hot take post.... just think to yourself "Does anyone on here really give a f*ck what I think?"....... and the answer to that is, "No!"

That statement is hilarious because your actions scream 180 degrees opposite of your little chest thump.
You click on what I'm saying an awful lot for someone who doesn't care. I know you can't help yourself and that's OK.

As far as people not giving a fukc what I say...(remember YOU brought this up)...

I assume you can do the math and figure out that quite a few people actually do care;)

Thanks,
appreciate it,
have a great weekend
keeping score ? how truly pathetic.

Thanks,
appreciate it,
have a great weekend
you're like some of the students i used to have who would get long winded when they didn't have the correct answer. classic.

There is no comparison between the average Big 12 defense and the average SEC defense. Tua played against much better defenses during the season than Murray did. That's not a slight of Murray, that's just reality.

The 9 defenses that I highlighted that Bama played vs are no different than the shitty big 12 defenses .

But Iowa st and TCU defenses were not shitty btw.

Tua defenses he played against were not any better than Murrays - probably about the same top to bottom - not much difference

And ALL NFL Insiders / coaches at this point would take Murray over Tua.

Murray is elite and Tua is not - if he was he wouldn't of thrown 4 picks against the two best defenses he played.

Tua is a good college QB - just not Elite

A lot of QB's if on Bama could put up big qb numbers.

easy to see its uneducated. Did Haskins have great games all year ? no, he was 18-32 with three turnovers against mighty Nebraska but yet he's elite but Tua is not ? utter nonsense.

Every coach, scout, mgmt person I know would take Haskins over Tua - Haskins is elite

Tua is not - at this stage in his career - maybe he gets there w more experience

keeping score ? how truly pathetic.
Just remember you have no idea who I am, what I do, what I did yesteryear and what tomorrow may bring. I'm perfectly content with my experience and credentials that I don't feel the need to tell people for validation or qualification.

I don't call people idiots, dumb, stupid or the like when an opinion differs from mine.

Give it a rest Dr. Phil........the definition of NPD fits you to a T so maybe it's you who doesn't realize you have it.

You should start another post to discuss it.
Then you've no idea what that is.

Moreover this concerns you how?

Thanks.

Just remember you have no idea who I am, what I do, what I did yesteryear and what tomorrow may bring. I'm perfectly content with my experience and credentials that I don't feel the need to tell people for validation or qualification.

I don't call people idiots, dumb, stupid or the like when an opinion differs from mine.
why so stingy with the details ? i'm guessing there certainly is no football background based solely on the vast majority of your posts. like i posted earlier it's fine to disagree with my football opinions but at least mine are based on a long history of practical experience in the game both on the field and on the sideline. you just spew nonsense.

Thanks,
appreciate it,
have a great weekend
Oh boy, we have someone who is going for "likes"....... Your math is missing out point.... the majority of your posts have been in the last couple years... when that feature was available... the majority of my posts were when I was in High School and created this account (2005).

You keep telling yourself you know football... and keep fuming your hot takes left and right looking for approval from someone.... at the end of the day, you are a joke.

Oh boy, we have someone who is going for "likes"....... Your math is missing out point.... the majority of your posts have been in the last couple years... when that feature was available... the majority of my posts were when I was in High School and created this account (2005).

You keep telling yourself you know football... and keep fuming your hot takes left and right looking for approval from someone.... at the end of the day, you are a joke.
his ego is quite fragile to say the least.

Then you've no idea what that is.

Moreover this concerns you how?

Thanks.

Just expressing my concern for you like you are for other posters. I'm sure you are really concerned for other posters mental health or am I not allowed to respond when I see pseudo-psychological babble?

How about I explain to you why your post is inaccurate.

First of all comparing players is ridiculous and unfair to both the compared and the comparing. What's bad here is comparing an NFL legend to someone who's in their 16th game of college playing against defenses laced with players who will never see a down on Sunday.

The rushing of Tua and any QB is disrupting. I mean hello...welcome to football 101.

My point on Tua is that he is in the habit of looking one way at snap and then blindly winging it to the other side. He's able to get away with that play against most defenses given the explosiveness of his receivers matching up against average or below average corners.

Against a good coached defense with decent material he can't.

While others have talked about his future Sunday career I have not. I don't put cart before horse.

Just merely pointing out that ESPN loves to get on a band wagon and sell it hard to the nation....and hey why not...too many people buy everything they say hook line and sinker.

All year they sold the nation how Tua is the greatest QB ever (not a far off exaggeration) Beating up teams outclassed by Bama said what? Nothing to me.

Beating up a good defense says a lot....except Tua didn't shine against those defenses.

He may play well on Sunday or flop. I don't care.

At present however he's not the QB Messiah ESPN drove down everyone's throat all year.

Well, you still don’t understand the jist of my post.

So Tua looks one way and blindly wings it the other way and some how, by some miracle .6947 of his blind wings get caught by his receivers.

Just imagine if he looked where he was throwing, heck, he could probably complete 99 % of passes.

I do agree that projecting success in the NFL is beyond premature.

I also agree that ESPN tends to lock onto and promote certain players.

However, I’ve seen Tua make very accurate throws in traffic and I’ve seen him make very accurate throws downfield. Two quality assets.

One could make an argument that if you’re the starting QB at Alabama you’re in rarified air or elite status to begin with.

As to Vick or any running QB in the NFL, as the initials indicate, they’re Not For Long.

The QB’s who last, stay in the pocket. Brady, Payton, Eli and their kind.

A QB who’s a runner in college won’t last long as a runner in the NFL, pocket passers survive far longer in the NFL. RG III might be exhibit “A”

Tua is a superior college QB, but every player at every position has off games.

1. An elite Coach does not replace an elite QB in a CG, but a not elite coach may not recognize an elite QB or his own faults may cause him to do so.

2. Tua is not in the elite catagory as yet. Probably because he is not. The word elite is thrown out there too easily and too quickly.

3. This thread attained idiocy when a poster implied Tua was better than M Vick.

Reactions: IrishBlessings
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT