ADVERTISEMENT

tom tom’s (tommy rees ) new job

clannad

All Star
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2007
It has been reported that he will be saban's new Driver. Go Irish

Saban could take years of grinding it out game after game in the grueling SEC and the pressure of being Bama’s head coach where expectations are winning titles year in and year, but one year of the Rees effect was to brutal on him.

Reactions: Golson5
Saban could take years of grinding it out game after game in the grueling SEC and the pressure of being Bama’s head coach where expectations are winning titles year in and year, but one year of the Rees effect was to brutal on him.
I don't know how great or not so great Bama's offense actually was this past season, though even to the untrained eye there were some sluggish performances. But Bama made the playoff, they beat UGA and become SEC champs, and TR's rising star I don't think has dimmed a bit.

However, having said that, assuming he's not picked up by LSU, which one would almost assume he would be, and the timing dovetailed pretty perfectly, is what will Rees do and how will he fare, if he's not working under either BK his mentor and basically where he cut his teeth and who's offense he knows back to front... or someone like an all-time great like Saban, where Rees could even flounder a bit, and it might not even matter and the team could still make the playoff, and so there'd be much greater margin for error. The point being he might be truly on his own for the very first time next season, wherever he lands, if he's not at LSU. Which could easily end up being a bigger challenge than coaching at Bama was....

I wouldn’t rule out a possible NFL job for TR. Lots of movement there as well. I’m sure coordinator positions will open with a few teams.

I wouldn’t rule out a possible NFL job for TR. Lots of movement there as well. I’m sure coordinator positions will open with a few teams.
I don't know about that. But I don't really know shit about that, it just seems a tad early for that for him. For the reasons I cited in my previous post. He's just not proven enough yet. He's done well, but thus far he's always had rather propitious circumstances, let's say, to work under.

Reactions: tkirish
I don't think Rees is ready to be an NFL OC. Maybe an Asst OC or QB coach? If not going to LSU, not sure where he will end up if he does not stay at Bama.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I don't know about that. But I don't really know shit about that, it just seems a tad early for that for him. For the reasons I cited in my previous post. He's just not proven enough yet. He's done well, but thus far he's always had rather propitious circumstances, let's say, to work under.
Agreed. But you never really know with these things. I feel he should stay in the college ranks and learn as much as he can before he moves in to a head coaching gig or an NFL gig. But like you said , I’m not in the know. Just expressing an opinion.

Agreed. But you never really know with these things. I feel he should stay in the college ranks and learn as much as he can before he moves in to a head coaching gig or an NFL gig. But like you said , I’m not in the know. Just expressing an opinion.
I'm opinionated on the subject of TR as a young OC, but maybe the dude really is a prodigy, and is totally ready to be an OC for a Super Bowl champion. It's just in his case his to rise to high position was so fortuitous, being BK's protege, and then when he finally ventures out on his own going to Bama under Saban of all places... so he still has more to prove I would say. I just wonder if LSU/BK is going to hire him. Maybe TR wouldn't take it, thinking it's time for him to truly be on his own.

I don't know how great or not so great Bama's offense actually was this past season, though even to the untrained eye there were some sluggish performances. But Bama made the playoff, they beat UGA and become SEC champs, and TR's rising star I don't think has dimmed a bit.

However, having said that, assuming he's not picked up by LSU, which one would almost assume he would be, and the timing dovetailed pretty perfectly, is what will Rees do and how will he fare, if he's not working under either BK his mentor and basically where he cut his teeth and who's offense he knows back to front... or someone like an all-time great like Saban, where Rees could even flounder a bit, and it might not even matter and the team could still make the playoff, and so there'd be much greater margin for error. The point being he might be truly on his own for the very first time next season, wherever he lands, if he's not at LSU. Which could easily end up being a bigger challenge than coaching at Bama was....
I'm opinionated on the subject of TR as a young OC, but maybe the dude really is a prodigy, and is totally ready to be an OC for a Super Bowl champion. It's just in his case his to rise to high position was so fortuitous, being BK's protege, and then when he finally ventures out on his own going to Bama under Saban of all places... so he still has more to prove I would say. I just wonder if LSU/BK is going to hire him. Maybe TR wouldn't take it, thinking it's time for him to truly be on his own.
Makes zero sense.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Rees is a Domer. When he played for us, he was gutsy and probably played above his talent level. When he coached for us, he did his best. He never embarrassed the University (other than the altercation with the police). He made a good decision to go to Alabama to be the OC and broaden his resume and learn at the knee the GOAT of college coaches.

I get that he may have not been a good OC for us or for Alabama but why constantly slam him. His is a Notre Dame Man! It is really pathetic to keep slamming an ND guy. Stop being such trolls!

BK is only 52 years old, but looks like 60 years old can we blame that on the Tommy effect? All of the blue faced events seemed to occur when ND was on offense. It has to be the accumulated toll of year after year of mishaps.
Book after three years in the system had happy feet in the pocket neither Hartman or Angeli had happy feet like they were dancing with the stars. Book almost never threw the ball over the middle, which was probably designed into the game plan. A first year OC who used to be a tight end coach ended up scoring 10 points more a game. I am just saying

BK is only 52 years old, but looks like 60 years old can we blame that on the Tommy effect? All of the blue faced events seemed to occur when ND was on offense. It has to be the accumulated toll of year after year of mishaps.
Book after three years in the system had happy feet in the pocket neither Hartman or Angeli had happy feet like they were dancing with the stars. Book almost never threw the ball over the middle, which was probably designed into the game plan. A first year OC who used to be a tight end coach ended up scoring 10 points more a game. I am just saying
Bk is 62

Reactions: tkirish
BK is not 52 years old. He is 62.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Rees is a Domer. When he played for us, he was gutsy and probably played above his talent level. When he coached for us, he did his best. He never embarrassed the University (other than the altercation with the police). He made a good decision to go to Alabama to be the OC and broaden his resume and learn at the knee the GOAT of college coaches.

I get that he may have not been a good OC for us or for Alabama but why constantly slam him. His is a Notre Dame Man! It is really pathetic to keep slamming an ND guy. Stop being such trolls!
There are not many in this Forum who mock Tommy Rees here on a consistent basis. Golson is one, clannad another. Is what it is. I don't bother with them anymore regarding Tommy Rees. If Golson wants to spend months mocking Tommy Rees...taking shots consistently, whatever. To each their own.

....you seem to have no problem denigrating every other poster here, many of whom are ND men and women.....

There‘s a huge distinction that you’re too stupid to recognize and understand.

That distinction is that the posters on this site can defend themselves when challenged or critized and Tommy Rees can’t.

Let that thought sink in.

In addition. You seem to be saying that posts containing erroneous facts and/or flawed logic shouldn’t be challenged, which is absurd.

Come back when you have an intelligent thought ,,,,, if that’s possible

You’re a schmuck !

Tommy Rees is a Notre Dame graduate and he played QB and coached for Notre Dame, why would you denigrate a Notre Dame man ?
All these posters denigrating Rees have no connection to ND at all other than being Notre Dame football fans only—they’re not alums, and they have no connection to the school or its values, or anything, really.

I actually hope he gets the job at Bama deep down inside because that helps ND out. He is not better than anybody on the list. Bama would be taking a huge chance if they hired him versus a proven coach. I honestly thought it was going to Sark who must have a massive buy out or the guy from Washington both are proven head coaches. They might be interviewing Tommy as a courtesy.
Whoever it is has some pretty big shoes to fill including playing against an up graded SEC schedule.
Players go to Bama because of Saban, but they are not going to Bama just because of Tommy or anybody else on the list. He would be better off at LSU or another school. I imagine some smaller schools have shown some interest. I just do not see Bama hiring someone who does not have head coaching experience.

Rose Bowl/Bama Season wasnt on Rees. Ill admit not a huge fan of Rees, but he made in-season adjustments & Rose Bowl halftime adjustments. His players from the center to the QB in the Rose Bowl choked when it counted the most. The plays that cost Bama the game werent play design (except OT 4th down call) or scheme it was Bama players sh!tting the bed.

There are not many in this Forum who mock Tommy Rees here on a consistent basis. Golson is one, clannad another. Is what it is. I don't bother with them anymore regarding Tommy Rees. If Golson wants to spend months mocking Tommy Rees...taking shots consistently, whatever. To each their own.
I dont mock him. That is a lie.

I just don't think he is a good OC.

I dont dislike TR. It's simple, I dont think hes a very good OC

Rees has connections in the NFL. He was on staff with the San Diego Chargers when Sean McVay & Nick Sirianni were there.

McVay praised Rees last year regarding Kyren Williams and how NFL ready Tommy had him, and by NFL ready that means playing without the ball, running pass routes, screen game, pass protection and Blitz Pick Up.

Rees will have a job 15 seconds after leaving Alabama. My guess it will be in the NFL.

All these posters denigrating Rees have no connection to ND at all other than being Notre Dame football fans only—they’re not alums, and they have no connection to the school or its values, or anything, really.
There are more Notre Dame Football fans that did not graduate from Notre Dame than did.

And i would say that many of those fans that did not graduate from Notre Dame do connect with Notre Dame values. I know I do.

That said, I would never take a shot at a Notre Dame man such as Tommy Rees. Ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT