ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official ND @ Texas A&M Game Thread

Your really not getting this...Leonard's passing is an issue and it had nothing to do with A&M's D! Yes, they are good and first game in a hostlie environment but, he just isn't a very good passer, period!
This isn’t really ground breaking info though. We just need him to hit 55% and for the love of God not miss wide open receivers in the back of the End Zone. He’ll get better .

Reactions: BGI User 756
Jadarian should get the bulk 60/40, Love is a great change of pace
I've always felt Price is the slightly better back. Tighter cuts, more north-south. Love goes east-west a lot. Schoolyard tendency that he may have developed as a kid when no one could keep up with him.

Still, Love had a great game tonight and showed his own moves on those last two runs, the last one for the clinching TD.

Yet, Price's TD run was a thing of PURE BEAUTY, and for me, the PLAY OF THE GAME.

They both have ALPHA BACK potential, so you want to keep them BOTH happy, lest one of them should bolt.

Looks like I did. But I wanted this game as our home slate has really only Ville and FSU.

Winning here and hopefully away at SC will resonate
Yeah, I agree it is going to go along way and gives us an inside track to the playoffs already. Just thought we looked a little vulnerable but thrilled about the win

Also wasn’t the game scheduled 5 year ago?
TAM is a middle of the road SEC team. 7–6 in 2023. If Swarbick scheduled Georgia or Alabama I get your anxiety.

TAM? I do not.

Who is Notre Dame supposed to open with? Furman? William And Mary?

What Texas A&M did give all of us anxiety. Hardest place to play in college football. It was a risk to schedule, but it makes us a better team
Who is Notre Dame supposed to open with?

The next 3 games are Northern Illinois, Purdon’t, and Miami of Ohio.

You gotta play somebody.

TAM is somebody.

Your really not getting this...Leonard's passing is an issue and it had nothing to do with A&M's D! Yes, they are good and first game in a hostlie environment but, he just isn't a very good passer, period!
Thought he was fantastic.

I've always felt Price is the slightly better back. Tighter cuts, more north-south. Love goes east-west a lot. Schoolyard tendency that he may have developed as a kid when no one could keep up with him.

Still, Love had a great game tonight and showed his own moves on those last two runs, the last one for the clinching TD.

Yet, Price's TD run was a thing of PURE BEAUTY, and for me, the PLAY OF THE GAME.

They both have ALPHA BACK potential, so you want to keep them BOTH happy, lest one of them should bolt.
Well said. I’ve slightly favored Price but consider both guys to be absolute warriors. Leonard too. These guys battle for yards like nobody’s business. You see that tiny crack that Love slipped through? Outstanding.

Who is Notre Dame supposed to open with?

The next 3 games are Northern Illinois, Purdon’t, and Miami of Ohio.

You gotta play somebody.

TAM is somebody.

Too 20 win, SEC on road. Will be a marquee win. We got one to give now. Playoffs in play.

Those of you who can't just come out of a win like that and be satisfied/happy....I really have no idea why you watch.

No....Texas A&M isn't a great team. But that's absolutely a great win and honestly probably very high on the list of ND's best wins for quite a while now.

That was a really good win.

When fans in the CFB space tell you how bad weigman is… remind them of what this defense made Caleb Williams look like last year… a complete bozo.

Weigman is better than that performance tonight.

Yeah, well if you had two seconds to throw, you wouldn’t be a great passer either.
He's never been a very good passer. Will see hope you are right cause winning against better teams won't happen passing for 158 yards w/ no td's and no vertical threat. Did he throw 1 pass over 20 yards?

He's never been a very good passer. Will see hope you are right cause winning against better teams won't happen passing for 158 yards w/ no td's and no vertical threat. Did he throw 1 pass over 20 yards?
Answer? No.

I like Riley Leonard as a QB.

He is not a prolific passer of the football by any stretch.

TAM is a middle of the road SEC team. 7–6 in 2023. If Swarbick scheduled Georgia or Alabama I get your anxiety.

TAM? I do not.

Akron, Western Kentucky, look around

Those of you who can't just come out of a win like that and be satisfied/happy....I really have no idea why you watch.

No....Texas A&M isn't a great team. But that's absolutely a great win and honestly probably very high on the list of ND's best wins for quite a while now.

That was a really good win.
Who is not happy? Yes, it was a good win! Are we not supposed to discuss what we observed needs work moving forward? Otherwise why are we here? What I saw is ND's D is damn good and the O still looks the same especially passing. Running backs are studs!

TAM? I do not.

lol. That wasn’t me complaining about the game being scheduled. Wrong person.

Biggest concern for me was Riley and his composure. That second bad snap told me all I need to know. Dudes ready. We haven’t had a QB in this environment not have a deer in the headlights look in a lonnng time.
Good point

tough hard fought game vs the vaunted year 1 mike elko texas am aggies
Wait…AM did it right, you said! Followed your blueprint. Dumped $500M into their stadium a couple years back. Paid Jimbo 9 figures. Paid highest NIL in the SEC per Saban. Then went and got a defensive guru. Recruited 50+ plus players of 4 star or higher the last 3 years. 108k stadium, biggest in SEC. Scheduled night game opener. Defeated #1 Bama, #5 LSU and top 10 Auburn when they last visited Kyle Field.

3 pt favorite that lost by 10…hmmm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT