ADVERTISEMENT

Phil to BC

If I remember correctly, I read his high school girlfriend went to Boston University to play field hockey. Do they still have a relationship? Could want to be in Boston area to strengthen relationship if still ongoing.

Certainly, every ND fan wishes Phil good luck.

I’d be curious in knowing the rationale behind his decisions
Basically he had a terrible relationship with Long....for whatever reason Long did not like him. Because of this his relationship with Kelly suffered as Kelly would be the go between but was not always honest and upfront with Phil / Phil does not think he can trust Kelly going forward. Chip Long was quite the piece of work though with his inappropriate relationship etc. with a female student / staff member.

Reactions: d1042
“inappropriate relationship”
an interesting term! where non minors are concerned, and not being held against ones will, and an assumed willing participant in the relationship, then who is it ‘inappropriate’ to? If you were willing at the time, then forever, you should be deemed a willing participant; no changing your mind years later.

Basically he had a terrible relationship with Long....for whatever reason Long did not like him. Because of this his relationship with Kelly suffered as Kelly would be the go between but was not always honest and upfront with Phil / Phil does not think he can trust Kelly going forward. Chip Long was quite the piece of work though with his inappropriate relationship etc. with a female student / staff member.
This makes no sense. If Long is gone then why does Phil leave surely the new OC might have a different outlook

This makes no sense. If Long is gone then why does Phil leave surely the new OC might have a different outlook
Because of no trust in Kelly. Long leaving is a positive but if you already do not trust Kelly because of the way he handled the relationship while Long was the OC then why would you expect things to change?

“inappropriate relationship”
an interesting term! where non minors are concerned, and not being held against ones will, and an assumed willing participant in the relationship, then who is it ‘inappropriate’ to? If you were willing at the time, then forever, you should be deemed a willing participant; no changing your mind years later.
I guess because the person is a trainer at ND and a student and Long is married?

That would certainly check the inappropriate box.

but to who? I agree, certainly from his wife’s position.
but to the parties involved?
everyone else is a moral judgement / opinion.

not to be contentious- just the phrase ‘impropriate behavior’ is becoming inappropriately excessively applied.

and was ‘her’ behavior inappropriate?

Last edited:
but to who? I agree, certainly from his wife’s position.
but to the parties involved?
everyone else is a moral judgement / opinion.

not to be contentious- just the phrase ‘impropriate behavior’ is becoming inappropriately excessively applied.

and was ‘her’ behavior inappropriate?
There is a social convention aspect to this, maybe even moreso than a legal aspect. Maybe Long's marriage sucks, maybe they are effectively separated. Maybe Long just seduced this girl, made her believe things that aren't true. Maybe his marriage was fine, and the girl was a gold digger or jock sniffer combined with a home wrecker. Maybe they just innocently fell in love. Who knows. But that doesn't imply that we throw out the social convention that extra-marital affairs are GENERALLY inappropriate.

Again, how do you know what the new OC is going to do? Nobody is a mind reader. The new OC might decide to start PJ from day one.
Maybe, there was deal made keeping Book from transfering.
NOBODY knows what goes on behind close doors. We thought all a long it was rees who had the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT