ADVERTISEMENT

Saban's one of the Greatest Coaches of All-Time, but..

How dumb are you?

So the qb can play in 100% of the teams games and pitcher can pitch in about 20% of their games

Your math isn't mathing....
Try improving your reading comprehension skills, the question was about the position, not the player.

Have someone explain that to you?

Try improving your reading comprehension skills, the question was about the position, not the player.

Have someone explain that to you?
Each staff carries around 13 pitchers.

The QB is the most valuable player in all of sports because they have the ball in their hands on every offensive play. They can also play in every game unlike a pitcher

They also dont get pulled 3/4 of the game like pitchers do. It's very rare they finish games anymore which decreases their value

Qb is more valuable than a pitcher

The QB is the most valuable player in all of sports because they have the ball in their hands on every offensive play. They can also play in every game unlike a pitcher

They also dont get pulled 3/4 of the game like pitchers do. It's very rare they finish games anymore which decreases their value

The pitcher also has the ball in his hands on every play.
And the pitcher throws the ball on every play

QB’s can be effectively be replaced by other position players on the roster, Pitchers can’t effectively be replaced other position players on the roster

MLB restricts in-season rosters to 14 pitchers which should tell you how important the pitching position is. It’s so important that teams stack their rosters with 14 of them

Apparently so is whining like a little girl about THE best coach in college football history. Not one of the best.

The rest of your post after “but”…Was just crybaby sore loser nonsense. Can’t beat him so let me whine about him. SOFT

Who's whining? Wow you really should go back to school and take some reading classes.

I stated Saban is one of the greatest college football coaches of all time, and i called him a hypocrite for coming out and stating that college football is losing its grip on the "student-athlete" when he's been a staunch facilitator of prioritizing the athlete over the student. Up until the last few years Alabama's football graduation rate was barely above 50%. So it's not whining, it's discussing facts.
i can't help that you can't understand the written word.

That’s wasn‘t what SCOTUS was asked to rule on.

And Saban doesn’t have the authority to make any changes in NIL
That's true but he does have the clout to change this runaway train.

It wasn't ever suppose to be able to buy a championship

The pitcher also has the ball in his hands on every play.
And the pitcher throws the ball on every play

QB’s can be effectively be replaced by other position players on the roster, Pitchers can’t effectively be replaced other position players on the roster
HAHAHA

Well then by your own admission ND should just open up that billion dollar purse and buy a team.
That’s absolutely not true and that’s never been my position

Let me make myself clear, Notre Dame is it institution of higher learning first, followed by great athletic programs and a storied athletic history

Notre Dame excels in academics and athletics, and that’s the proper order

That’s absolutely not true and that’s never been my position

Let me make myself clear, Notre Dame is it institution of higher learning first, followed by great athletic programs and a storied athletic history

Notre Dame excels in academics and athletics, and that’s the proper order
I didnt say to drop standards, but to open the purse, how else do you expect ND to compete with those that not only can recruit without the same restriction, but can now buy players?
How do you expect for ND to keep what quality players they have from leaving for a better chance to not only win an NC, but get paid millions to do so?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sluggo69
I didnt say to drop standards, but to open the purse, how else do you expect ND to compete with those that not only can recruit without the same restriction, but can now buy players?
How do you expect for ND to keep what quality players they have from leaving for a better chance to not only win an NC, but get paid millions to do so?
What college football players are being paid millions and by whom ?

Colleges/Universities are prohibited from paying players

Reactions: NDinNJ
What college football players are being paid millions and by whom ?

Colleges/Universities are prohibited from paying players
Geez you can't be that far out of the loop:

How much money did Caleb Williams make
in NIL?
around $10 million
In a Wednesday story looking at how Williams and his family
are approaching the draft process, The Athletic -- citing
multiple anonymous sources - reported the former
Oklahoma quarterback earned "around $10 million"
between NIL deals and endorsements in his two seasons at
USC..

Do you need more?

Let me guess you were unaware?

Last edited:
Check out the Ryan Day, and James Franklin quote:

......."But there’s been some very, you know…once [Ryan Day] and he….I think he came out publicly and said, yeah we need $13 million to keep this roster in play. And then I believe James Franklin came back and said well 13, we need 14. I mean, don’t quote me exactly on that,” Stoops said.

in NIL?
around $10 million
USC..

Do you need more?

DIP, I don't want to speak for Patrirish--Lord knows he is able to do that himself--but I think the point he was making is that NIL doesn't come from the schools directly, but comes from booster-funded collectives. That is, under the NCAA's NIL rules payments for athletic-related performance cannot come from the universities themselves but must come from third party groups, such as businesses or booster-funded collectives. To me that is a slippery slope we are on; if the head coach of the football team can go to the collective and say, "we need a $2 million NIL package to get this recruit to come here," is that really diferent in substance from the money coming from the school itself? While it gives the school cover and allows it to say they are not directly involved in providing a financial recruiting inducment, doesn't that elevate form over substance?

The Ed O'Bannon antitrust lawsuit against the NCAA that triggered the institution of NIL involved the question of whether student-athletes could be compensated for the use of their name, image or likeness. In other words, it involved athletes who were already enrolled in school. Under current NCAA rules NIL is not supposed to be used as a recruiting inducment--pay for play--but that is exactly what is happening. However, this new ruling by a federal judge, which granted a preliminary injunction in a lawsuit brought by the attorneys general of Tennessee and Virginia, throws the NCAA's position into doubt. That lawsuit challenges NCAA rules against recruiting inducements, saying they unlawfully inhibit an athlete's ability to cash in on their name, image or likeness.

NCAA rules still prohibit schools directly paying athletes and any payment or compensation being tied specifically to athletic performance, but based upon the recent court ruling the NCAA will now apparently back off from going after schools that use NIL as a recruiting inducement.

I guess we just wait to see where all this goes. It is a mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadirishpoet
DIP, I don't want to speak for Patrirish--Lord knows he is able to do that himself--but I think the point he was making is that NIL doesn't come from the schools directly, but comes from booster-funded collectives. That is, under the NCAA's NIL rules payments for athletic-related performance cannot come from the universities themselves but must come from third party groups, such as businesses or booster-funded collectives. To me that is a slippery slope we are on; if the head coach of the football team can go to the collective and say, "we need a $2 million NIL package to get this recruit to come here," is that really diferent in substance from the money coming from the school itself? While it gives the school cover and allows it to say they are not directly involved in providing a financial recruiting inducment, doesn't that elevate form over substance?

The Ed O'Bannon antitrust lawsuit against the NCAA that triggered the institution of NIL involved the question of whether student-athletes could be compensated for the use of their name, image or likeness. In other words, it involved athletes who were already enrolled in school. Under current NCAA rules NIL is not supposed to be used as a recruiting inducment--pay for play--but that is exactly what is happening. However, this new ruling by a federal judge, which granted a preliminary injunction in a lawsuit brought by the attorneys general of Tennessee and Virginia, throws the NCAA's position into doubt. That lawsuit challenges NCAA rules against recruiting inducements, saying they unlawfully inhibit an athlete's ability to cash in on their name, image or likeness.

NCAA rules still prohibit schools directly paying athletes and any payment or compensation being tied specifically to athletic performance, but based upon the recent court ruling the NCAA will now apparently back off from going after schools that use NIL as a recruiting inducement.

I guess we just wait to see where all this goes. It is a mess.
Please believe me I know Pat has no problem speaking for himself
Now i know this, and never said it doesn't come "directly from the university" wink wink, but that doesn't change the facts now does it, and the devils in the details.
Notre Dame as a few other universities had one had tied behind its back.......this (NIL) if not countered by Notre Dame boosters wink wink will be a hill to steep to climb

Last edited:
Now if boosters represents the universities then how is that any different than coming from the universities?
Just curious

Now if boosters represents the universities then how is that any different than coming from the universities?
Just curious

Because in theory the collectives are supposed to be independent of the universities. That may be elevating form over substance, but that is the explanation given. Those with a more cynical view of NIL say it just legalizes what used to be the brown paper sack full of cash, hence the "Now Its Legal" name attached to it.

I don't have a problem with athletes being paid for the use of their name, image or likeness--that is eminently fair in my mind--but the pay for play scheme that NIL has now become seems like it may very well end up corrupting the game. Of course, some would say that horse left the barn a long time ago. The rich will just get richer. The NCAA seems powerless to stop this train, so maybe Congress may have to put some legislative brakes on it. We'll see. Not holding my breath.

This short article gives some helpful information on collectives:

Because in theory the collectives are supposed to be independent of the universities. That may be elevating form over substance, but that is the explanation given. Those with a more cynical view of NIL say it just legalizes what used to be the brown paper sack full of cash, hence the "Now Its Legal" name attached to it.

I don't have a problem with athletes being paid for the use of their name, image or likeness--that is eminently fair in my mind--but the pay for play scheme that NIL has now become seems like it may very well end up corrupting the game. Of course, some would say that horse left the barn a long time ago. The rich will just get richer. The NCAA seems powerless to stop this train, so maybe Congress may have to put some legislative brakes on it. We'll see. Not holding my breath.

This short article gives some helpful information on collectives:

I just read that earlier today though is it cynical for seeing what it is?
BTW do we really need the federal government to fix this?

in NIL?
around $10 million
USC..

Do you need more?

You left off a critically important fact, neither kaleb Williams, or any other player, who is paid millions of dollars by the college/university they played for, which is what you claimed

NIL is the law of the land
The Supreme Court made that decision

The colleges/universities are prohibited from making any payments to them, which is what you implied

Get your facts right before you post

Just curious
Boosters do not represent the universities
Y
ou don’t understand the relationships and the dynamic

Tell us how a booster can enrich a player

Thanks

You left off a critically important fact, neither kaleb Williams, or any other player, who is paid millions of dollars by the college/university they played for, which is what you claimed

The colleges/universities are prohibited from making any payments to them, which is what you implied

You left off a critically important fact, neither kaleb Williams, or any other player, who is paid millions of dollars by the college/university they played for, which is w

hat you claimed

Lmao
Where did I post universities were pays them......get your facts right

Last edited:
Y

Thanks
Booster don't represent universities?
They are boosting for the university.
Maybe the university isn't affiliated offically wink wink with their booster, but they don't refuse money from them. Call it what you want...plausible deniability, what ever but you are fooling yourself that's for sure

I've posted articles/videos of how this works. Don't watch/read them I don't care what you do to keep yourself ignorant

Can Universities be involved in NIL deals?

Schools would not be permitted to directly compensate student-athletes for the use of their NIL BUT could identify potential NIL opportunities for student-athletes and even facilitate deals between student-athletes and third parties.

Where do schools get NIL money?

Another source of NIL money comes from group licensing opportunities. In some states, companies are allowed to enter into group licensing agreements with colleges or athletic departments. This allows companies to use the collective NIL rights of a team or school in advertising and promotions.Jun 16, 2023

Where does the college NIL money come from?

The industry's growth has been driven in large part by collectives. These donor-backed groups facilitate NIL opportunities like autograph signings and appearances at fundraisers and account for 80% of the money flowing to student-athletes. The remaining 20% comes from brand deals, per Opendorse.Sep 19, 2023

Can boosters pay NIL money?

The only people who cannot currently donate to NIL opportunities are coaches and athletic administrators. Fans and boosters can donate through collectives or agencies and can get very specific in where they want their money targeted.

Last edited:
Maybe the university isn't affiliated offically wink wink with their booster, but they don't refuse money from them. Call it what you want...plausible deniability, what ever but you are fooling yourself that's for sure

I've posted articles/videos of how this works. Don't watch/read them I don't care what you do to keep yourself ignorant
Ask Kim Dumbar.

Y

Thanks
For someone who is as arrogant as you and who posts so GD much you don’t shit about anything.

Tell that to Coach Holtz. While he will agree the NCAA disagrees. See Kim Dumbar mid 1990’s.
Kim Dunbar was the girlfriend of a player and she paid $ 25 to join a breakfast club and because of her joining the breakfast club the NCAA deemed her to be a booster.

Try telling the entire story, if you even know it

I know far more about the relationship between boosters and the University of Notre Dame than you.

The University of Notre Dame accepts money from me, am I a booster ?

Kim Dunbar was the girlfriend of a player and she paid $ 25 to join a breakfast club and because of her joining the breakfast club the NCAA deemed her to be a booster.

Try telling the entire story, if you even know it
She was consider a booster and a rep of the university.

I know far more about the relationship between boosters and the University of Notre Dame than you.

The University of Notre Dame accepts money from me, am I a booster ?
Keep telling yourself that

"Fans and boosters can donate through collectives or agencies and can get very specific in where they want their money targeted"

Can Universities be involved in NIL deals?

"Schools would not be permitted to directly compensate student-athletes for the use of their NIL BUT could identify potential NIL opportunities for student-athletes and even facilitate deals between student-athletes and third parties."

...."and even facilitate deals between student-athletes and third parties."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT