ADVERTISEMENT

The Tua scam.....

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
It seems some have finally figured out he's not as elite as the trendy talking heads (ESPN)drove into your brain that so many of you love to take as gospel.

You want to know what he really does....and Clemson seen right through the bullshit...

I've said this all year....

He looks one way when the ball is snapped then goes the other way automatically. He doesn't do it because his first option is covered...he just automatically does it knowing full well where he's going with the ball regardless.

It's not hard to see what he does and
Clemson preached to the defensive backs do NOT over commit. More times than not he'll look this way, then just turn and wing it over here. What do ya know...Clemson looked like they played against him before in 7 vs.7 camp games.

The plays that hurt Clemson were a deep pass behind the safety, the scrambling to his left and deep throw on an adjusted route..(Bama player pushing off)
and the deep crossing routes which eventually the receivers are going to get open.

Clemson had the COACHING, scheme, athletes and discipline to get some picks and just make Tua look pedestrian and confused at times.

Tua is a good player and certainly better than what we have in Book but he's not the second coming of Christ at the QB spot.

P.s.

Anyone notice Kirk Herbstreit tone change after that pick six on Tua.

It was like he just couldn't believe the Messiah got intercepted and was getting sick in his stomach over it. So pathetic. Almost as bad as Brad Nessler and Gary Danielson.

Hilarious how the ESPN announcers just had a hell of a time with their SEC darling getting a real ass whipping.

Agree. He has been somewhat overrated and a lot has to do with all that talent around him.
Not a great runner, not a great passer.

Teams had started to figure him out. Look for Saban to push hard for DJU in the next class (currently a Clemson lean, after Helton ran him outtatown).
Lawrence showed him, you need to be able to see downfield, and that the ball goes faster in the air than by ground.

Reactions: theskibro and 88ND
He has to improve like most do but he's been a starter for 1 season.

Anyone here who wouldn't take him ? :):)

Reactions: HarlemIrish
"Iv'e been saying it all year"......... you've been saying a lot of garbage all year..... glad to see you found something that stuck (kind of?)..... although I never recall you saying Tua was not good....

Is there a contest to see who can start the most threads...?

He played really poorly against Georgia this year too. The combination of Hurts off the bench and Kirby's classic choke saved Bama in that game.

As far as compared to Book, he's basically the exact opposite of Book. Throws a near perfect deep ball and isn't accurate enough in the short to intermediate game throwing to receivers who aren't wide open. The pick-six was a terribly thrown ball.

Reactions: 88ND and Kelso86
"Iv'e been saying it all year"......... you've been saying a lot of garbage all year..... glad to see you found something that stuck (kind of?)..... although I never recall you saying Tua was not good....

Someone show me where he has been "saying this all year".

"Silly" was all I could muster. No point in debating stupidity.
yeah every talking head espn and everywhere else talks about how good he is yet this message boarder with no football background whatsoever ( have asked him many times and no reply ) calls the heisman runner up a scam. doesn't get much dumber than that.

Reactions: NIN Irish
scam? is that just a poor choice if words? or what is the origin of the ‘scam’?

It seems some have finally figured out he's not as elite as the trendy talking heads (ESPN)drove into your brain that so many of you love to take as gospel.

You want to know what he really does....and Clemson seen right through the bullshit...

I've said this all year....

He looks one way when the ball is snapped then goes the other way automatically. He doesn't do it because his first option is covered...he just automatically does it knowing full well where he's going with the ball regardless.

It's not hard to see what he does and
Clemson preached to the defensive backs do NOT over commit. More times than not he'll look this way, then just turn and wing it over here. What do ya know...Clemson looked like they played against him before in 7 vs.7 camp games.

The plays that hurt Clemson were a deep pass behind the safety, the scrambling to his left and deep throw on an adjusted route..(Bama player pushing off)
and the deep crossing routes which eventually the receivers are going to get open.

Clemson had the COACHING, scheme, athletes and discipline to get some picks and just make Tua look pedestrian and confused at times.

Tua is a good player and certainly better than what we have in Book but he's not the second coming of Christ at the QB spot.

P.s.

Anyone notice Kirk Herbstreit tone change after that pick six on Tua.

It was like he just couldn't believe the Messiah got intercepted and was getting sick in his stomach over it. So pathetic. Almost as bad as Brad Nessler and Gary Danielson.

Hilarious how the ESPN announcers just had a hell of a time with their SEC darling getting a real ass whipping.

Spot on. Against the 2 best defenses he played against - Ga and Clemson - Tua was very average at best.

He is not Elite. He is not a future NFL guy either - maybe as a backup at best.

Tua ran up big passing numbers because he's surround by future NFLers at almost all positions on offense as well w their defense.

Tua video passing numbers w his NFL teammates did it vs crap defenses in 11 of their 15 games.

Bama played a joke of a schedule. Sure glad he didn't win the Heismen

Reactions: 88ND
very. anyone here prefer Book over him ? anyone, anyone ?

We don't have Tua - we have Book - who was pretty dam good in his 9 games.

Tua is slightly better than Book - but not by much.

No reason Book can't pass up Tua - as long as he improves on his deep ball.

Spot on. Against the 2 best defenses he played against - Ga and Clemson - Tua was very average at best.

He is not Elite. He is not a future NFL guy either - maybe as a backup at best.

Tua ran up big passing numbers because he's surround by future NFLers at almost all positions on offense as well w their defense.

Tua video passing numbers w his NFL teammates did it vs crap defenses in 11 of their 15 games.

Bama played a joke of a schedule. Sure glad he didn't win the Heismen
wow, just wow. the rest of the world is wrong i guess. not a future NFLer ? wanna bet ? you guys wouldn't recognize talent if it walked up and bit you in the ass.

And to which most of it correct.....
Oh and the biggest one...you can't help yourself but to click and read ;)

Lastly I know that reading and comprehension for you go together like fire and water but I clearly state Tua is a good player, just not the level YOU, being the trendy follower of the talking heads has been brain washed to.

Last edited:
This is incorrect. Before the Clemson game there were many posters saying Tua was overrated and that they would rather have Book over any of the the other Playoff QB's. Not saying SIhoosier was one, I don't remember him being one, but there were posters saying this.

Reactions: Kelso86
yeah every talking head espn and everywhere else talks about how good he is yet this message boarder with no football background whatsoever ( have asked him many times and no reply ) calls the heisman runner up a scam. doesn't get much dumber than that.
Want to hear something funny, sad and true?
The funny and true...
You will sound off on these credentials of yours whether it's playing somewhere or employment....but all said into a hollow Tupperware cup because nobody asks you. Yet you just chime in with your qualifications and demand to know others as if you feel it validates you more than the other person. Again...all done when nobody asks you WTF you've done or do but you just feel the need to tell the world.

From all your gibberish on this site it seems that you are around middle age. You also claim to be employed by a high school present day in some form higher than janitor or maintenance. In other words a job that has you dealing with people. Athletic director I believe you claim. More on that in a sec...

A couple things at work here...when someone differs from your opinion you immediately call names and act with malice.

You also go into a frenzy of repeatedly messaging and replying to someone when they've partially unmasked your behavior.

Seems odd a high school in the country would employ someone that speaks in such a demeaning fashion. Some may even call your behavior immature.

The sad....and I mean this because you can't help it...
It may seem immature but it's not.

You suffer from what doctors call NPD.
Narcissistic personality disorder.

Are you strong enough to overcome the denial and look into that? If you've never been diagnosed with such I think it will surprise you but rest assured you can still get help.

Good luck:)

This is incorrect. Before the Clemson game there were many posters saying Tua was overrated and that they would rather have Book over any of the the other Playoff QB's. Not saying SIhoosier was one, I don't remember him being one, but there were posters saying this.
I wasn't one of them. I misread his post, I'm sure there were some but Tua was one of the best QBs in the country this year. It was pretty clear that Book was the weak link among the playoff QBs.

I wasn't one of them. I misread his post, I'm sure there were some but Tua was one of the best QBs in the country this year. It was pretty clear that Book was the weak link among the playoff QBs.
Yeah man I didn't think you were and tried to convey in my response that I didn't think you were. If not my bad, not trying to put words in your mouth I just know that there were people on here taking the position Book was better.

Book probably was the least good of the 4 (not saying he isn't good), but when you look at performances against good teams, I think Tua is clearly a big step behind Murray and Lawrence.

Reactions: rgc7
Since when is completing 70 % of your passes an indication that you’re not an elite QB ?

Since when is completing 70 % of your passes an indication that you’re not an elite QB ?

In his two games vs the best defenses they played ( Ga and Clem) he threw 2 picks in both games and was not even closed to Elite.

He ran big passing numbers up vs 9 crap defenses - w 4 of those teams having beyond horrible defenses

If you think passing for 70% w a lot of TD's vs the likes of Mercer, Louisana Lafayette, Arkansa State, Louisville, Tenn, Ole Miss, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma - makes him Elite ? Then u have a low bar for Elite.

And Tua is surrounded by NFL talent at all positions WR, RB, OL, etc to assist him in putting up 70% completion w a boat load of TD's vs those dog shit defenses

That is not Elite I'm sorry. He showed his true colors vs the two best defenses he played against.

He's still young so maybe he can improve when he plays against good defenses next year. But right now he is not Elite. He's good just not Elite.

Reactions: rgc7 and 88ND
Psycho ^^^
Thanks for solidifying my point.

By the way...

Allow me to point something out to you.

You could post that BK is really a good coach and defend him to the end.

Now obviously I disagree with that but it ends right there. I don't feel done personal attack of you disagree with me or not.

You could tell me our offense was well prepared against Clemson and the only reason we mustered 3 points was due to recruiting.

Something again I would disagree with.

What you wouldnt't see is me pissing and moaning and literally upset at such an opinion.

You also won't find me call you one single derogatory name.

I find all this hilarious. Perhaps you don't.

Why? Two reasons...#1 it's your opinion and I'm not immature in response even if I respond at all...

And

#2 I don't give a care what you think and sure the hell don't get all ass hurt over your differing opinion.

;) Have a great day

In his two games vs the best defenses they played ( Ga and Clem) he threw 2 picks in both games and was not even closed to Elite.

He ran big passing numbers up vs 9 crap defenses - w 4 of those teams having beyond horrible defenses

If you think passing for 70% w a lot of TD's vs the likes of Mercer, Louisana Lafayette, Arkansa State, Louisville, Tenn, Ole Miss, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma - makes him Elite ? Then u have a low bar for Elite.

And Tua is surrounded by NFL talent at all positions WR, RB, OL, etc to assist him in putting up 70% completion w a boat load of TD's vs those dog shit defenses

That is not Elite I'm sorry. He showed his true colors vs the two best defenses he played against.

He's still young so maybe he can improve when he plays against good defenses next year. But right now he is not Elite. He's good just not Elite.

IrishBlessings,

I don’t know whether you’re aware of it but defenses often rise to the occasion, just ask Tom Brady and an 18-0 Patriots team how they played against a Giant’s team that went 8-8 in the regular season.

Tua is an accurate passer who completed 70 % of his passes.

The Giants rushed Brady and sacked him often and as a result the Patriots lost the game.

Are you now going to tell us that Brady isn’t an elite QB because a good defense shut him down in a big game ?

Why are some so quick to try to denigrate good to great players from other teams ?

IrishBlessings,

Name the college QB’s who are better than Tua.

IrishBlessings,

I don’t know whether you’re aware of it but defenses often rise to the occasion, just ask Tom Brady and an 18-0 Patriots team how they played against a Giant’s team that went 8-8 in the regular season.

The Giants rushed Brady and sacked him often and as a result the Patriots lost the game.

Are you now going to tell us that Brady isn’t an elite QB because a good defense shut him down in a big game ?

Why are some so quick to try to denigrate good to great players from other teams ?
This is the epitome of ESPN driving home their Messiah.

Your post here holds zero credibility.

Comparing an NFL legend with a collegiate player is about as ying and yang as you can get

IrishBlessings,

This debate is not about Tom Brady.

I'm not denigrating Tua. I said his he is a good QB. I say he is Not Elite.

And the NFL w 32 teams has as much parity as it ever has. So and 8-8 team playing a team w winning record tough is not uncommon.

The NCAA has what 120 or so teams - w great disparity in talent from top to bottom.

And no those 9 defenses that Bama went against did not rise to any occasions - they were all very very bad.

Tua racked up big numbers vs a lot of bad teams and defenses.

As noted - he's good - just not Elite.
Right now he's a good college QB.

And he may get drafted into NFL - because he's from Bama And will continue to put up big numbers w his supporting cast - but at this point based off what I have seen - he will be a bust if he does get into the NFL - doesn't mean he's not a good college qb

And as a side note his completion percentage was 69%.

IrishBlessings,

Name the college QB’s who are better than Tua.

First of all - not a lot of very good QB in college football - right now - a lot of average and a lot of bad and a lot who are ok to good.

Watching the bowl games was painstaking at times w how many bad to very average college QBs their are.

The few elite ones better than Tua

Murray
Haskins
Lawrence
Milton
Maybe King from Houston

And I'm probably missing one or two more I can't think of right now.

Tua falls into the "good " category - below those handful of elite college QB's

IrishBlessings,

The Giants were 10-6 in 2007

Want to hear something funny, sad and true?
The funny and true...
You will sound off on these credentials of yours whether it's playing somewhere or employment....but all said into a hollow Tupperware cup because nobody asks you. Yet you just chime in with your qualifications and demand to know others as if you feel it validates you more than the other person. Again...all done when nobody asks you WTF you've done or do but you just feel the need to tell the world.

From all your gibberish on this site it seems that you are around middle age. You also claim to be employed by a high school present day in some form higher than janitor or maintenance. In other words a job that has you dealing with people. Athletic director I believe you claim. More on that in a sec...

A couple things at work here...when someone differs from your opinion you immediately call names and act with malice.

You also go into a frenzy of repeatedly messaging and replying to someone when they've partially unmasked your behavior.

Seems odd a high school in the country would employ someone that speaks in such a demeaning fashion. Some may even call your behavior immature.

The sad....and I mean this because you can't help it...
It may seem immature but it's not.

You suffer from what doctors call NPD.
Narcissistic personality disorder.

Are you strong enough to overcome the denial and look into that? If you've never been diagnosed with such I think it will surprise you but rest assured you can still get help.

Good luck:)
again not a single solitary bit of info on your football related background. just another windbag who doesn't have the first clue when it comes to the intricacies of the game of football. disagree with my opinions all you'd like but at least mine come from a lifetime of practical experience in the game both on and off the field. you just go out of your way to demean everything you don't like in football sans an educated opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT