ADVERTISEMENT

USC update...,

Reminds me of the Ty Willingham situation. A coach who did well his first couple of years, but there were obvious flaws that could be seen within the program. By the third year, those problems came full circle, but all the media wanted to see was the “overall” record. Obviously, ND let him go and Weis took over. All we heard was how Weis was winning with Ty’s recruits (funny since Ty had done the same with Davies), and how similar their records were after three seasons. 2007 was completely on Willingham IMO. Weis has his flaws, for sure, but that (and the inability to get the defense up to par) sunk him. Every ND fan saw 2007 coming.

The other, darker side, of the situation was to do with the media painting ND as a racist institution because Ty didn’t get 5 years to complete his contract (despite ND paying it out anyways per contract). While Ty was running Washington into the ground, he was actually one of the highest paid coaches in all of CFB.

You need to thank God for two things:

1) Helton was a much better recruiter than Ty
2) Helton isn’t of color and you won’t have to navigate that circus.

I’ll never forgive that fvcker(Ty) for allowing the media to do what they did to us. He was treated with dignity and respect at ND. All most were asking for was for him to spend less time on the golf course and more time recruiting. Instead of taking accountability for his failures, he played the victim card. I’ve got no respect for people like that.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the Ty Willingham situation. A coach who did well his first couple of years, but there were obvious flaws that could be seen within the program. By the third year, those problems came full circle, but all the media wanted to see was the “overall” record. Obviously, ND let him go and Weis took over. All we heard was how Weis was winning with Ty’s recruits (funny since Ty had done the same with Davies), and how similar their records were after three seasons. 2007 was completely on Willingham IMO. Weis has his flaws, for sure, but that (and the inability to get the defense up to par) sunk him. Every ND fan saw 2007 coming.

The other, darker side, of the situation was to do with the media painting ND as a racist institution because Ty didn’t get 5 years to complete his contract (despite ND paying it out anyways per contract). While Ty was running Washington into the ground, he was actually one of the highest paid coaches in all of CFB.

You need to thank God for two things:

1) Helton was a much better recruiter than Ty
2) Helton isn’t of color and you won’t have to navigate that circus.

I’ll never forgive that fvcker(Ty) for allowing the media to do what they did to us. He was treated with dignity and respect at ND. All most were asking for was for him to spend less time on the golf course and more time recruiting. Instead of taking accountability for his failures, he played the victim card. I’ve got no respect for people like that.

Clay should leave us with some good players although if it is announced Monday the early signing period will be brutal, unless they hire quickly.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
Clay should leave us with some good players although if it is announced Monday the early signing period will be brutal, unless they hire quickly.

You’re USC. You’ll be fine. Imagine trying to repair/rebuild your program without a fertile recruiting ground to stand on while your National brand has been tarnished by idiots.

The nightmare is almost over. Trust me

Always a favorite poster of mine, you’re a good dude, beach. You make me hate Traveler a little less. ;)

You hate a horse?
Everyone hates that nag. I was in the UOJ alumni section after buying tickets when ND put the nails in Larry Smith's coffin. After the Irish got up 2 TD's the UOJ fans were cheering harder against Smith than I was. Hopefully happens again Sat. night.
PC may be avail. and bring Norton back with him.

Everyone hates that nag. I was in the UOJ alumni section after buying tickets when ND put the nails in Larry Smith's coffin. After the Irish got up 2 TD's the UOJ fans were cheering harder against Smith than I was. Hopefully happens again Sat. night.
PC may be avail. and bring Norton back with him.
I'll take PC

I'll take PC
I daresay Pete Carrol would be a great replacement, but I doubt if he can muster the over the-top energy he once displayed. And he wouldn't be coaching for long. My favorite is Brian Kelly, IF he leaves ND as he seems to have persuaded some scribes that he will. I have long been a fan of his, he's been devastating wherever he's coached, and he is still pretty young, or at least younger than he looks. My prediction is that he picks up all the marbles this very post season and finds a way of shoot down the evil Colossas of Bama whenever they meet in the playoffs.

I deem it crucial that SOMEONE finally whups Bama's are. I deem ND the one school who can actually do this. Brandon Wimbush would give domer D fits in practices and have the D ready to stuff Bama's uber dangerous Tea Tagovalua

Last edited:
“You hate a horse?”

Lol. Yes, when you’re a toddler and you watch it run around the track at the coliseum for yet another Anthony Davis TD, one tends to hold out some animosity for a horse. ;)

“You hate a horse?”

Lol. Yes, when you’re a toddler and you watch it run around the track at the coliseum for yet another Anthony Davis TD, one tends to hold out some animosity for a horse. ;)

he has a point!

No worries man! I am sure our resident cranks appreciate the opportunity to pick USCs next coach! These guys have been working hard playing FAUX Athletic Director at ND for 8.5 years. And have "fake fired" and "fake hired" Brian Kellys replacement about 173 times since the Tulsa game in 2010.

These cranks really needed something to do. The "Kelly Bitching" schtick does not hold much water at 11-0. Good luck with the new coach search.
PS I heard Mike Sanford Jr at Western Ketucky is "special". If you can get past his 8-16 record

QUOTE="beachcardinal, post: 2526278, member: 5902"]First, I know this is an ND board, but many have shown interest in this subject. It is all but public, Clay is gone, has been told, and the world will know Monday. From what I hear even the extremely unlikely even of an SC upset of the Irish won't help. He gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcswoopnh
That's what I find hysterical. The politeness in all of this. If only these other threads were met with such "class" and courtesy. And the "fake hiring" and "fake firing" since the Tulsa game is classic. This why USC game week is something to be treasured. I love it.

I wonder if USC will go for one of the the lesser known coaches available ie Campbell, Fuente or opt for for a "name" coach? Do you think the job is to big for a coordinator without head coaching experience ie Vena?bles

Talk is TysonHeltonto replace Clay. Then Tyson will tank the job and Clay will become interim headcoach who will win a popularity poll with the players and Swann will. hire him to a 15 year contract. And everyone will go for ice cream cones and paint ball parties.

I wonder if USC will go for one of the the lesser known coaches available ie Campbell, Fuente or opt for for a "name" coach? Do you think the job is to big for a coordinator without head coaching experience ie Vena?bles

Have no idea. There is some buzz now he will stay. I still think he will go but this is the weirdest thing I have seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT