ADVERTISEMENT

Someone Who is at the game

The stadium atmosphere sucks because the team sucks. Seriously, what is there to get excited about. All this talk about fans bailing or leaving early or selling tickets is BS. ND has had sellouts since 1964. The last 20 years have been generally horrible for the program. Of course there are a few years where the team did well. But nothing is consistent. Apathy has finally set in. Fans like myself don't get upset at all when they lose . I watched that entire game yesterday. I knew the lead they had wouldn't last. As soon as VT marched down the field and scored at the the start of the 3rd I knew it was over. You could see the look in the ND players eyes. Teams use to go into ND stadium hoping they could survive. Now they go in expecting to win. It's been that way for years. The only way to change that is to field a football program that has a kick ass attitude. Until that happens, the stadium atmosphere will suck.

Spot on. And stop going to games - as soon as that stadium stops selling out - and the TV ratings continue to drop - the sooner something positive will happen w/ the football program.

Now we are getting down to it. Lose as many games as possible, empty the stadium, don't watch the TV games either. That will show everybody. Of course, none of this takes into consideration the players. You know, the young student-athletes who are actually putting in the blood, sweat, and tears to make this program better, unlike anyone here, all comfortably nestled in front of their keyboard. Which fan do you think the players respect and want on their side? The fans who show in cold blustery weather supporting a 4 win team or fans who sit behind a keyboard calling for a full boycott of gosh knows what.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
Now we are getting down to it. Lose as many games as possible, empty the stadium, don't watch the TV games either. That will show everybody. Of course, none of this takes into consideration the players. You know, the young student-athletes who are actually putting in the blood, sweat, and tears to make this program better, unlike anyone here, all comfortably nestled in front of their keyboard. Which fan do you think the players respect and want on their side? The fans who show in cold blustery weather supporting a 4 win team or fans who sit behind a keyboard calling for a full boycott of gosh knows what.

fire the coach and I am back all in. Until then I dont go to anymore games. it may take 6 more years before i go to another nd game.

for the fans that enjoy still going - good for you guys.

Sounds like you just want to be on the side that's winning and during a rough patch, you are out. Perfect. That, by definition, is the complete opposite of a fan. Shame Shame!

Sounds like you just want to be on the side that's winning and during a rough patch, you are out. Perfect. That, by definition, is the complete opposite of a fan. Shame Shame!

Toby, if we had a well coached team at 4 - 8 that competed well in all their games but was just out manned - I'd be rooting my ass off.

But,we have a head coach that is not a good coach and he is in his 7th year. I am done as a fan because ND needs a new head coach. Until they hire a new head coach I am done going to games.

I am not a fan of Brian Kelly. As long as he is the head coach I do not go to games.

Reactions: perseverare
I've read a couple on here who said a few weeks back that they were done watching ND on TV and judging by their post game comments, their little protest lasted about one day. I suggest you go all the way and boycott attending games, watching the Irish on TV, no highlight shows, no post game shows, no pre-game shows, no wearing ND gear, no studying up on recruits, and no radio coverage. Complete and total blackout until Jack and Jenkins come to their senses. Perhaps you can convince a few others around here to join you if you're all serious about a change. I can recommend a couple of names. If we are going to do this, then do it all the way.

You weren't looking very hard because I sit right in and by the student section and they left early yesterday and they left at halftime during the Miami game. I was at the stadium gate talking with some gate ushers during the Miami halftime and we couldn't believe it. Stadium atmosphere is a non issue until fans learn to support these kids whether its 2012 or 2016. You can't be a fan and supporter when you feel like it. It doesn't matter that you go to most games because I go to all home games. It proves nothing. I've been sitting by the students for 17 years. Sometimes I stand among them. I talk with them every game. I interact with them and I know when they stay and when they vacate. When they arrive early and when they come late. The students are a barometer for the rest of the stadium. What does that tell you about yesterday?

I'd agree I was not looking specifically but I did check my pics and the end of the Miami game I guess a bunch of fans must have rushed over to the student section to pose for my picture from across the way as it was full.

You go to any pro or game in the SE where I live and people stand and yell when the team is on defense. ND now, and since my first game in 1993 against USC where Becton broke it rarely stands and screems until they lose their voices. It's just different. We have no, nor have ever had a 12th man since 1993 since i have been going. I can't comment pre-1993.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT