ADVERTISEMENT

Come Eat Your Crow Folks

IrishInOntario

I've posted how many times?
Feb 21, 2009
The 5 stars that don't matter to the clueless folks on this board can come and eat their crow whenever they want... There is a buffet. Y'all are welcome to get refills....

Trevor Lawrence, their 5 star true freshman quarterback making big time throws that Ian Book can't.

Justyn Ross, their 5 star true freshman wide receiver is running past NDs defensive backs like ND does when theey're playing Navy.

Tee Higgens, their 5 star sophomore WR making a huge concentration catch that a future 1st round pro makes, to end the half.

Those 3 players have literally been the difference in the game. Two freshman and a sophomore.

Cheering my ass off for my Irish, but you cats that don't think recruiting matters are catching a lesson in NFL'ers playing against college players. I'll be happy to see ND keep battling and make some plays in the second half and prove that this is different than 2012 and that they can player better than what we just saw!

Regardless of what happens in the 2nd half I'm proud as hell of this team for what they've accomplished this year, but until something changes about recruiting, you'll keep seeing our kids punked by better players... It's 3-4 players that make the difference.

Show up and battle in the 2nd half ND. Let's go.

“WeRe DoWn 23-3 BeCaUsE We DoNt HaVe 5 StArS.”

no. The team has legitamate talent. Tail between the legs playcalling, and the loss of our best defensive player have more to do with the number of stars our players have. Max redfield was a 5 star. He was average

no. The team has legitamate talent. Tail between the legs playcalling, and the loss of our best defensive player have more to do with the number of stars our players have. Max redfield was a 5 star. He was average

Lol. Let me guess it’s Kelly’s fault again????

The 5 stars that don't matter to the clueless folks on this board can come and eat their crow whenever they want... There is a buffet. Y'all are welcome to get refills....

Trevor Lawrence, their 5 star true freshman quarterback making big time throws that Ian Book can't.

Justyn Ross, their 5 star true freshman wide receiver is running past NDs defensive backs like ND does when theey're playing Navy.

Tee Higgens, their 5 star sophomore WR making a huge concentration catch that a future 1st round pro makes, to end the half.

Those 3 players have literally been the difference in the game. Two freshman and a sophomore.

Cheering my ass off for my Irish, but you cats that don't think recruiting matters are catching a lesson in NFL'ers playing against college players. I'll be happy to see ND keep battling and make some plays in the second half and prove that this is different than 2012 and that they can player better than what we just saw!

Regardless of what happens in the 2nd half I'm proud as hell of this team for what they've accomplished this year, but until something changes about recruiting, you'll keep seeing our kids punked by better players... It's 3-4 players that make the difference.

Thank you. "I trust the Coach" bullshit has worn thin.

You watching the game? The talent gap is galaxies away!

No... We're down because their 5 star, freshman QB looks like Tom Brady out there in the 1st half and their 5 star wide receivers are making great catches and a using ND's coverage... Because that's what the Michael Floyd's of the world do.

I dont think you understand the game sir.

No... We're down because their 5 star, freshman QB looks like Tom Brady out there in the 1st half and their 5 star wide receivers are making great catches and a using ND's coverage... Because that's what the Michael Floyd's of the world do.
You say Brady, I say Peyton Manning. LOL

This kid man

What a weak ass cowardly post. You appear giddy at how the game is playing out. You may know your stuff to some extent but you come across as a bitter,cranky old prick.

Reactions: Straight-like-that
What a weak ass cowardly post. You appear giddy at how the game is playing out. You may know your stuff to some extent but you come across as a bitter,cranky old prick.

I'll be here, win or lose, to debate. There is nothing cowardly about that.

I'm in my 30's, I'm not bitter, or cranky. I'm enjoying the football game. I just spent years recruiting and understand the difference raw talent makes. I'm enjoying watching ND battle, but the results so far have been predictable.

I don't watch with much emotion. I just enjoy the game.

ND has closed the talent gap. They're still 3-5 big time players short. I love the progress they've made though! I'm thoroughly enjoying watching this defense battle its ass off.

I'm in my 30's, I'm not bitter, or cranky. I'm enjoying the football game. I just spent years recruiting and understand the difference raw talent makes. I'm enjoying watching ND battle, but the results so far have been predictable.

I don't watch with much emotion. I just enjoy the game.
You've proven to be thin skinned and classless.

Recruiting builds depth. So we lost love and our backup blows.

You've proven to be thin skinned and classless.

Class is how you represent yourself in person, not how you debate homers on a message board... You're a fool if you think I treat ND football like it's real life. It's a game man... It's fun.

Reactions: Buguit
IIO is absolutely right. Unless the posters opposing his viewpoint think Kelly is to blame. Which one is it Echo and Pennick?

Coaching has been less than ideal. We haven’t gotten any breaks. 0 bounces. Have they even had one player go down with an injury. Not that I want them too. But our guys have gone down. Seems like theirs haven’t

Wrong. Dead wrong. The team played competitively until their talent starting making plays, beating blocks, getting separation as WRs, Lawrence throwing 60 mph bullets. We outplayed them in the first quarter. After that? Who has been open? They’re faster, bigger, more talented athletes. We can’t block them at all. There’s someone in the backfield on every play.

Clemson was a 12.5 point favorite—we were basically given a 17% to 18% chance to win meaning if we played perfectly and they made mistake. Why do you think was the case? It was becuse they are more talented than we are.

Reactions: SIhoosier26

Love coming back ruined your entire argument. Game should be 3-3 right now.

Wrong. Dead wrong. The team played competitively until their talent starting making plays, beating blocks, getting separation as WRs, Lawrence throwing 60 mph bullets. We outplayed them in the first quarter. After that? Who has been open? They’re faster, bigger, more talented athletes. We can’t block them at all. There’s someone in the backfield on every play.

Clemson was a 12.5 point favorite—we were basically given a 17% to 18% chance to win meaning if we played perfectly and they made mistake. Why do you think was the case? It was becuse they are more talented than we are.

No it’s not wrong. There are plenty of problems.

No it’s not wrong. There are plenty of problems.

Losing Love hurt. The playcalling needed to be MORE CONSERVATIVE at the end if the half to ensure it was only 16-3 at the half.

But look at each play. I’m watching and expecting Clemson to win each down’s battle. Yeah, ay e things could be different, but THERE’S A REASON Clemson was a 12 to 14 point favorite. They’re better than we are and would win 8 games out of 10 against us.

Even their backups look like eventual NFL picks. We can’t blovk them, we can’t get separation, we can’t defend their WRs.

Not ready for primetime

If by that you mean a team that one team has NFL talent amongst its backups and the other team has to wait for 4th and 5th year players to develop who also go to class and major in mechanical engineering, then yeah, you’re right.

Also, you haven’t said anything all year but come piping in here.

Are we going to sit here and pretend this team has an offensive identity? It doesn’t. And that falls strictly on the head coach

Are we going to sit here and pretend this team has an offensive identity? It doesn’t. And that falls strictly on the head coach

What’s Clemson’s “offensive identity” other then having 5 Stars up and down the lineup including a QB who wouls be the #1 if he could come out next year,

IIO it's the same clowns that thought Book was as good as Lawrence they are not even on the same planet.

ADVERTISEMENT