ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official ND @ Texas A&M Game Thread

Very disappointing passing game and early running game. Everyone wanted to bounce outside

Is Riley really that inaccurate or tough environment and tough d?

Need to see a lot more out of the wrs

Te play especially te blocking was terrible

Nd oline leonard and love (jd one run) played really good and hard late

Defense was pretty awesome the entire game other than penalties

Reactions: IrishMike409
TAM is a middle of the road SEC team. 7–6 in 2023. If Swarbick scheduled Georgia or Alabama I get your anxiety.

TAM? I do not.

Who is Notre Dame supposed to open with? Furman? William And Mary?
Hmmm. Yet in every post where you defended the SEC, and touted their schedule, you always claimed AM was a tough game ….now they are middle of road?

Not liking Marcus having more top 20 wins than Kelly after just 2.1 seasons?

Reactions: Utah Irish Lad
Very disappointing passing game and early running game. Everyone wanted to bounce outside

All negativity after a 10 point road win with a QB who didn't play in the spring, new OC, inexperienced OL, and didn't have Evans or Faison

Great win, pulled together in the 4th quarter was great to see. First game, lot of mistakes that will easily be corrected. Go Irish!

All negativity after a 10 point road win with a QB who didn't play in the spring, new OC, inexperienced OL, and didn't have Evans or Faison
As usual. You have the jive five that shut all over the team until we win…and then crickets

Guessing Chass has them playing a blame game called 1596 in Indy ….

Reactions: Golson5
I mean, seriously, why would we schedule this team at this stadium for the first game toughest place to play at against the top 20 team. Look at all the other teams ahead of us. They all scheduled easy games to get their rhythm. I’m not making excuses if you’re a championship you win these games, but it’s risking the whole season
It’s difficult to schedule a good SEC/BIG team as an independent. We have to schedule around their conference games schedule.

Looking at the rest of our schedule this year, I say we will take what we can get as we need as many marquee wins as possible for playoffs seeding.

Reactions: BGI User 756

Leonard completed 60% of his passes

The running game average 5.8 yards per carry

Both against a good defensive team.

What are you talking about?

Super happy to improve after a win but it was really really ugly offensively

I’m concerned Riley and the wrs aren’t good enough to give us a legit shot at title

Need to light it up and build confidence next 3 weeks

Reactions: chaseball
Leonard completed 60% of his passes

The running game average 5.8 yards per carry

Both against a good defensive team.

What are you talking about?
60% completion is bad when almost all passes are dink/dunk… you expect over 75% on those
5 yards per pass attempt proves my point

Super happy we won, but we gotta get pass game going

60% completion is bad when almost all passes are dink/dunk… you expect over 75% on those
5 yards per pass attempt proves my point

Super happy we won, but we gotta get pass game going
Did you notice the guys in the maroon jerseys?

Did you notice the pressure, the very significant pressure they put on Leonard

Or were you just listening to the game on radio ?

I hear all of the complaining about the offense and agree that at times it was offensive.

However I wonder if some how we were able to turn Adon’s INT into a touch down and the final score was 27-13 if people would feel differently?

Last edited:
Way way better than Kelly in this category . Also resonates so much with the recruits. He is genuine.

And already has 8 wins against top 25 teams after 2.1 seasons. Kelly didn’t get his 8th until the last game (bowl game against LSU) in his 5th season.
Great stat find there.

Did you notice the guys in the maroon jerseys?

Did you notice the pressure, the very significant pressure they put on Leonard

Or were you just listening to the game on radio ?
Did you see the wide open receivers and rbs and TEs he missed? Of course there was pressure, but denbrock set up mostly easy throws

Way way better than Kelly in this category . Also resonates so much with the recruits. He is genuine.

And already has 8 wins against top 25 teams after 2.1 seasons. Kelly didn’t get his 8th until the last game (bowl game against LSU) in his 5th season.
Kelly had 15 wins agains ranked opponents his last 5 years….. that’s the program freeman inherited

Kelly just had maybe 1 or 2 wins vs top 10 in that run… that was his issue

Kelly had 15 wins agains ranked opponents his last 5 years….. that’s the program freeman inherited

So 15 in 5 and Freeman already has 8 in 2. He's going to pass 15 with a quickness.

Did you see the wide open receivers and rbs and TEs he missed? Of course there was pressure, but denbrock set up mostly easy throws
Missing Evans in the back of the End Zone was bad and missing him so badly was worse.

Actually he had 12 ranked wins, not 15, in his last 5 years, and 5 in the last 3 years of his tenure (which is a better indicator). So admittedly Freeman started with a better program (minus the criminal lack of talent in the QB room and the back end) than Kelly did in 2010, but Freeman’s wins over Clemson and at TAM, plus close losses against OSU, resonates better

Actually he had 12 ranked wins, not 15, in his last 5 years, and 5 in the last 3 years of his tenure (which is a better indicator). So admittedly Freeman started with a better program (minus the criminal lack of talent in the QB room and the back end) than Kelly did in 2010, but Freeman’s wins over Clemson and at TAM, plus close losses against OSU, resonates better
Damn. TY. A fair post.

If you don’t have the time, it doesn’t matter who’s open

anybody convinced this notre dame team can go to the playoff and take 3-4 games vs the likes of Alabama, LSU, Georgia, OSU, Oregon, Texas, etc.?
Yes.

LSU lost.
Oregon beat Idaho by 10 after scoring with 2 mins left.
OSU only had 10 pts against Akron at half, at home. UGA had 6 pts
We see what Texas is made of this week.

By the way, SEC went 1-3 against ranked teams this weekend. Sounds like they will get dropped to AA now

• Haha
Reactions: francade
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT