ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread ... ND vs Cal

Social post.

I'm in my zone. Snacks. Big screen tv. The Fighting Irish. Life is still good.

🙂 🙃 😉

Guys, I'd rather see the ND of my youth. But it is what it is. I'll still enjoy it.

I can't take it out on the kids or coaches. They do their best. Now the Priests and Administration?

Different story for a different time.

Reactions: christophero
Freeman was pissed after the two false starts and demanded Rees "run the ball". Probably should have thrown it to the end zone once we realized they weren't calling timeout but I assume Freeman didn't want a fumbled snap, pick 6 etc.

I just read 8 players from GA last year are in the NFL...but they look strong again this year.

See?

Misdirection.

I believe some time ago someone posted something on the fact that our current ND team has no or very few plays the take advantage of misdirection. It was pointed out that Are and Lou both used misdirection a lot in their offenses. Many on this board seemed to shoot that concept down.

However, with our current skill set, and athleticism, I would think any good coach would try to work more misdirection plays into the offense to spread defenses out and help the offense. Why keep trying to pound square and triangular pegs into round holes when you don't have any round pegs?

Devise your offense (and defense) to fit the personnel you have and recruit better to get players who fit what you really want to do.

I'm not defending the OL. But the offensive is generally bad. Again, poorly coached for sure.

The defense is not bad. Continues to look ok.
Baloney, this is all about lack of execution.

This is on the players NOT the coaches !

This drive is the identity I wish for ND.

Why can't this be consistent?

Estime is 230lbs and the OL seems big and strong?

I'm not a good enough coach to comment decisively here...but this seems to be playing to ND strengths...and speaks again to some combination of coaching and talent producing less than the same of the parts.

Anyways, nice TD. Come on, bring it home...turn it around...for the rest of the season.

Good drive. Oline finally dominated. Targeting call helped, not going to lie, but it was targeting. Hopefully this might be a turning point. Need D to get a turnover and then another drive behind the Oline.

Is that stupid defensive 15 yard penalty on the coaches or the player ?

It is what it is.....gonna be a tough year....really really need to nail recruiting the next few cycles, and hit the transfer portal.

Marcus Freeman has terrible body language IMO, he looks unconfident, and like he’s in constant disbelief of what is occurring on the field.

I have faith the Irish can win this. But this is a must win game as far as this season is concerned.
The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: christophero
It would appear that Cal doesn’t need to worry about any deep balls

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT