ADVERTISEMENT

tom tom’s (tommy rees ) new job

No you can't, as a young assistant still learning you can't afford to take 24 months away from the game, that's career suicide. He needs to get a job somewhere and be in the game, so he can continue to lea

that Wasn’t his point, $2 million a year was his point, and he won’t be away from the game that long

that Wasn’t his point, $2 million a year was his point, and he won’t be away from the game that long

What coaches earn is irrelevant to me or to the discussion of how good a coach is or isn't.

Many coaches have signed multi-million dollar contracts only to fail miserably.

I'm not saying Rees is a bad coach. I think what he was able to do with Pyne his last year at ND was remarkable, but I also believe he still has a lot to
learn and from different coaches other than BK. That's why hope he doesn't land at LSU, but somewhere else. Regardless, I wish him the best.

What coaches earn is irrelevant to me or to the discussion of how good a coach is or isn't.

I'm not saying Rees is a bad coach. I think what he was able to do with Pyne his last year at ND was remarkable, but I also believe he still has a lot to
learn and from different coaches other than BK. That's why hope he doesn't land at LSU, but somewhere else. Regardless, I wish him the best.
CW earned as much as his waist line…..he was an epic failure as head coach.

Reactions: NDinNJ
No you can't, as a young assistant still learning you can't afford to take 24 months away from the game, that's career suicide. He needs to get a job somewhere and be in the game, so he can continue to learn.
First of all the government is going to take close to 40 percent of it. I did not know his contract was guaranteed. You are right about getting another coaching job right away otherwise he may turn into an after thought. Good luck to him.
WOW, Coach K, Saban, the guy in New England with all the Super Bowl rings all within a span of two years.
Saban did say the state of college football is not for him, in addition to other factors.

4-million guaranteed contract the next two years. Nevertheless, my guess is Tommy will coach somewhere in 2024..

No you can't, as a young assistant still learning you can't afford to take 24 months away from the game, that's career suicide. He needs to get a job somewhere and be in the game, so he can continue to learn.
Don't think he means taking such a long time off. Just that he can be patient with offers and doesn't have to jump at the first opportunity that comes around.

CW earned as much as his waist line…..he was an epic failure as head coach.
So you reject the concept of pay being based on merit

The Leap from an assistant coach to a head coach is a difficult one
and not everyone makes that leap successfully

A lot of envy in SOME of these posts. I guess it is hard to watch a relatively young man gain the accolades of the best in the business (Saban, Kelly, McVay, etc.) while making real cash. I for one am very proud of a fellow ND grad.

Some people can be painfully transparent, and I find their endless posts sad.

A lot of envy in SOME of these posts. I guess it is hard to watch a relatively young man gain the accolades of the best in the business (Saban, Kelly, McVay, etc.) while making real cash. I for one am very proud of a fellow ND grad.

👍👍👍

Agreed

Guy has a QB who goes from being benched in Game 3 to beating 4 ranked teams including the # 1 ranked team and 2 time defending National Champ and he gets no credit in his development from these types.

Pitiful

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT