ADVERTISEMENT

OT College Wrestling

I love life...

But since you seem fascinated with me...

Allow me to ask you a question.
Would you rather see MBB get a drubbing most games and finish in the bottom third of the ACC just to....appease MBB 🙄🙄🙄

Or would you rather see them compete in mid major type conferences where they actually have a decent shot at winning some basketball games again...and making the tournament most years.

Of course we could say things are absolutely amazing with MBB and they're doing great plus it's a blessing they can do so well in the ACC too.

There's always that
You’re so vain! You and Golson5 should get a room.

You’re so vain! You and Golson5 should get a room.
Again...you can't answer a simple question.

When you want to play adult answer the question I asked....

Would you rather see MBB get a drubbing most games and finish in the bottom third of the ACC just to....appease MBB 🙄🙄🙄

Or would you rather see them compete in mid major type conferences where they actually have a decent shot at winning some basketball games again...and making the tournament most years?

It's a simple question

Again...you can't answer a simple question.

When you want to play adult answer the question I asked....

Or would you rather see them compete in mid major type conferences where they actually have a decent shot at winning some basketball games again...and making the tournament most years?

It's a simple question
It’s a stupid question. Why does it have to be an either or?

Nice try but not even close
Similar guys different eras. Cael was an undefeated 4x national champion, but he did lose a match or two as a redshirt freshman, in some open tournaments. Cael was amazing, beating a lot of good wrestlers, including UFC legend Daniel Cormier. Of course Cael went on to win an Olympic title. Now he has like 9 titles as Penn State head coach.

Gable was a different era. 3x NCAA champ and only had 1 college loss, which was in the finals. Gable was the most legendary coach in wrestling history at Iowa after winning an Olympic gold. Unlike Cael, Gable went unscored upon in the Olympics, a feat that still has not been repeated.

They are essentially the same guys, different eras. I’m glad they exist. I’ve met both of them. Humble, intelligent, and great Americans. Gable was on the Joe Rogan podcast. Worth a listen.

Underrated in this debate is John Smith, 2x Olympic champion. Only one in American history I believe. Also a hall of fame coach at Oklahoma State.

Neither Cael or Gable were as talented as the lighter weights of today like Jordan Burroughs. But, the lighter guys have deeper competition due to sheer number of competitors fitting that size. Burroughs is in my opinion the greatest pound for pound American Olympic wrestler in history. For greatest pound for pound college wrestler ever, I’d go with Kyle Dake.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUFFALO LION
HAHAHA

A whole 2 nights in a row! Oh my Goodness. I think that's a little less than they put axe throwing and cornhole on espn!

Bowling gets more air time than wrestling!

We live in the United States buddy. You woke clowns are trying to change that but it's still the US

With all due respect, you must not know many wrestlers. They are tough as nails and are about as UN-“woke” as any human being could be. 😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: IrishBeer
With all due respect, you must not know many wrestlers. They are tough as nails and are about as UN-“woke” as any human being could be. 😂😂😂😂😂
No shit.

I'm talking to Du Lac, not wrestlers

Try to keep up

You weren't around here during covid I guess lol.

I called out all the BS from the very beginning. And got crushed about it. I was right

Never got the shot and never will
Do your part, it’s how we beat this. Your kids, Kiev and Stimulus are counting on you.

Last edited:
You weren't around here during covid I guess lol.

I called out all the BS from the very beginning. And got crushed about it. I was right

Never got the shot and never will
You just love to pay yourself in the back. What a loser you are.

Still obsessed with me I see !!! You just can't help yourself
To his credit, you made the “nobody cares” thread one of the most popular threads of the month. Not to mention it backfired on you when you called it woke and then to rub salt in your wounds, 45 showed up (and literally stayed for the entire thing). Admit you were wrong about wrestling and you will earn an ounce of respect back. It’s a damn great sport full of the best Americans. You just lack understanding.

To his credit, you made the “nobody cares” thread one of the most popular threads of the month. Not to mention it backfired on you when you called it woke and then to rub salt in your wounds, 45 showed up (and literally stayed for the entire thing). Admit you were wrong about wrestling and you will earn an ounce of respect back. It’s a damn great sport full of the best Americans. You just lack understanding.
Wrestling is a great sport. Never said it wasnt.

Never called it woke, called you woke

Just said no one cares about it.

Wrestling is a great sport. Never said it wasnt.

Never called it woke, called you woke

Just said no one cares about it.
Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News

I voted for Trump twice. I am tempted to vote for him again and will if he’s the party nominee, but I will admit, I want Desantis to represent the good guys in 2024. I think it’s time for change and I don’t align with the alt right red necks. I don’t think trump does either, he just pretends to like them. Trump sadly controls the “beer track” wing of the party, which is made up of mostly scoundrels and drunkards from low socioeconomic backgrounds. He’s going to end up the better of three evils when he sadly beats out Desantis and runs against woke dementia Joe and the ignoramus Harris. I certainly trust him more than the current mess given WW3 is lingering.

Last edited:
Similar guys different eras. Cael was an undefeated 4x national champion, but he did lose a match or two as a redshirt freshman, in some open tournaments. Cael was amazing, beating a lot of good wrestlers, including UFC legend Daniel Cormier. Of course Cael went on to win an Olympic title. Now he has like 9 titles as Penn State head coach.

Gable was a different era. 3x NCAA champ and only had 1 college loss, which was in the finals. Gable was the most legendary coach in wrestling history at Iowa after winning an Olympic gold. Unlike Cael, Gable went unscored upon in the Olympics, a feat that still has not been repeated.

They are essentially the same guys, different eras. I’m glad they exist. I’ve met both of them. Humble, intelligent, and great Americans. Gable was on the Joe Rogan podcast. Worth a listen.

Underrated in this debate is John Smith, 2x Olympic champion. Only one in American history I believe. Also a hall of fame coach at Oklahoma State.

Neither Cael or Gable were as talented as the lighter weights of today like Jordan Burroughs. But, the lighter guys have deeper competition due to sheer number of competitors fitting that size. Burroughs is in my opinion the greatest pound for pound American Olympic wrestler in history. For greatest pound for pound college wrestler ever, I’d go with Kyle Dake.
I would still take Gable over Cael as coach; I just laugh at the ignorant who suffer from recency bias

I would still take Gable over Cael as coach; I just laugh at the ignorant who suffer from recency bias
Gable had 15 NCAA championships at Iowa, the most ever. Cael currently has 10 at Penn State. going to be hard to keep Cael from breaking that record. Gable is the GOAT (for now).

Gable had 15 NCAA championships at Iowa, the most ever. Cael currently has 10 at Penn State. going to be hard to keep Cael from breaking that record. Gable is the GOAT (for now).
I think the gap is narrowing between Penn St and the rest. Even Gable had a few dry years; Cael is due. He MIGHT beat Gables overall total if he coaches long enough. We shall see

Michigan beat Iowa last week. They kicked their ass actually. The portal is helping these types of big brand schools with worthy degrees, for the non football/basketball athletes, particularly for grad transfers. One of their guys is a national champ from Stanford that transferred in. Mighty Iowa, while always a blue blood program, isn’t going to be able to compete in a sport of athletes that value education. Grad school offers from schools like Michigan, which are more national in prestige, are a great value for elite wrestlers. If only ND had wrestling, they’d be killing it 😞

Last edited:
Michigan beat Iowa last week. They kicked their ass actually. The portal is helping these types of big brand schools with worthy degrees, for the non football/basketball athletes, particularly for grad transfers. One of their guys is a national champ from Stanford that transferred in. Mighty Iowa, while always a blue blood program, isn’t going to be able to compete in a sport of athletes that value education. Grad school offers from schools like Michigan, which are more national in prestige, are a great value for elite wrestlers. If only ND had wrestling, they’d be killing it 😞
And then Nebraska housed Michigan last night. So so much for the NIL and prestige theory. Iowa is down because three guys who would probably be AAs this year were booted because of the gambling deal.

That said, no one is hanging with PSU this year, and despite losing Starocci, Brooks, and the HWY, they will be loaded again next year.

Reactions: Terry Jillery
NCAA wrestling champ Stephen Neal walked onto the Pats and won a Super Bowl and became an All Pro blocking for Brady without ever touching a football in college. Wrestling made him into that. It also made 3/4 of the past two decades UFC champs. Nothing like it. It’s why I’d like to slap Driskells fat sloppy face when he says he doesn’t like “that kind of wrestling.” What he really means is I’m a fat turd, that’s too stupid to appreciate it and too much of a pussy to ever do it.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Steelers had Carlton Haselrig who did the same and had an all pro career. Of course Brock Lesner tried it also and couldn’t make a roster, but probably made 5 X what he would have made in the NFL between the UFC and WWE.

Trevor Laws was one of my favorite ND DL and was a multi year state champ in wrestling.

Charles J had a heck of a wrestling career also in Illinois.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT