ADVERTISEMENT

OT Bill O'Brien to BC

Pennick4

I've posted how many times?
Feb 3, 2013
Reportedly Bill O'Brien close to becoming the BC head coach. I think that is a excellent hire if they want to up their investment in the football program.

Good chance Al Washington will then go to BC as its defensive coordinator. Washington Is a BC alum.
Not sure there is a connection between the 2 coaches....who knows?
OB has been a head coach at Ped State and Houston Texans so expect he has a big network of assistants to draw from.

It hasn't been confirmed yet, but hopefully they'll hire him and not Al Golden, who was listed as a potential candidate on one list I saw.

Wasn’t Brian Hartline the OC last year? Is he still on the Ohio State coaching staff? I thought he was a hot offensive coach?

Wasn’t Brian Hartline the OC last year? Is he still on the Ohio State coaching staff? I thought he was a hot offensive coach?
"Wasn’t Brian Hartline the OC last year? Is he still on the Ohio State coaching staff?"

Yes -- Hartline was the "OC" last fall, but Day still called the plays. And yes, he is still on staff with OSU -- still the WR coach. And still bringing in enormous talent to that room.

It was his first year as an OC and he was clearly not ready for it. Day needed to bring someone in that could basically run an offense and that's where he went with BoB and now Kelly. I'm sure Hartline will still remain Co-OC with a nice paycheck but Kelly will be the true OC and play caller.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT