ADVERTISEMENT

Rees gone. Where to?

Okay, so he was still an assistant for a year with very little input so how does a 23 year old get an NFL job to begin with? He was not that good as a QB coach, but ends up as OC. Somebody put something in the Kool aide
Nepotistic privilege!

Reactions: NCDomer1
LOL@ the "QBs regressed" argument.

We were getting above average QB production from below average talent. That is great coaching.

Also, I have a general issue with the Tommy Rees hate, especially here on the ND community forums. What message are we sending when one of our own (Tommy Rees) who has done nothing but play and coach big time football here, just gets shat on by ND fans 24/7?

Where is the home team bias at? How are we not more appreciative of the 4 years of free labor we got from Rees as a player and then the 4-5 seasons he coached here cutting his teeth and working his way up to one of the most coveted coaching positions in the sport?

He should be a shining example of how Notre Dame can maximize your prospects in life, yet ND fans just cannot stop shatting on him.

Moreover, If I was a top 1% prospect in college football ND would be one of the last places I would want to trust with my career. The fans, the university PR machine, and the university itself treat you like expendable trash (which is probably one of the reasons why ND can't gain traction with top 1% prospects anymore)
You were right on target onto your last paragraph

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT