ADVERTISEMENT

Michigans MVP Tom Rees

Tommy had a rough year.

Wonder if he will be back at Bama in 24

Glad he's gone, but grass sn't always greener Tommy Boy

Reactions: Chitown11
Yeah

Beat 4 Top 20 teams-----2 of which were Top 10 with a first year QB.

When you figure out if there's air or feathers in the ball make sure and let us know.
Lol Nice try

He went to Bama. They win between 12 and 15 games a year

He's judged by how the offense performed, not wins and losses. That goes to the head man, Nick Saban

Tommy struggled bad this year. We'll see if he keeps his job. 50/50 Id say

Lol Nice try

He went to Bama. They win between 12 and 15 games a year

He's judged by how the offense performed, not wins and losses. That goes to the head man, Nick Saban

Tommy struggled bad this year. We'll see if he keeps his job. 50/50 Id say
The previous offensive coordinator said that the Alabama QB should switch his position to running back . Tommy Rees was not the problem for Alabama the players were . Alabama does not have great receivers a first year Qb who they wanted to move to running back . Also Alabama defense was not up to their usual standards . Auburn ran all over them this year . Tommy Rees at his age is going to be an outstanding head coach some day

The previous offensive coordinator said that the Alabama QB should switch his position to running back . Tommy Rees was not the problem for Alabama the players were . Alabama does not have great receivers a first year Qb who they wanted to move to running back . Also Alabama defense was not up to their usual standards . Auburn ran all over them this year . Tommy Rees at his age is going to be an outstanding head coach some day
99 % of college football would take Alabamas offensive talent

They had their worst offense since 2008

Tommy will have to own that. His seat is warming up

Reactions: edub72
Yeah blame everyone but Tommy. All of a suddden Alabama has poor players I guess
If you can't see that the talent level at AL is below most prior years, then you are blind, stupid, or just won't admit it, or a combination of the 3; you decide. Rees is not the problem, he's a quality OC with a super bright future

If you can't see that the talent level at AL is below most prior years, then you are blind, stupid, or just won't admit it, or a combination of the 3; you decide. Rees is not the problem, he's a quality OC with a super bright future
Less than Alabama past years. Still more than 99% of college football.

If you can't see that, you're either blind or a dope. I think the latter

Rees is the problem with a future as a decent coach but not an elite one

Less than Alabama past years. Still more than 99% of college football.

If you can't see that, you're either blind or a dope. I think the latter

Rees is the problem with a future as a decent coach but not an elite one
This coming from a know nothing keyboard jockey.

The game was lost by the defense, not the OC. Alabama scored 13 straight points after trailing 13-7 and held a lead entering the final minutes of the game until the defense folded and gave up an eight-play, 75-yard drive to force overtime, then got gashed on 2 runs by Corum. But, if it makes you feel better, you go right on slamming Rees from your know nothing perch

Reactions: mcleanva1

The game was lost by the defense, not the OC. Alabama scored 13 straight points after trailing 13-7 and held a lead entering the final minutes of the game until the defense folded and gave up an eight-play, 75-yard drive to force overtime, then got gashed on 2 runs by Corum. But, if it makes you feel better, you go right on slamming Rees from your know nothing perch
So you blame the defense from your know nothing perch

I blame the offense from my know nothing perch

You sound like a hypocritical moron

"....a know nothing keyboard jockey...."

Take it easy on Golson.

Name calling should be a last resort.

"....a know nothing keyboard jockey...."

Take it easy on Golson.

Name calling should be a last resort.
My apologies, your right ... I'm just so sick and frustrated at the constant hating on the OC, when point if fact is none of us know the personnel, the offense or the decision making. AL lost because their defense failed them, not because of the OC.

My apologies, your right ... I'm just so sick and frustrated at the constant hating on the OC, when point if fact is none of us know the personnel, the offense or the decision making. AL lost because their defense failed them, not because of the OC.
I 100% agree. Golson, simply put, will take any chance he has to throw shade at Tommy Rees. He has since Tommy left for Alabama, and there are a few others here who do the same. That's life in a Forum such as this.

Further, like you, I thought Tommy Rees called one hell of a game given what he has to work with. Alabama rushed for 172 yards, the team was in position to win with under 5:00 to play, could not seal the deal.

Still, the game went to OT. Google Tim Hasselbeck from ESPN and the final play. Hasselbeck breaks the play down, an interesting look at what happened, starting with the snap which was 6-12 inches off the ground.

Further, like you, I thought Tommy Rees called one hell of a game given what he has to work with. Alabama rushed for 172 yards, the team was in position to win with under 5:00 to play, could not seal the deal.

Still, the game went to OT. Google Tim Hasselbeck from ESPN and the final play. Hasselbeck breaks the play down, an interesting look at what happened, starting with the snap which was 6-12 inches off the ground.
With what they have to work with? Defense kept them in game. The last to cycles have given them 8 4 stars and 1 5 star receiver. They have plenty of talent. He needs to be fired just for vouching for Buchner. He'll be fine but I don't know about great. We get to see how he improves his stock with Saying.

With what they have to work with? Defense kept them in game. The last to cycles have given them 8 4 stars and 1 5 star receiver. They have plenty of talent. He needs to be fired just for vouching for Buchner. He'll be fine but I don't know about great. We get to see how he improves his stock with Saying.
Guess those 4 stars failed to show up, and the 5 * receiver was a mon factor because their OLine is average to bad, and Milroe is young and inexperienced. MI outplayed them

Yeah we disagree. They lost because of their offense

Guess those 4 stars failed to show up, and the 5 * receiver was a mon factor because their OLine is average to bad, and Milroe is young and inexperienced. MI outplayed them
Yeah all the talent failed at every position

And the OC deserves zero blame

Things that make you laugh

Yeah we disagree. They lost because of their offense
Right right because when your up by 7 with 3 minutes to go and your opponent has to go 75 to tie, and has to convert a 4th down play, it's not the defense that folded, it's the offense, hmmmm, now I get it. This helps a lot, I'm refraining from what I'm really thinking, but at the same time you confirmed alot for me

Last edited:
Maybe the focus should be on both teams. I don’t like Michigan and wanted Alabama to win, and I wanted Rees to shine. Throughout the game, I thought Michigan was the better team, and I thought Michigan game planning on both offense and defense was significantly better than Alabama. Thought both Alabama coordinators made adjustments that helped them dominate much of the second half; but thought Milroe scrambling had as much to do with offensive success as anything. But that’s a huge weapon and Rees capitalized on this. Michigan’s offense stalled in part because McCarthy missed a few makeable passes, but their fourth qtr touchdown drive was classic Michigan, as was their OT touchdown. Both made the Alabama defense look poor. Overall, thought Michigan was the better team, and I thought the play calling superior.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Right right because when your up by 7 with 3 minutes to go and your opponent has to go 75 to tie, and has to convert a 4th down play, it's not the defense that folded, it's the offense, hmmmm, now I get it. This helps a lot, I'm refraining from what I'm really thinking, but at the same time you confirmed alot for me
Golson dislikes Tommy Rees.

Right because in 2023, holding a playoff team to 20 points isn't a good thing....riiiigghhhtttt

So stupid you are. They gave up 326 yards and 20 points. That should be more than good enough in this era. If you cant score more than 20, then that is on you.

Michigan averaged 36ppg and their lowest output on the year was 24

So shhhhh. Weak argument

Reactions: tbonesays
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT