ADVERTISEMENT

Saban's one of the Greatest Coaches of All-Time, but..

Belichick was below average before he got Brady. He was below average after Brady left
So according to you, Brady was the only reason that Belichick was successful

Timing coincidences don’t prove anything !

He is a football coach not a professor and he excelled at it.
Why would he be remorseful? It's not his responsibility to do the universities job. That's like asking the English literature professor to help them read a playbook.
If the kid is to ignorant to figure it out there's always janitorial services

If Saban wants to make a difference he needs to save college football from NIL and preserve some of what it use to be.
Saban can’t do anything about NIL, that was a ruling by SCOTUS

Belichick was below average before he got Brady. He was below average after Brady left
This is the worst take of all time and not even true. Of course even if it was true, it only shows that the NFL is a qb centric game and the GOAT coach cannot win beans without a top quarterback.

This is the worst take of all time and not even true. Of course even if it was true, it only shows that the NFL is a qb centric game and the GOAT coach cannot win beans without a top quarterback.
Oh it's absolutely true. And I was being generous saying below average. His record is flat out bad without Brady

Oh it's absolutely true. And I was being generous saying below average. His record is flat out bad without Brady
If Bill Belichik is such an atrocious head coach without Tom Brady, why will Belichik be voted into the NFL HOF?

If Bill Belichik is such an atrocious head coach without Tom Brady, why will Belichik be voted into the NFL HOF?
I didn't say he was atrocious. I said his record without Brady is bad (it is)

He's going to get into the HOF because the years with Brady counts obviously

Moronic question

Wow. Great post. Thanks for sharing. Those stats are stunning. I’m a die hard ND fan, and I follow 24/7/365, but I didn’t know Rockne’s stats were that spectacular.

Incredible numbers. Shocking and sad that he was just 43 when he died.

Growing up in the 90s, I spent 5 or 6 summers at ND Basketball camp. I used to love playing at “The Rock”. The facility had great courts indoors, then several great outdoor courts as well. It was the highlight of my year as a kid…..I couldn’t wait for that week. Fee for the overnight camp was around $315, if I’m not mistaken. We’d play bball all day, eat at the South Dinning Hall, and stay in Dillon. Great times, great memories.

IrishMike, Rockne's death was not merely a tragedy to Notre Dame fans, his death was mourned by the whole country. Here is what a newsaper back in the day said about it:

"Seldom, if ever, has the death of a man who was not engaged in public service or in any official capacity provoked such widespread expressions of grief as that of the Notre Dame coach."

Several years ago Ivan Maisel of ESPN wrote a nice piece on how Knute Rockne's funeral was truly a watershed moment in American culture:

The story is worth the read if you haven't seen it before.

When I attended ND I lived on the South Quad and played a ton of pickup basketball at the Rock. You are right, it was a great gym. On occasion you would see players from the men's bball team playing pickup games there in the off season. (I imagine that is probably frowned upon these days, for fear of the player getting injured.) One of the special things about ND was that athletes mingled with the student body; there were no "jock" dorms. I had a hockey player living in the room next door to me. That policy is still true to this day, and I think many of the athletes end up appreciating that about the place.

IrishMike, Rockne's death was not merely a tragedy to Notre Dame fans, his death was mourned by the whole country. Here is what a newsaper back in the day said about it:

"Seldom, if ever, has the death of a man who was not engaged in public service or in any official capacity provoked such widespread expressions of grief as that of the Notre Dame coach."

Several years ago Ivan Maisel of ESPN wrote a nice piece on how Knute Rockne's funeral was truly a watershed moment in American culture:

The story is worth the read if you haven't seen it before.

When I attended ND I lived on the South Quad and played a ton of pickup basketball at the Rock. You are right, it was a great gym. On occasion you would see players from the men's bball team playing pickup games there in the off season. (I imagine that is probably frowned upon these days, for fear of the player getting injured.) One of the special things about ND was that athletes mingled with the student body; there were no "jock" dorms. I had a hockey player living in the room next door to me. That policy is still true to this day, and I think many of the athletes end up appreciating that about the place.
You are so right
Playing in the Rock was great and varsity athletes from every sport played in the pick up games.

The total integration of the varsity athletes with a general student population was just one of the things that made Notre Dame special

I remember Paul Costa dunking with both hands and he was 6’4” 240 and I could only dunk with one. He started out as a running back as the Jimmy Snowden then they transition to tight ends, and once they are in the NFL they became tackles. Great athletes and great guys.

I remember a pretty good basketball player. I think his name is Carl Drewry breaking his right arm, but he continued to play and became a pretty good shooter lefty
When the cast came off he was really, really good

Fun times !

Do you really believe Belichick had a HOF coaching career without Brady? I’m a Browns fan and Belichick was not good in Cleveland. He needed a QB. Before Brady started Bill was rumored to being close to losing his job. Bill will get into the Hall because of the Brady years. QB is the single most important position in all of team sports. Once you begin to understand that you will start to understand football. Life’s to short to go through it dumb.

I know that genius. Everyone knows that.
Obviously, you didn’t because you only pointed out the Belichick passed on him through many rounds.

Evidently 31 coaches didn’t think he merited being drafted and that only Belichick was the genius

Obviously, you didn’t because you only pointed out the Belichick passed on him through many rounds.

Evidently 31 coaches didn’t think he merited being drafted and that only Belichick was the genius
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. You love to read things that are not even remotely true.

Do you really believe Belichick had a HOF coaching career without Brady? I’m a Browns fan and Belichick was not good in Cleveland. He needed a QB. Before Brady started Bill was rumored to being close to losing his job. Bill will get into the Hall because of the Brady years. QB is the single most important position in all of team sports. Once you begin to understand that you will start to understand football. Life’s to short to go through it dumb.
You, Golson and others are so clueless about how NFL teams are managed starting with I love the front office

you have no idea about the limit on the coaches influence on the crafting of a team
you have no idea about the role of the GM, president and owner/s
You’re clueless

That’s funny because I thought that the pitcher in baseball was the most important position of all the team sports

A Review of this year’s NFL season and 3rd and 4th string QB’s at QB disproves your flawed theory

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
You, Golson and others are so clueless about how NFL teams are managed starting with I love the front office

you have no idea about the limit on the coaches influence on the crafting of a team
you have no idea about the role of the GM, president and owner/s
You’re clueless

That’s funny because I thought that the pitcher in baseball was the most important position of all the team sports

A Review of this year’s NFL season and 3rd and 4th string QB’s at QB disproves your flawed theory
You thought wrong

I googled "Greatest NFL Head Coaches Of All Time..." and read the first 3.

CBS Sports lists Bill Belichik as #1, Athlon has Bill Belichik as #1, ESPN has Bill Belichik at #2 behind Don Shula.

Are those groups "...dumb..." as well?

I googled "Greatest NFL Head Coaches Of All Time..." and read the first 3.

CBS Sports lists Bill Belichik as #1, Athlon has Bill Belichik as #1, ESPN has Bill Belichik at #2 behind Don Shula.

Are those groups "...dumb..." as well?
When you count in what Brady did with him, they have to put him number 1

That wasnt the point or argument. It's what he is/was without Brady

and I could only dunk with one.

The legend of Patrice continues to grow (in his own mind of course). Is there anything this guy can't do?

When you count in what Brady did with him, they have to put him number 1

That wasnt the point or argument. It's what he is/was without Brady
As I have said, Bill Belichik drafted Tom Brady.

Someone gets credit for that.

Yea that's what I said in the title of my post. Reading comprehension is a valuable skill to get you through life.

Apparently so is whining like a little girl about THE best coach in college football history. Not one of the best.

The rest of your post after “but”…Was just crybaby sore loser nonsense. Can’t beat him so let me whine about him. SOFT

Last edited:
Yes Belichick, Kraft and the scout who fought for him

Now what does that have to do with coaching
Kraft?

You can't be serious. Jerry Jones in Dallas I get. Mentioning Kraft regarding anything football related in New England is ludicrous. Bill Belichik ran that organization top to bottom his entire tenure in New England. Had his hands on everything.

Kraft?

You can't be serious. Jerry Jones in Dallas I get. Mentioning Kraft regarding anything football related in New England is ludicrous. Bill Belichik ran that organization top to bottom his entire tenure in New England. Had his hands on everything.
Using your silly argument..... who hired Bill Belichick?

Thank you..... got ya

A pitcher throws once every 5 games. A qb plays every game

If you're taking about the single most important player, it is the QB
Here I go educating you again
There are 162 games in a baseball season, divided by five and a pitcher plays in 32 games.
there are 16 games in the football season, do the math

In addition, the issue was about the position not the individual player

Get with the program for a change

and I could only dunk with one.

The legend of Patrice continues to grow (in his own mind of course). Is there anything this guy can't do?
I already told you, I couldn’t dunk with both hands

Kraft?

That’s inaccurate

For starters, Belichick did not manage the salary cap

In terms of managing a team, the coach is the optical tip of the iceberg

Here I go educating you again
There are 162 games in a baseball season, divided by five and a pitcher plays in 32 games.
there are 16 games in the football season, do the math

In addition, the issue was about the position not the individual player

Get with the program for a change
How dumb are you?

So the qb can play in 100% of the teams games and pitcher can pitch in about 20% of their games

Your math isn't mathing....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT