ADVERTISEMENT

Someone Who is at the game

IrishFan76

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 28, 2003
curious to hear from someone at the game. It seems like all game all I hear is the VT fans into this game.

Va Tech as well represented ... they had one upper corner that was quite loud. Cold weather probably had the whole crowd a bit more subdued than normal. I've been to many games beginning in 1986 - other than the student section ND stadium in not loud, rowdy or intimidating.

Reactions: end_23
now thatvND has given up football, whatbhappens to the 'subway alumni' ?

we could count on Saturday, we would get up late, get a big bowl of prunes and kick back to watch the game! now what? Ladies soccer? good luck with that! try naming 3 players on the team w/o google!

we could just follow our usual routine but watch replays of old games up to and including 1993!

A
Va Tech as well represented ... they had one upper corner that was quite loud. Cold weather probably had the whole crowd a bit more subdued than normal. I've been to many games beginning in 1986 - other than the student section ND stadium in not loud, rowdy or intimidating.

As long as ND fans are willing to sell off their tickets to the high bidder, I don't want to hear any complaining about the stadium atmosphere. There were tons of V Tech fans at this game today all over the stadium. I'm telling everyone right now, Georgia travels and you will see a sea of red next season at the stadium. This nonsense is happening way too often.

Nonsense??? We suck. Spending 500 bucks for my family to go is getting expensive to watch a 4 win team.

Reactions: end_23
Nonsense??? We suck. Spending 500 bucks for my family to go is getting expensive to watch a 4 win team.
$500? I wish, and I can drive there, unlike people that have to pay for airfare. With gas, food, hotel, tickets, etc, $500 is cheap.

Many fans now are showing what they are made of in their excuse making lack of support for the players. It's easy to be on the side that's winning and run around showing your team's colors. They sell out then bitch about the lack of stadium atmosphere. Don't think for one second the players don't notice. I do not know the answer to this but I would be interested to know if Husker and Tide fans did the same thing during their lean years. There were a lot of Tech fans present today and they were loud. It was a Notre Dame home game and it was Senior Day to boot.

Reactions: Classic Irish
Many fans now are showing what they are made of in their excuse making lack of support for the players. It's easy to be on the side that's winning and run around showing your team's colors. They sell out then bitch about the lack of stadium atmosphere. Don't think for one second the players don't notice. I do not know the answer to this but I would be interested to know if Husker and Tide fans did the same thing during their lean years. There were a lot of Tech fans present today and they were loud. It was a Notre Dame home game and it was Senior Day to boot.
Two years ago, UM was having a hard time getting students and alumni to fill the seats. Grow up Nancy. Nobody wants to waste a whole day on a loser

ND could lose 56-3 next week and Kelly won't be fired. He'll coach here through 2018- guaranteed. They'll be a Motor City Bowl appearance in between.

ND could lose 56-3 next week and Kelly won't be fired. He'll coach here through 2018- guaranteed. They'll be a Motor City Bowl appearance in between.

Agree............looks to me that Kelly is JS' man-crush - would be very surprised if Kelly does not complete the full term of his ND contract (reportedly 5 more years) - regardless what his W-L record looks like.

Agree............looks to me that Kelly is JS' man-crush - would be very surprised if Kelly does not complete the full term of his ND contract (reportedly 5 more years) - regardless what his W-L record looks like.
U think they have sex?

Reactions: Domer7
Two years ago, UM was having a hard time getting students and alumni to fill the seats. Grow up Nancy. Nobody wants to waste a whole day on a loser

I'll have to get a second opinion on the Michigan student/alumni comment. I talked to five, maybe six VT fans yesterday and they were thrilled about being at historic ND. They loved the whole experience. An usher buddy, who also arrives on campus on Friday to cart fans around, told me that overwhelmingly, VT fans absolutely were in awe of our campus and game day experience. They said expect the same first class treatment when ND visits VT. Also, I didn't talk to one, not one, Irish fan at Fan fest in The Joyce or in my section who said or acted in any manner the way that many of you babies act here. I attribute it to maturity and actually tempering words when you are talking in person and not behind a keyboard. Everyone is upset. The team did not look well coached again vs VT. Either BK wins in 2017 or he is most likely out.

Reactions: captstabbin
U think they have sex?

MAN CRUSH
a)
*When a straight man has a "crush" on another man, (usually a public figure) not sexual but kind of idolizing him.
b) *A strong and extremely complicated positive emotion that a straight male feels towards another male. It is by no means homosexual.

*source: urban dictionary

MAN CRUSH
a)
*When a straight man has a "crush" on another man, (usually a public figure) not sexual but kind of idolizing him.
b) *A strong and extremely complicated positive emotion that a straight male feels towards another male. It is by no means homosexual.

*source: urban dictionary

you did not answer the question?

The VT crowd were loud because there were a lot of them thanks to ND "fans". They were loud in support, leaving 70 degree weather to come to visit us at ND. They were loud before, during, and after. They told me that ND fans will be treated with the same kindness and respect in 2018 that they received yesterday. They didn't abandon the Hokies after the embarrassing loss to Georgia Tech and they stayed with the players after being down by 17 twice yesterday. Those fans love their V Tech football, that's for sure.

Reactions: Kelso86
If u really love ND the last 20 years have been brutal. I don't blame the players or even the coaches so much as I have always blamed an administration that handcuffs those players and coaches. BTW I have not been buying ND stuff for about ten years. Still keep my subscription to B&G illustrated and that's it. Still get ND gifts but, don't ask for them.

Reactions: Kelso86
curious to hear from someone at the game. It seems like all game all I hear is the VT fans into this game.

Yes -- the 5,000 or VA Tech fans were MUCH louder than the 75,000 ND fans -- quite disturbing -- but then again, in the 2nd half, ND did not give its fans much to cheer about either.

I was there. They where louder than Duke by far but on par with Miami.

They traveled well, were courteous and were mainly contained to their section.

ND has never been a loud fan base. Been going to games every year since 1993. It's better than the mid 90's where if you stood and cheered people would yell you are blocking their way.

ND is a beautiful place, a great place to play and a campus that rivals all. As for a crowd that knows how to make noise when we are on Defense? That's only really the student section. With only 10k students, it's a very small portion.

I live in ATL. You go to any SEC or ACC it's mainly students and loud blue collar as it's affordable. You go to any ND game, the lower bowl tix are about 600 each with the "donation" it's primarily a crowd of 65 year olds who have had tickets for ever.

Maybe be jumbo Tron will educate its ok to cheer on defense. If they could offer 20k tickets to some local middle class it would be loud. They also could play the Irish heritage more. Some of the soccer type songs to keep everyone going would be cool.

I'm early 50's and am the youngest in my section by 15-20 years.

Don't blame the old people. They are not the problem. Until ND fans quit selling their tickets to opposing fans, stadium atmosphere will remain a non issue. Students left early and many came late yesterday. What good is a Jumbo when opposing fans have a larger following in the stadium than need be? If we are to follow the reasoning on some here, a Jumbo will only be a cool perk if the team is a play-off contender. A Jumbo yesterday would not have helped. And yes, I have put words in their collective comments.

I go to most games. Im not blaming old people. I'm one now. I'm stating a fact. Tickets are expensive and the demographic we place is not one to "jump around".

Even the duke game when it was early and the season still in doubt it was quiet.

If you go to any home game in the day it's like that. Night games that are big attract a different crowd. More rowdy. That stadium minus a few seats above the student section reserved for guests, recruits and parents was packed. Had nothing to do with the students. They alone where the loud ones and always are the energy. I saw no students leave early and never have.

You weren't looking very hard because I sit right in and by the student section and they left early yesterday and they left at halftime during the Miami game. I was at the stadium gate talking with some gate ushers during the Miami halftime and we couldn't believe it. Stadium atmosphere is a non issue until fans learn to support these kids whether its 2012 or 2016. You can't be a fan and supporter when you feel like it. It doesn't matter that you go to most games because I go to all home games. It proves nothing. I've been sitting by the students for 17 years. Sometimes I stand among them. I talk with them every game. I interact with them and I know when they stay and when they vacate. When they arrive early and when they come late. The students are a barometer for the rest of the stadium. What does that tell you about yesterday?

Michigan student section was gone during the last year of hoke. Even the casual wolverine fan didn't show. What did Michigan do about it? They went and got jimmy harbaugh. A fantastic hire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: IrishBlessings
The stadium atmosphere sucks because the team sucks. Seriously, what is there to get excited about. All this talk about fans bailing or leaving early or selling tickets is BS. ND has had sellouts since 1964. The last 20 years have been generally horrible for the program. Of course there are a few years where the team did well. But nothing is consistent. Apathy has finally set in. Fans like myself don't get upset at all when they lose . I watched that entire game yesterday. I knew the lead they had wouldn't last. As soon as VT marched down the field and scored at the the start of the 3rd I knew it was over. You could see the look in the ND players eyes. Teams use to go into ND stadium hoping they could survive. Now they go in expecting to win. It's been that way for years. The only way to change that is to field a football program that has a kick ass attitude. Until that happens, the stadium atmosphere will suck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT