ADVERTISEMENT

Where does Rees end up

Head coach at a Sun Belt school that makes a mistake.

OC at Arkansas

Working for CBS doing mountain west games.

Possibly LSU. Curious to see if that happens.
Curious as well. Frankly, I hope he doesn’t end up at LSU. He started paving his own path when he opted to stay at ND and not join Kelly at LSU. His move to Alabama was a smart move. He got a year under Saban, developed some chops outside of ND, and received great compensation. I think he takes his time and lands a good first time HC opportunity, or moves onto the NFL.

Apparently he’s one of 3 front runners for the job. That’s insane to me. Would be a riskier higher than Freeman was

Reactions: Chitown11
And he has as much chance as I do to get the job
You are clueless. Do you actually believe Alabama would waste their time interviewing anyone if they didn't have a chance? You are dumb, really dumb.

Apparently he’s one of 3 front runners for the job. That’s insane to me. Would be a riskier higher than Freeman was
I agree it's a bit crazy to risk it on a first time HC.

"𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆: Former Notre Dame QB and Offensive Coordinator Tommy Rees is expected to be a serious contender for the Alabama Head Coaching job, per John D Brice via Football Scoop
Rees spent this past season working as OC and QB coach for Alabama, after working the same position at Notre Dame for the past several years."

I don’t dislike Rees like I dislike Kelly, I thought he got the most of his talent as a QB and I didn’t hate him as an OC. But has he really had any seasons where his teams have over performed? The last 2 seasons his offenses have underperformed. Yes there are some valid excuses, but those should be excuses to keep your job, not fall into one of the biggest head coaching positions in the sport. And he’s not one of these guys like Freeman that have leadership written all over them, which can make up for experience in an interview process (for better or worse). I’d be shocked if he got the job, but I was shocked when bama hired him in the first place.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Rees needs to be an OC at a MAC or Big West school or coach under Kiffin or Sark and cut his teeth that way. I think he has the potential to be a great OC or head coach one day.

You are clueless. Do you actually believe Alabama would waste their time interviewing anyone if they didn't have a chance? You are dumb, really dumb.
Yes it takes maybe 6 hours to do an interview him

Maybe Saban likes him and wants him to get an interview. Maybe they want him to stay as OC for the bew coach. Maybe they are showing him respect

Who knows?

But if you think he has a chance, put some money up on it?

I would love for him to get the job as the Alabama dynasty would crumble. But it's not happening

I agree it's a bit crazy to risk it on a first time HC.

"𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆: Former Notre Dame QB and Offensive Coordinator Tommy Rees is expected to be a serious contender for the Alabama Head Coaching job, per John D Brice via Football Scoop
Rees spent this past season working as OC and QB coach for Alabama, after working the same position at Notre Dame for the past several years."
Also was reported that Lanning was in Alabama when he was never there

Reports....

Thats like Kelly had how many NFL jobs lined up and his agent got him paid

You should know this game by now. How old are you? You're slacking

Locksley or Rees for the Bama job. It's so late in the game on coaching moves I could see them naming Rees interim coach for next year (see how he does and line up a big hire behind the scenes). Really boils down to how much of a nudge/recommendation is Saban making on his behalf. Lanning, Kiffin, Drinkwitz would have alot of yolk on their face if leaving their respective programs right now. *I forgot the WA coach, that would be a great hire and he very well might take it.

Rees is the new Lane Kiffen, constantly failing up.
The only way I can imagine Rees getting the job is if half a dozen other candidates turn them down (don't want to fill Saban's shoes, happy where they are, etc), and then they just promote him, hoping he's the next Kiffin or Lincoln Riley. Both of them started out as head coaches in their early-mid thirties.

Rees needs to be an OC at a MAC or Big West school or coach under Kiffin or Sark and cut his teeth that way. I think he has the potential to be a great OC or head coach one day.
He was already an OC at Notre Dame and at Alabama—he’s not going to be one at a “MAC or Big West school“; it’s either an OC at an elite program or head coach for him now.

Stick to your day job.

Following in Saban’s shoes may in fact prove too daunting, but hard for me to believe this would scare any top level coach away. These guys live for the opportunity to compete at the highest level, and Alabama offers this in spades. Timing is critical and they can’t afford the appearance of being turned down multiple times. This works in Rees favor, but he would be A very unpopular choice among the Alabama faithful; and I think that his being considered is really showing respect, and providing support to the notion of his getting a HC opportunity elsewhere.

Following in Saban’s shoes may in fact prove too daunting, but hard for me to believe this would scare any top level coach away. These guys live for the opportunity to compete at the highest level, and Alabama offers this in spades. Timing is critical and they can’t afford the appearance of being turned down multiple times. This works in Rees favor, but he would be A very unpopular choice among the Alabama faithful; and I think that his being considered is really showing respect, and providing support to the notion of his getting a HC opportunity elsewhere.
Mike Norvell agreed to a contract extension at Florida St.

80 million for 8------in the new 12 team Playoff era.

Why would you leave FSU for Bama now ?
Mike Norvell would agree.

If Kalen DeBoer does what Dan Lanning did, this Alabama Football search will get interesting.

Seattle and Tuscaloosa are two different worlds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT