ADVERTISEMENT

Come Eat Your Crow Folks

12-1. Awesome season. Had a blast watching every week. Can't wait for next fall!

It was a great season !

Only one team will be the National Champion and that doesn’t detract from Notre Dame’s 2018 season

It was a great season !

Only one team will be the National Champion and that doesn’t detract from Notre Dame’s 2018 season

It was a great season that ended horribly. At some point, Notre Dame has to show up and compete in these games and not get their doors blown off to the satisfaction of many in the national media (see ESPN, Deadspin, etc.). They had a month to prepare. I did not expect ND to win this game, but I thought they would give Clemson a game. Score some touchdowns. Make the Tigers work for it. Instead another Kelly coached team crapped the bed under the national spotlight when it mattered. I get that talent wins and Clemson has more of it. However, I also expect a coach to get his team ready to play, to come up with a game plan that scores points, to make adjustments after seeing what Clemson was doing to them on defense. Is that too much to ask from the "Coach of the Year." I guess it is.

IIO posting the truth, like he always does. Notre Dame is simply a class below the very top teams, it was proven again tonight just like it has been in every major bowl game the last 20 years. That is NOT a small sample size.

Notre Dame needs to either recruit better athletes, or lower the academics so that they can recruit better athletes. Simple as that. If they don't want to do that then they just need to join a conference so we actually have a chance to win something. They are not going to win a national title this way and at this point it's pretty obvious.

The coaching tonight was terrible as well and all of my worries about the play calling showed themselves Ten fold. Chip Kelly should have been sent home at halftime, absolutely ridiculous. That being said it's pretty obvious Brian Kelly is fighting an uphill battle trying to get the athletes to compete with the top few teams in the country. Because right now we aren't even close.

So all the guys playing in the NFL aren’t quality athletes ?

I’ll replay the game tomorrow but I don’t recall many screens or draws to mute Clemson’s pass rush.

No one is denying that Clemson isn’t the # 1 or # 2 team in the country, but not scoring a TD is disappointing to embarrassing.

I have to question the degre of preparation, the game plan and the ability to adjust.

Reactions: chitown sot
Have you followed this thread? IIO has stated there was a talent gap between Clemson and Notre Dame and made a great case for it. Coach Kelly gave that quote after the game. I posted the quote on this thread - a thread about the talent gap. Of course he's not going to say that in front of his players - he doesn't have to - they know it after that beat down. The point was to throw some humorous shade on IIO's post. Read that quote again. Who does he point the finger at - himself - I know it's hard for a Kelly guy like you to accept that fact. But he did impliedly blame himself and his staff for the loss.

Kelly has to blame it on his own tactics... He can't blame it on his kids 10 years into his regime. That's how you lose them. He did that once when he talked about "his guys". He needs them to keep working to get better. He has to believe in them. He recruited them.

That said, I disagree with Brian... The reason those plays were made is because they were made by a QB who would be the 1st pick in the NFL Draft if he could come out this year and he's the passes were caught by two future top 15 NFL Draft pick WRs... Couple that with a double bad decisions and throws by Book, a couple.drops by ND's lesser talented players, and you get 30-3... I think on most nights ND can make that a 37-17 type of game if they executed a little better, but that's the gap. Brian is full of shit if he doesn't think there is a talent difference. That's not my opinion. The NFL Draft will bear that out over the next 3 years, when Clemson has 8-10 1st round picks from the guys that played tonight and a number of guys that go in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round as well.

The thing lost in all of this is that everyone of Clemson's skilled position players except Renfrow was a Freshman or a sophomore. ND not only got worked, but their 20-22 year olds got worked by 18-19 year olds. If that doesn't scream "talent difference" I don't know what does.

The score was 3-3 in the 2nd Q when Love left the game.
Then Clemson went straight after Love’s backup on 3 straight TD drives in under 10 minutes.
Love returns the 2nd half & Clemson (who is still trying to score) fails to on their first 3-4 possessions.
In 30+ minutes with Love, Clemson scores 3 points. In under 10 minutes without Love they score 3 straight TDs.

And all 3 scores were directly due to Love not being on the field.

The score is probably 6-3 at half if Love plays the 2nd Q. Clemson still wins, but probably 16-6 or something in that range.

Then Clemson went straight after Love’s backup on 3 straight TD drives in under 10 minutes.
Love returns the 2nd half & Clemson (who is still trying to score) fails to on their first 3-4 possessions.
In 30+ minutes with Love, Clemson scores 3 points. In under 10 minutes without Love they score 3 straight TDs.

The score is probably 6-3 at half if Love plays the 2nd Q. Clemson still wins, but probably 16-6 or something in that range.

Wow. Certifiable! “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”

IIO it's the same clowns that thought Book was as good as Lawrence they are not even on the same planet.

No shit Sherlock. Totally different QBs. Book is very talented and does many good things. Give him some credit. Like he’s got the supporting cast around him equivalent to Lawrence and Clemson. Come on.

The thing lost in all of this is that everyone of Clemson's skilled position players except Renfrow was a Freshman or a sophomore. ND not only got worked, but their 20-22 year olds got worked by 18-19 year olds. If that doesn't scream "talent difference" I don't know what does.

It is what it is man, quit Fkn harping on it so much. If you think ND is gonna close the gap with the Bama’s or Clemons’s of the world and get these 5 stars... news flash, they are not. That will never happen.

I remember in 1986 ND accepted some players that would not normally qualify and would NEVER qualify today Some of those names were Tony Rice, Chris Zorich, Michael Stonebreaker, just to name a few. Just saying we made more acceptions then we don't now. Without those said players we would not have won that championship and doubt we will again without making some acceptions now. Just three or four elite players can take us from a teir 2 program to a tier 1.

Are you from Canada?

Way to make it about Canada …. I could say sooo many complimentary things about our great neighbors from the north ….. Canada's sons and duaghters have stood next to ours in times of need countless times .... your douchiness and total utter ignorance always comes out ...

LOVE CANADA!

Reactions: Mihalko35
The thing is, Loves backup was more highly recruited and ranked

What's your point? Julian Love has developed into one of the best cover corners in college football, ND needs to have more options at the position, so there's less drop off in the event a player of his caliber goes down in the future. That falls both on recruiting/identifying better players there and having them ready to go.

I disagree with this.

Once Clemson went up by 3-4 scores in the third quarter, and ND couldn't move the ball on their defense, the game went straight into garbage time. Clemson called off the dogs the same way Alabama did in 2012, and OSU did in 2015. Clemson had its 2nd and 3rd teams out there for the majority of the 4th quarter.

Even more telling/worse is that ND had their will broken. Even they realized they shouldn't be on the field with Clemson at some point in that third quarter. NDs 1st teamers couldn't even win drives against Clemson's 2nd and 3rd teamers.

This was just a vintage a.s.s. kicking that ND fans have come to expect against the best competition in college football going back 20+ years now.

Last edited:
12-1. Awesome season.
Yet the program is once again embarrassed in a major bowl game (0-6 since 1998 all of them blowouts) and they didn't win a damn thing. Winning national titles is expected at Notre Dame and right now we aren't even close against the top teams. It's like the expectations have totally left this program with a lot of the fans, I don't get it.

Reactions: Buguit
I don't mind being called out. I'm an optimist and I get emotional when I watch a football game, especially ND. Unfortunately we lost our best DB in the second quarter and paid the price for it. I'm proud that the lads fought to the bitter end. GO IRISH!

Reactions: Pennick4
6’4 and 350 lbs was missing for CU, but NDA can only see that a 190 lb DB was off the field.
Very objective as is his usual approach.

One flew over the Cuckoo Nest.

Recruiting isn't the issue. The biggest problem is ND student athletes are competing against semi-pro players when they play the likes of Clemson, 'Bama, etc. While ND players spend the majority of their time in class, Clemson players are focusing on football.

ND needs to find a way to lighten the load academically for our players or we will never compete.

Reactions: d1042
Oh look? AS I PREDICTED

The "see I told you so" "star gazers" were ready to surface. Your arms tired from waving your Clemson pom poms d-bags?

Clemson has more 5 stars duh?
Clemson has better players duh?
Clemson players likely do NOT attend any meaningful classes & major in football duh?
Clemson should win that game? duh?

That shit aint changing because ND requires its athletes to be students. And Clemson, Alabama, OU likely require nothing but Football 101.

So your choices are:
Give up and quit.

Be a know it all puss on a message board and whine like a little girl.

Or go back to work and look for some kind of schematic edge from somewhere that can help you overcome the talent gap.

The rest is just a BS conversation, started by a low rent d-bag who suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

We know one thing for sure. Mr. Molson watched yesterday's game with his hands in his pants, after 12 games of looking like an idiot.

Last edited:
ND fan logic:

Don't recruit good enough talent ?

"Our kids actually go to class"

Don't win clutch playoff games?

Get curb stomped before the start of the 3rd quarter?

It's no wonder why people hate the ND community. You guys act like self righteous little girls.

It's like a group of nerds hitting the court to play a pick up basketball game and then after getting their a.s.s. kicked whining/saying "hey we lost because we are geeks!"

it's fvcking annoying.

don't fvcking play then.

football isn't about what your GPA is, it's about being bigger, stronger, faster, better then the guy that lines up across from you. end of story. you don't get to participate and hold the "our kids go to class" excuse in your back pocket every time you get your a.s.s kicked. you lost period. you are not good enough end of story.

Last edited:
ND fan logic:

Don't recruit good enough talent ?

Don't win clutch playoff games?

Get curb stomped before the start of the 3rd quarter?

It's no wonder why people hate the ND community. You guys act like self righteous little girls.

It's like a group of nerds hitting the court to play a pick up basketball game and then saying "hey we lost because we are geeks" after getting their asses kicked on the court.

it's fvcking annoying.

don't fvcking play then.

football isn't about what your GPA is, it's about being bigger, stronger, faster, better then the guy that lines up across from you. end of story. you don't get to participate and hold the "our kids go to class" excuse in your back pocket every time you get your a.s.s kicked. you lost period. you are not good enough end of story.
I think you're on to something here.

Let's just let anyone in, even if their GPA is 1.0. Why make them go to class? Let them spend all of their time in the weight room and watching film.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Oh look? AS I PREDICTED

The "see I told you so" "star gazers" were ready to surface. Your arms tired from waving your Clemson pom poms d-bags?

Clemson players likely do NOT attend any meaningful classes & major in football duh?

That shit aint changing because ND requires its athletes to be students. And Clemson, Alabama, OU likely require nothing but Football 101.

So your choices are:
Give up and quit.

Or go back to work and look for some kind of schematic edge from somewhere that can help you overcome the talent gap.

The rest is just a BS conversation, started by a low rent d-bag who suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

We know one thing for sure. Mr. Molson watched yesterday's game with his hands in his pants, after 12 games of looking like an idiot.

You're such a clown. I've already posted two threads about how excited I am regarding next year and how I'd like to see the staff continue to close the recruiting gap.

You idiots that spent weeks perpetuating the myth that recruiting doesn't matter and that ND's guys could out develop Clemson's 18-19, 5 stars kids got what you had coming to you. Now you want to make it personal because that's what people do when they're wrong and can't admit it, or live with it.

Find me one post, any post, where I said ND should "give up and quit". I've never said anything like that. Even to start this thread I talked about the ND kids continuing to battle and not roll over.

Reactions: SIhoosier26

So the pass that Vaughn defended perfectly in the endzone and Higgins just made a stupid catch when off the deflection is an automatic stop if Julian Love was in the game?

How about the pass to Ross to end the half when he ran right pass Gilman? If Julian Love is on the field he can cover his guy and and Gilman's?

Come on Farly, you're one of the good ones! Don't fall into the trap and go full potato.

Julian Love probably stops 7-10 points and Clemson doesn't pull their starters in the 3rd quarter.

Reactions: notredamerises23
So the pass that Vaughn defended perfectly in the endzone and Higgins just made a stupid catch when off the deflection is an automatic stop if Julian Love was in the game?

How about the pass to Ross to end the half when he ran right pass Gilman? If Julian Love is on the field he can cover his guy and and Gilman's?

Come on Farly, you're one of the good ones! Don't fall into the trap and go full potato.

Julian Love probably stops 7-10 points and Clemson doesn't pull their starters in the 3rd quarter.

Oh, he is full potato, a fifty lb. bag!

did he note Dex L. did not play?

Clemson has many more top 100 players that aren't producing like superstars.

You recruit 5-10 high 4 star / 5 star players PER CLASS, and maybe 30% of them turn into superstars. ND is currently recruiting ZERO high 4 star/5 star players. It's way more than 2-3 players per class to neutralize this talent difference.

Clemson is an example of a team over-performing their talent. They are far more talented than ND but nowhere near as talented/loaded as Alabama, OSU, and Georgia are.
You had me until you threw in OSU. Clemson has destroyed OSU multiple times in recent years. You got that one wrong friend.

You had me until you threw in OSU. Clemson has destroyed OSU multiple times in recent years. You got that one wrong friend.

I was talking about talent rankings. OSU has graduated more NFL talent than anybody else not named Alabama over the last decade. And have dominated in recruiting since the moment urban meyer stepped foot on campus.

OSU/urban meyer has been a better program in a better conference than Clemson/dabo swinney over the course of their entire respective tenures. 1 recent playoff game doesn't change that fact.

Last edited:
Recruiting isn't the issue. The biggest problem is ND student athletes are competing against semi-pro players when they play the likes of Clemson, 'Bama, etc. While ND players spend the majority of their time in class, Clemson players are focusing on football.

ND needs to find a way to lighten the load academically for our players or we will never compete.
Notre Dame players don’t work out and practice? No wonder they lost badly.

I was talking about talent rankings. OSU has graduated more NFL talent than anybody else not named Alabama over the last decade. And have dominated recruiting rankings since the moment urban meyer stepped foot on campus.

OSU/urban meyer has been a better program than Clemson/dabo swinney over the course of their entire respective tenures. 1 recent playoff game doesn't change that fact.
I think they have played twice. Both wins by clemson. I agree with about Alabama, but not OSU.

Enlighten me on how a coach convinces 5 stars of today? By telling them classroom grades aren't important,bagmen,promising starting jobs as freshmen if their bodies aren't ready,etc.? I understand the talent gap between ND and the Bamas of CFB. ND has tried to lasso 5 stars but are spurned. Is it our coaches? Is it the rigors of classroom and football? We have had 5 stars before. What is the lack of getting them today? Do we need major overhaul of coaches? Less high academic pressure? Basketweaving courses? Please,give us your wisdom on this. I have always admired your posts in years past. I understand frustrations of not reaching the mountaintop. I have followed ND as a child. I'm 63. Seen great and terrible both.What will it take to reach the prominence they once held?

Enlighten me on how a coach convinces 5 stars of today? By telling them classroom grades aren't important,bagmen,promising starting jobs as freshmen if their bodies aren't ready,etc.? I understand the talent gap between ND and the Bamas of CFB. ND has tried to lasso 5 stars but are spurned. Is it our coaches? Is it the rigors of classroom and football? We have had 5 stars before. What is the lack of getting them today? Do we need major overhaul of coaches? Less high academic pressure? Basketweaving courses? Please,give us your wisdom on this. I have always admired your posts in years past. I understand frustrations of not reaching the mountaintop. I have followed ND as a child. I'm 63. Seen great and terrible both.What will it take to reach the prominence they once held?

Duh? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I repeat: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Oh look? AS I PREDICTED

So your choices are:
Give up and quit.

Lmao
But BK is the 4th best coach in the country right?
There is a lot of truth in your post but then you rant
You have no idea how moronic you come off as do you?

People come at Ontario since signing day 2 weeks ago saying he didnt kbow what he was talking about. So many posts about "I used to like you but now all you do is lost the sky is blue and it is definitely green...". All these posts about Clemson being overrated and there not being a talent gap. Yall are surprised he isnt going to two finger salute yall? Lot of mayo boys in the house.

Has there ever been a more empty 12-1 season?

UM was the only marquee win you guys had and it’s not a marquee win anymore

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT