ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mike Tyson

Irishjohn68

All Star
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2003
Back in the day I loved going to fight parties to watch Tyson beat the living snot out of other boxers. Well this summer a 58 year old Iron Mike is going to climb into the ring to fight some guy named Paul. Anyone else intrigued by this? Will Tyson get beaten or will he kick some ass?

This is a wild fight. I have no clue how it will turn out but I'll watch

Back in the day I loved going to fight parties to watch Tyson beat the living snot out of other boxers. Well this summer a 58 year old Iron Mike is going to climb into the ring to fight some guy named Paul. Anyone else intrigued by this? Will Tyson get beaten or will he kick some ass?
If Tyson is in condition, I’ll take him,

If not, I’ll take Jake

If Tyson is in condition, I’ll take him,

If not, I’ll take Jake
The video shows Tyson looks really good IMO.

Question, how much money would it take you (not you but anyone) to get in the ring with Tyson? And how long would anyone last?

This is really interesting. I don't watch much boxing but I keep up with it enough that I hope Tyson KO's Paul. Would love to see the YouTuber get brought back to reality.

This is really interesting. I don't watch much boxing but I keep up with it enough that I hope Tyson KO's Paul. Would love to see the YouTuber get brought back to reality.
He's not just a Youtuber anymore. He's put in a lot of work and he's a quality boxer

He should be commended for the improvement he's made and the work he's put in to get to this point

Reactions: kmass
Sounds like a cheesy money spinner.

Reactions: Golson5
Jake Paul is an interesting cat.
Mostly a youtube life self promoter with his brother who got serious about the fight game not to long ago.
He's started off as a laughing stock to where even Joe Rogan said he is a serious fighter.
Tyson looks great for 58 and is still fast.
Should be really interesting

He’s 58, there’s no way he wins lol. These fights never end well for the old guys.

He’s 58, there’s no way he wins lol. These fights never end well for the old guys.
IDK man. Tyson looks really good. Not saying he will win but I wouldn’t bet against him either. I’m intrigued but this fight.

At his peak Tyson was a monster

I will never forget the fight with Michael Spinks
the only time I have seen a fighter scared in the ring; he was looking for a place to fall the minute Tyson hit him the first time

If Jake Paul's measurable are still the same.. 6'1".. 200lbs... Tyson will knock him out... yes just my opinion... but if Tyson connects with one of his signature thumps.. Jake will lose...

Jake Paul is an interesting cat.
Mostly a youtube life self promoter with his brother who got serious about the fight game not to long ago.
He's started off as a laughing stock to where even Joe Rogan said he is a serious fighter.
Tyson looks great for 58 and is still fast.
Should be really interesting
He's made a killing with this Prime drink. Him & his brother live in Dorado Puerto Rico. I was in San Juan & saw some flashy cars by the Vanderbilt Hotel. Bel Hop said that was the Paul entourage. I would take Tyson over Paul

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Do you guys somehow think fighters are immune to Father Time? It would be like Michael Jordan trying to play one on one vs a 27 year old G league player in 2024. You think MJ would have any shot in that? Yes Tyson still trains and is in shape and can look like a beast in sparring videos. He might have only lost a little power but probably has about 50% of the hand speed he had in his prime. He has no shot.

Do you guys somehow think fighters are immune to Father Time? It would be like Michael Jordan trying to play one on one vs a 27 year old G league player in 2024. You think MJ would have any shot in that? Yes Tyson still trains and is in shape and can look like a beast in sparring videos. He might have only lost a little power but probably has about 50% of the hand speed he had in his prime. He has no shot.
So you’re betting on Jake ?

He's made a killing with this Prime drink. Him & his brother live in Dorado Puerto Rico. I was in San Juan & saw some flashy cars by the Vanderbilt Hotel. Bel Hop said that was the Paul entourage. I would take Tyson over Paul
Jake isn't involved with Prime

It’s not like Tyson is fighting the current heavyweight champion of the world. Sure if he was doing that he’d lose I’m sure. But is this Jake Paul a legitimate contender? I don’t know. He sure does not look like a real candidate.

It’s not like Tyson is fighting the current heavyweight champion of the world. Sure if he was doing that he’d lose I’m sure. But is this Jake Paul a legitimate contender? I don’t know. He sure does not look like a real candidate.
He would get killed against a real heavyweight and it wouldnt be sanctioned

Jake is a novice boxer but he's getting better and has a very good chance of beating Mike. Hes not a heavyweight. Hes a cruiserweight

He would get killed against a real heavyweight and it wouldnt be sanctioned

Jake is a novice boxer but he's getting better and has a very good chance of beating Mike. Hes not a heavyweight. Hes a cruiserweight
I know. That’s what I said about fighting a real heavyweight. Thanks for repeating what I already said.

I know. That’s what I said about fighting a real heavyweight. Thanks for repeating what I already said.
No. You said he would lose. I said he would get killed.

Try understanding before you reply with a cocky response

Foreman won a title at 48 years old. against real competition, #1 ranked heavyweights. Jake Paul is ranked 112th in the world, and 14th in the USA. Tyson absolutely has a shot, and a very good one.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Foreman won a title at 48 years old. against real competition, #1 ranked heavyweights. Jake Paul is ranked 112th in the world, and 14th in the USA. Tyson absolutely has a shot, and a very good one.
I remember him getting a punch off and knocking that guy out. But who was the fighter?

Foreman won that title at 45, not 48. Tyson will be 58 for his fight. That is a 13 year difference

Tyson has a shot because Paul isnt a top level fighter. But he also has the chance of getting knocked out cold

Foreman won that title at 45, not 48. Tyson will be 58 for his fight. That is a 13 year difference

Tyson has a shot because Paul isnt a top level fighter. But he also has the chance of getting knocked out cold
Sorry let me clarify, he successfully defended his title at 48.

I remember him getting a punch off and knocking that guy out. But who was the fighter?
If it's the same fight you are thinking it was Lou Savarese and Foreman successfully defended the WBU title. 1997

The fight where he initially won the title at 45 was against Moorer

Reactions: Irishjohn68
Sorry let me clarify, he successfully defended his title at 48.
Thats inaccurate. He was stripped of his title right after the Moorer fight because he wouldnt face Tony Tucker. He didnt have a good win after the Moorer fight

The WBU title was a paper title and not a real Championship

IBF, WBC, WBO and WBA are the real Championship belts

Thats inaccurate. He was stripped of his title right after the Moorer fight because he wouldnt face Tony Tucker. He didnt have a good win after the Moorer fight

The WBU title was a paper title and not a real Championship

IBF, WBC, WBO and WBA are the real Championship belts
It was a title. You aren't bright are you.
Win 76–4 Lou Savarese SD 12 Apr 26, 1997 48 years, 106 days Convention Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey, U.S. Retained WBU heavyweight title

It was a title. You aren't bright are you.
Win 76–4 Lou Savarese SD 12 Apr 26, 1997 48 years, 106 days Convention Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey, U.S. Retained WBU heavyweight title
Yeah it's a joke title. Not a real Champion. I follow boxing, do you?

That title was created in 1995 and is no longer even a title after 2009.

It's a paper title. They have a lot of those in boxing. It's all about the money. But it's not a real title.

And Savarese was a bum.

George Foreman was an all time great but he was not a title holder when he was 48. He gave it up at 45 and never fought again for a Title

You are not bright. Another cocky response when you don't know shit about the subject matter

I didn't know he live in PR
No surprise
Their drinks are everywhere.
They have a following

Judging started becoming blatant at some point, but when Ramirez was called the winner against Whitaker was it for me.
Whitaker without a doubt won the fight

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 756
Judging started becoming becoming blatant at some point, but when Ramirez was called the winner against Whitaker was it for me.
Whitaker without a doubt won the fight
Whitaker also got screwed against Chavez. Whitaker won that fight for sure. Judging in boxing is awful and corupt

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT