ADVERTISEMENT

Saban's one of the Greatest Coaches of All-Time, but..

Walsh was under .500 without Montana
Knoll was under .500 without Bradshaw
Johnson was .536 at Miami
Walsh had 2 seasons without Montana, BB had over 10 seasons. Poor example. Too small a sample size. Just like your Lomardi one. He only coached 1 season without Starr and went 7 and 5. Too small a sample

So Jimmy was much better than BB was without his main QB.

What was Knolls winning pct without Bradshaw compared to BB without Brady? I know he won 2 playoff games without compared to 1 for BB

Reid was great with a lot of QBs

George Seifert won super bowls with 2 different qbs as well.

Walsh had 2 seasons without Montana, BB had over 10 seasons. Poor example. Too small a sample size. Just like your Lomardi one. He only coached 1 season without Starr and went 7 and 5. Too small a sample

So Jimmy was much better than BB was without his main QB.

What was Knolls winning pct without Bradshaw compared to BB without Brady? I know he won 2 playoff games without compared to 1 for BB

Reid was great with a lot of QBs

George Seifert won super bowls with 2 different qbs as well.
Which one of those coaches would do better with the loss of the GOAT Tom Brady?

Saban thought he had a great team coming back. He spoke to 70% to 80% of his roster. And was his returning roster focused on winning another national title and maximizing their NFl value? Of course not!!

There primary focus was on playing time “guarantees” and getting some show up money. So the greatest coach in college football history. PEROD! Said, screw his I’m gonna hang out in Jupiter FL. BTW welcome neighbor!

The attitude among Gen Zoomer players are in zero alignment with how Saban built Alabama, or how any successful organization is built from top to bottom.

Miss me with this, these kids deserve this, and these kids deserve that psycho babble. . 99% of this kids are not equipped to handle what they’re getting, nor are they deserving of what they’re getting

But they want it because we’ve got a generation of soft parents and disinterested, apathetic public school teachers and public university professors that tolerate this selfish me, me attitude.

So the best coach in college football history PERIOD, walked, the National Title winner went to the NFL, and a P 5 head coach (Chip Kelly) voluntarily demoted himself to a coordinator. Progress indeed.

Bill Walsh was about to be fired before Montana became his QB. I dont think anyone believes he was a bad coach/average coach.

Jimmy Johnson never won anything without Aikman not thinks he was an average coach

Andy Reid was just asked what was the secret to his success and he said drafting a HOF QB

Tom Landry had Staubach while he had tons success over 29 seasons his only 2 SB came with Staubach.

Lombardi had Starr only champs came with him

Knoll coached 20+ years only titles came with Bradshaw.

Off the top of my head only coaches I can think about that won SB with different QB's were Gibbs and Parcell in the 80's & early 90's.
Don Shula won with two different QBs.

Young was on the team when Walsh coach and if he played it wasn’t very much.
I didnt say how much he played. I said he played

He played in 19 games between 87 and 88 with 6 starts.

He went 4 and 2 with 15 tds and 3 ints

He also played in 3 playoff games during that time and had 2 tds

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT