ADVERTISEMENT

Rewatched the Stanford Game

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
Book's drive to end the second half was amazing. Kid is a good one.

Bilal stepped up in a big way. He is going to be a good one.

Reactions: PHJIndy

Agreed on this point.

That entire drive was a perfect display of everything Book brings to the table (pinpoint accuracy with his signature quick release on those short/medium timing routes .. escaping the pass rush/resetting the play and finding an open man in the endzone .. and that drop in the bucket pass to miles boykin earlier in the drive inbetween the safety and the linebacker ... just beautiful)

it doesn't matter how many 4 & 5 star top 100 players are on the oppositions 2 deep -- that type of skill/performance will play vs any competition ..

Last edited:

I thought this was Bilal's best game at ND. Had a very high energy level. That can be a result of finally being comfortable in his position, so he can think less and play more.

I thought this was Bilal's best game at ND. Had a very high energy level. That can be a result of finally being comfortable in his position, so he can think less and play more.
Light bulb is turning on for him. Athleticism was never his problem. It was his ability to see plays develop and defend accordingly.

Reactions: Kelso86

What impressed me about that game was the fourth quarter. Although we were leading in stats, we only had a one-TD lead. When Yoon missed the long FG try, I thought "Here we go again." But both the defense and offense responded beautifully to close out the game.

Reactions: 88ND
What impressed me about that game was the fourth quarter. Although we were leading in stats, we only had a one-TD lead. When Yoon missed the long FG try, I thought "Here we go again." But both the defense and offense responded beautifully to close out the game.
Agreed. Even after we went up 38-17, I had a feeling that D was going to let up and allow Stanford to easily March down the field and score. Boy, was it nice to see them prove me wrong. It showed me a hunger and killer instinct that I've haven't seen in a long time.

ND played their balls off against Stanford.

They'll need to re-attach them and get after Va Tech.

Hopefully the result is similar.

Go Irish!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT