ADVERTISEMENT

Come Eat Your Crow Folks

You may be right but you act like a dick about it. Go **** yourself.

Don't be so soft. Some people (they know who they are) have been arguing with us (others on the board) for weeks that ND diesn't need 5 star players. The Clemson guys that embarrassed Notre Dame tonight (Lawrence, Ross, Higgens, Thomas, Hyatt) were thebexzct guys that ND fans on this board mocked us for saying ND needs if they ever want to go into one of these games and not get the shit beat out of them.

If telling it like it is makes me a dick, I'm fine with that. I say it near daily on this board. I don't care what you think of me. When I'm wrong I'm happy to admit I'm wrong and when I'm right I'm happy to call out those that shrivel up and disappear when they're proven wrong.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
ND sucks, theres no way around it. Weak schedule and refusing to join a conference leads to this massive disappointment. You played 1 'good' team at home game 1 (who per your own admission sucks) and snuck into the playoffs and got annihilated. There needs to be a movement to never let the tap dancing leprechauns anywhere near the national championship again. #NeverAgain

Again I’ll educate you.... book doesn’t have confidence in arm to go out wide so he sticks to Boykin always on the short side ... works vs average Ds.... you have to challenge a good D.... book just has no confidence throwing more than 10 yards down field.... you’ll see in the 2020 draft
Aren't you going to blame this on Coach Long... up for Asst. Coach of the Year. Read more and post less.

Freshman Lawrence will be a top pick in the NFL at the most important position.

Freshman WR Ross was the #2 WR prospect in the country and a top 15 recruit

Freshman backup WR Derrion Kendrick was a top 50 overall recruit
Sophomore Higgins was the #2 rated WR in the country

Senior Mitch Hyatt was a top 5 OL prospect in the country

Junior RB Feaster was a top 3 RB beaten out by Etienne, a 4stsr

Backup OG Brockhurst was a 5 star until he got injured senior year and didn’t play

Backup OL Carman

When everyone else is a 4 star or a 3/4 star with experience, you see the difference,

Then there’s defense....

DL Thomas and Henry, freshman and part of the rotation. Terrell, Wilkins, Lawrence, etc. etc.
And then you put 'em on the juice.

Dexter Williams is the fastest guy on the team and Long abandons the run game while the game was still in reach.

Trevor Lawrence was 1-5 passing vs a blitz in the first half. He was 18-21 with no pressure, coaching in this game was absolutely disgraceful.

Plenty where? Compare your posting this year compared to the last few years. You’re better than that.
You're not paying attention but work has been extremely busy.
By your logic though ND will never be able to beat the big boys because they'll have the 5* across the board and ND wont, or after eight season the stable should be stocked don't you think?

Book beat up on nobodies this year. Didn't face a top 40 defense. Faced a top top 5 defense tonight... Huge difference.

Book beat up on nobodies this year. Didn't face a top 40 defense. Faced a top top 5 defense tonight... Huge difference.

Good QBs beat up on crappy defenses.

Book/ND offense was really bad tonight, but one game doesn't define a player/career.

Ian Book still has a lot more great games vs bad ones. And he'll still return in 2019 as one of the best QBs in the country.

He can use some 5 star talent to help at the skill positions .. don't know if ND has any though.

if you don't think star rankings matter then you're just clueless or stupid.... look at the size difference from their players to ours..those 5 star kids are NFL ready players..ours, not so much..

Book/ND offense was really bad tonight, but one game doesn't define a player/career.

Ian Book still has a lot more great games vs bad ones. And he'll still return in 2019 as one of the best QBs in the country.

He can use some 5 star talent to help at the skill positions .. don't know if ND has any though.

That's not true...

He was average to bad against Pittsburgh, Northwestern, USC and tonight. That's half his starts.

If you're being objective, tonight was not shocking. He can't hit receivers in stride downfield.

That's not true...

He was average to bad against Pittsburgh, Northwestern, USC and tonight. That's half his starts.

If you're being objective, tonight was not shocking. He can't hit receivers in stride downfield.

I will concede that the hitting players downfield in stride is looking more and more like a glaring issue/weakness. But he ripped every single one of those defenses you just listed (averaged over 300 yards and 2 tds in those games with a completion percentage well over 60%)

Ian Book is a good player, i'm looking forward to his 2019 season. But yes, he's not the superstar/elite individual transcending player that i thought back in October he might be. Looking forward to some off season growth in 2019 and ND developing some players at skill position that can help carry the load next season.

I will concede that the hitting players downfield in stride is looking more and more like a glaring issue/weakness. But he ripped every single one of those defenses you just listed (averaged over 300 yards and 2 tds in those games with a completion percentage well over 60%)

Ian Book is a good player, i'm looking forward to his 2019 season. But yes, he's not the superstar/elite individual transcending player that i thought back in October he might be. Looking forward to some off season growth in 2019 and ND developing some players at skill position that can help carry the load next season.

Points matter. 19 vs Pittsburgh and 24 for USC told the story of what could easily happen tonight against athletes.

Wow I agree... long and kelly were clueless tonight

How dare you blame Coach of the Year Brian Kelly for tonight's debacle. I mean, the administration won't allow him to recruit 5 star talent, the assistants come up with the game plans and call the plays - has to be their fault for the shitty game planning and play calling. The players didn't execute so it's their fault. You know Kelly isn't in charge of motivating this team because whenever they get within a whiff of the national championship, they collapse like a house of cards. That's got to be someone else's job. I mean other than a season opening win against what turned out to be a crappy Michigan team, anyone could have guided this bunch into the playoffs with the remaining schedule they had this year. Even know it all board coaches Echo (I've got Nick Saban on speed dial) and Ol' Ball Coach Irish Florida could have put this team into the playoffs. I'm tired of all of the Kelly excuse makers. Guy can't win the natty and needs all the breaks he can get just to get the team into the playoffs. But hey, extend him another 10 years and keep putting those Coach of the Year trophies on his desk. It will keep the Kelly supporters warm this winter knowing ND has the Coach of the Year.

Wow I agree... long and kelly were clueless tonight
It was about a few key plays- Claypool dropping a 3rd down pass, Book fumbling on 1st and 10 on the Clemson 50, several 3rd and 2s ND didn't pick up. There wasn't a talent differential but rather a executional difference. ND had several opportunities to set the tone early and failed.

Reactions: irishalice

Too bad your Canuck Mike Floyd clone can't catch a ball

The vast majority here know and acknowledge that your chances for success go up in proportion to the number of 5* players on the team. The macro view as IIO called it in an earlier post. The star gazing argument usually follows a negative post following ND getting a commitment from a 3*, with defenders arguing the individual’s skills and attributes, and offer lists, the micro view as IIO termed it.

The fact is Clemson has more talent than ND, and clearly more difference makers. We’re two or three annual elite recruits away. The 2020 class will tell us if we can get there with this staff and with our policies.

The vast majority here know and acknowledge that your chances for success go up in proportion to the number of 5* players on the team. The macro view as IIO called it in an earlier post. The star gazing argument usually follows a negative post following ND getting a commitment from a 3*, with defenders arguing the individual’s skills and attributes, and offer lists, the micro view as IIO termed it.

The fact is Clemson has more talent than ND, and clearly more difference makers. We’re two or three annual elite recruits away. The 2020 class will tell us if we can get there with this staff and with our policies.

It's more than 2-3 players. ND is multiple tiers away from equalizing the talent advantage. I've posted enough/written enough on this subject to write a book.

And if the last 10 years of Brian Kelly's program isn't a telling sign of what to expect going forward then i don't know what is. It's rare (as in it doesn't exist) for a coach to suddenly start pulling in top 3-5 classes on the recruiting trail after a near decade of recruiting in the 10-15th range.

It was about a few key plays- Claypool dropping a 3rd down pass, Book fumbling on 1st and 10 on the Clemson 50, several 3rd and 2s ND didn't pick up. There wasn't a talent differential but rather a executional difference. ND had several opportunities to set the tone early and failed.

You’re right about the execution, but how can watch that game and see Clemson’s backup 5 star DEs destroy our offensive line, see Lawrence throw 60 mph ropes, their 5 star WRs get separation and make plays while we couldn’t get people consistently open and say there “wasn’t a talent differential”?

Why didn't ND win it all in 2015 when they had Jaylon, Mcglinchey, Fuller, Procise, Kizer, Quenton, EQ, Ronnie Stanley, Sheldon, Okwara, Tillery, Rochell, Redfield, Keivarie, Greg Bryant, Tori Hunter, Josh Adams? 5 stars weren't the difference tonight, it was execution.

The 5 stars that don't matter to the clueless folks on this board can come and eat their crow whenever they want... There is a buffet. Y'all are welcome to get refills....

Trevor Lawrence, their 5 star true freshman quarterback making big time throws that Ian Book can't.

Justyn Ross, their 5 star true freshman wide receiver is running past NDs defensive backs like ND does when theey're playing Navy.

Tee Higgens, their 5 star sophomore WR making a huge concentration catch that a future 1st round pro makes, to end the half.

Those 3 players have literally been the difference in the game. Two freshman and a sophomore.

Cheering my ass off for my Irish, but you cats that don't think recruiting matters are catching a lesson in NFL'ers playing against college players. I'll be happy to see ND keep battling and make some plays in the second half and prove that this is different than 2012 and that they can player better than what we just saw!

Regardless of what happens in the 2nd half I'm proud as hell of this team for what they've accomplished this year, but until something changes about recruiting, you'll keep seeing our kids punked by better players... It's 3-4 players that make the difference.

Show up and battle in the 2nd half ND. Let's go.

God I wish you

You’re right about the execution, but how can watch that game and see Clemson’s backup 5 star DEs destroy our offensive line, see Lawrence throw 60 mph ropes, their 5 star WRs get separation and make plays while we couldn’t get people consistently open and say there “wasn’t a talent differential”?
I didn't feel ND was over matched

It's more than 2-3 players. ND is multiple tiers away from equalizing the talent advantage. I've posted enough/written enough on this subject to write a book.

And if the last 10 years of Brian Kelly's program isn't a telling sign of what to expect going forward then i don't know what is. It's rare (as in it doesn't exist) for a coach to suddenly start pulling in top 3-5 classes on the recruiting trail after a near decade of recruiting in the 10-15th range.
I said two or three players each year.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Why didn't ND win it all in 2015 when they had Jaylon, Mcglinchey, Fuller, Procise, Kizer, Quenton, EQ, Ronnie Stanley, Sheldon, Okwara, Tillery, Rochell, Redfield, Keivarie, Greg Bryant, Tori Hunter, Josh Adams? 5 stars weren't the difference tonight, it was execution.

2 composite 5 stars in that entire group... The national champion this year will start a minimum of 8 if it's Clemson and 15+ if its Alabama.... Not comparable.

Reactions: notredamerises23
I didn't feel ND was over matched
Now PU
players get defeated, it happens when you're down 30. That QB is a generational QB. I didn't see their WRs getting seperation, some soft spots in zones and contested grabs over Vaughn

Well, they were, and they FELT it, too, and you could see it in their body language, Their opponents were better and more talented athletes who were also coached well. We would need a perfect game AND mistakes on their part o beat them.
Disagree, It's all about early momentum and execution. ND missed on every single opportunity to make a play early and set the tone. I just can't buy the recruiting/star narrative tonight. ND will put just as many guys in the league as Clenson

Now PU

players get defeated, it happens when you're down 30. That QB is a generational QB. I didn't see their WRs getting seperation, some soft spots in zones and contested grabs over Vaughn

True about the QB.

Those 5 star WRs were making those plays in HS. They’re used to making those plays. Yes, you can't rely on those plays as an offense, BUT that’s the advantage you get when you have those players—they’ll make plays.

As for soft coverages, yes, but I’m assuming they were afraid of man coverage, those WRs’ speed, and Lawrence’s arm.

Last edited:
Reactions: trebormil

Then why did Syracuse, a team ND destroyed, have Clemson on the ropes and ND didn't even give themselves a puncher's chance in this game. The talent argument only goes so far. ND's talent should have kept them in this game against Clemson. Maybe the Irish don't win, but for the love of God, compete. COMPETE. Is that too much to ask? I guess it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT