ADVERTISEMENT

Michigans MVP Tom Rees

No I don't. I said while he was here and when he left he was a solid average OC. Not elite, not terrible. Just okay. I have nothing against him

But he is who I thought he was. Nothing he did this year changed my mind. Hes meh
Golson. It's alright. You have bad mouthed Tommy Rees in numerous threads ever since he took the Alabama gig. No problem. You are consistent, and have been for the past 11 months or so ever since Tommy left.

You be you.

90 yds of offense in the first half (30 of which came on one play after the muffed punt set them up for one of their TDs), and some here are saying that “rees called a hell of a game”? lol, that’s a good one.

Reactions: Golson5
Golson. It's alright. You have bad mouthed Tommy Rees in numerous threads ever since he took the Alabama gig. No problem. You are consistent, and have been for the past 11 months or so ever since Tommy left.

You be you.
I call it like I see it

He's not terrible. He's not elite. He's average

Tommy can be partially to blame for the QB room. Maybe not the best evaluator of talent.

But getting 9 wins out of a buchner/Pyne qb room was a hell of a job.

They ran over Clemson.

Pyne and Buchner out of football a year later
9 wins is credit to the OC? How about the HC and DC?

Right because in 2023, holding a playoff team to 20 points isn't a good thing....riiiigghhhtttt

So stupid you are. They gave up 326 yards and 20 points. That should be more than good enough in this era. If you cant score more than 20, then that is on you.

Michigan averaged 36ppg and their lowest output on the year was 24

So shhhhh. Weak argument
When you have the lead of 7 with 3 minutes left and a long field, you should win the game. Average points per game is a bullshit stat padded by playing shitty teams. Often when 2 good teams play the point total is lower than eithers appg.

So you respond with name calling, very cerebral on your part, taxed all of your brain cells for that response. But as far as i can tell, you clearly don't know shit about football, but hey keep it entertaining

Reactions: mcleanva1
When you have the lead of 7 with 3 minutes left and a long field, you should win the game. Average points per game is a bullshit stat padded by playing shitty teams. Often when 2 good teams play the point total is lower than eithers appg.

So you respond with name calling, very cerebral on your part, taxed all of your brain cells for that response. But as far as i can tell, you clearly don't know shit about football, but hey keep it entertaining
Again, Golson doesn't like Tommy Rees.

Another weak attempt, pretty embarrassing

20 points in 4 quarters for mighty Alabama, ouch!

Alabamas OFFENSE had the chance to put the game away 24 to 13 and only got a field goal. Then they got the ball back with a chance to get a field goal and win and got a whopping 18 yards and had to punt

But let's blame everyone else

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yup, I get it. But when you clearly don't know shit, I think someone needed to tell him.
You're getting embarrassed and you think you are right.

When you say someone needed to tell him we can all laugh at you

Again very weak. Try a little harder.

You're putting up a TR effort in a Playoff game. 14 and 20 points for him in Playoff games

He's the best, 17 ppg

I saw the word "irony" getting pitched around....Well, Bama was in the playoffs and had an opportunity for a championship, in spite of their "down year". We Notre Dame fans had the luxury of watching Bama in the playoffs without the stress and anxiety of possibly losing the game, like the unfortunate Michigan and Bama fans. Aren't we lucky?

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Exactly, he was an average QB, average QB coach, and an average OC translating into 2 million a year. I want to be average
It happens. Even poor coaches make good to great money....BVG, Del Alexander, Chansi Stuckey, Brian Polian etc etc etc

It happens. Even poor coaches make good to great money....BVG, Del Alexander, Chansi Stuckey, Brian Polian etc etc etc
This from a guy spewing BS on a message board. If your so knowledgeable about coaching, why is it you're not getting the $2mil???? Why are you not roaming the sidelines for some team?

This from a guy spewing BS on a message board. If your so knowledgeable about coaching, why is it you're not getting the $2mil???? Why are you not roaming the sidelines for some team?
I'm not good enough to do it. What did that have to do with how Tommy Reese is as an OC

How did TR lose the game? The DC called the defense that let Michigan march down the field

Right because in 2023, holding a playoff team to 20 points isn't a good thing....riiiigghhhtttt

So stupid you are. They gave up 326 yards and 20 points. That should be more than good enough in this era. If you cant score more than 20, then that is on you.

Michigan averaged 36ppg and their lowest output on the year was 24

So shhhhh. Weak argument
3 touchdowns on 325 yards is enough to win. Reesus offense managed 288 yards including overtime.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Nothing. Dumb comment by you
No, it’s a very relevant and defining comment, one that puts your opinion in the proper perspective of being an “inexperienced know nothing arm chair novice” who’s only analytic ability is confined to knowing how to type on a keyboard.

You know nothing about football and you know less than nothing about football when compared to Nick Saban

Reactions: mcleanva1
Poor argument. Belichick made Patricia his OC. Every coach and every person in all lines of work make mistakes

Try harder than that
What about “know nothing“ fans, like you, do they make mistakes ?

No, it’s a very relevant and defining comment, one that puts your opinion in the proper perspective of being an “inexperienced know nothing arm chair novice” who’s only analytic ability is confined to knowing how to type on a keyboard.

You know nothing about football and you know less than nothing about football when compared to Nick Saban
Yeah it's a dumb comment by you

Im not qualified to be President but when I see something so stupid I can obviously point it out and talk about it. And sleepy has had a lot of those situations where it's easy to point out

Just like with Reese. It doesn't take a genius to see obvious bad decisions or bad coaching

So again, terrible point by you

Reactions: francade
👍👍👍
First of all I do not have a family who has NFL connections. Secondly, I think you have to be different to be a coach. You are relying on 18 year olds for your lively hood. Let`s face it Rees has been average all along

Last edited:
I believe he is the offensive coordinator. He probably has major say so in what goes on in the offense

Yeah it's a dumb comment by you

Im not qualified to be President but when I see something so stupid I can obviously point it out and talk about it. And sleepy has had a lot of those situations where it's easy to point out

Just like with Reese. It doesn't take a genius to see obvious bad decisions or bad coaching

So again, terrible point by you
And you’re educated and experienced enough to identify and distinguish good and bad decisions, good and bad coaching from bad execution ?

What qualifies you to make a valid assessment ?

Are they bad decisions and bad coaching or bad execution ?

Or did the defense make counter adjustments prior to the ball being snapped ?

How many hours did devote to studying Rees ?

Do you think Saban studied Rees more than you ?

Do you think that Saban is eminently more experienced, more knowledgeable and more qualified to make that assessment than you ?

And you’re educated and experienced enough to identify and distinguish good and bad decisions, good and bad coaching from bad execution ?

What qualifies you to make a valid assessment ?

Are they bad decisions and bad coaching or bad execution ?

Or did the defense make counter adjustments prior to the ball being snapped ?

How many hours did devote to studying Rees ?

Do you think Saban studied Rees more than you ?

Do you think that Saban is eminently more experienced, more knowledgeable and more qualified to make that assessment than you ?
Yes I think I'm able to distinguish between good and bad decisions

I stopped reading after that.

Answer is yes

Just like any half minded American can see bad policy by the President

Am I qualified to be President, no I am not.

Can I see obvious good and bad decisions, yes I can

Same concept

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT