ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread ... ND vs Cal

I’m assuming we’ll see a thread from Bodi saying they’ll run the table, make the playoffs, win the NC, and then be elevated to the NFL and win the Super Bowl next year sometime this weekend.

Congrats coach on your first win. Now roll up your sleeves and go to work. BYU getting blown out at Oregon FWIW

Reactions: rgc7
Wow....just went you thought it was safe. Not a pretty win but we won.

Hoping that the offense is finding an identity. Run between the tackles. Get short passes to your speedier players (they will break one). Defense stepped up and special teams (punt return still ehhh) looks good.

Wow....just went you thought it was safe. Not a pretty win but we won.

Hoping that the offense is finding an identity. Run between the tackles. Get short passes to your speedier players (they will break one). Defense stepped up and special teams (punt return still ehhh) looks good.
Like the Jaws 2 reference.

Pyne didn’t throw one deep out. Every pass was crossing route or something safe. Which
was smart. Sadly this is not a good team. But at least they won.

Pyne didn’t throw one deep out. Every pass was crossing route or something safe. Which
was smart. Sadly this is not a good team. But at least they won.
I've been waiting for more crossing routes, etc..as long as it's moving the ball!

Well Payne is better than TB but that is not saying a lot.

Still no picks and 2 TDs and an excellent completion percentage is something to build on.

ND did exactly what it needed to do on offense. They were super conservative, I suppose, but I think that's what the situation called for. Get Pyne some confidence, and don't ask him to do too much. Complete the easy stuff, and get some first downs. And also get the win, which we did....

I've been waiting for more crossing routes, etc..as long as it's moving the ball!
I have no problem with crossing routes. The the 10-15 yard outs are always susceptible to a pic 6. Especially if the QB doesn’t have a lot of zip on his passes. I’m guessing that’s why they didn’t have Pyne throw those passes.

Last edited:
Let's talk about the play by play booth....as the game went on and I actually listened to Garrett I think he was pretty spot on with his analysis....I mean he called it like a coach....Jack Collinsworth answers the question 'Can you be good at your job and extremely annoying at the same time?'.....the answer is yes...

I’m encouraged by the offensive and defensive lines. But with Pyne at QB it’s hard to see us winning more than 6 games. He looked better later, and I hope he continues to improve and proves me wrong. But the offense feels extremely limited with him at qb, we can’t throw downfield, he’s not insanely fast, and he’s not even very accurate.

I thought Pyne started to settle into a game manager role very nicely towards the end of the game.

I would have liked to see him get two or three more drives to see if it would have expanded more?

He could be a winning QB against most of the schedule with his 4th quarter play

It's the small things where the lack of talent shows.

That could have been a longer gain on the punt return but couldn't beat a 1:1 situation.

Again, think back to the Rocket, who torched n:1 let alone 1:1.

I'm a casual and can see this.
LOL. We all could see that the Rocket was a once-in-a-lifetime star, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT