ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mike Tyson

If it's the same fight you are thinking it was Lou Savarese and Foreman successfully defended the WBU title. 1997

The fight where he initially won the title at 45 was against Moorer
Yes Moore. Wasn’t Foreman losing the fight but got in a good punch and KO’d him?

I hope Mike knocks his ass out but in true Iron Mike fashion, will have to get it done in the first two rounds. Anything after that he’s toast

Yeah it's a joke title. Not a real Champion. I follow boxing, do you?

That title was created in 1995 and is no longer even a title after 2009.

It's a paper title. They have a lot of those in boxing. It's all about the money. But it's not a real title.

And Savarese was a bum.

George Foreman was an all time great but he was not a title holder when he was 48. He gave it up at 45 and never fought again for a Title

You are not bright. Another cocky response when you don't know shit about the subject matter
And I act cocky? And I suppose you aren’t cocky? You and Pat act like you know everything.

It was a title. You aren't bright are you.
Win 76–4 Lou Savarese SD 12 Apr 26, 1997 48 years, 106 days Convention Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey, U.S. Retained WBU heavyweight title

Yes Moore. Wasn’t Foreman losing the fight but got in a good punch and KO’d him?
Foreman was too old to really box. He just had the knockout 1-2 lying in wait if Moore went in too close. It was a great moment in sports. It was also known that he relinquished the title rather than try for a 2nd miracle. This is the first time I have heard that some outfit continued to recognize him as still champion.

To answer the OP, I think repeated percussion sports have been shown to be long term harmful and we do not need them any more. Boxing is the worst.

And I act cocky? And I suppose you aren’t cocky? You and Pat act like you know everything.
That wasn't cocky. He was wrong and made a cocky comment to me. Just like you did. Both ignorant because you were wrong and got cocky

Mike Tyson lost 3 of his last 4 fights, all by stoppage (including the last 2)....the last one being in 2005. He was washed up then. There is no reason to believe that Tyson will have a George Foreman moment. Jake Paul is 27 years old. Could Tyson throw that lucky uppercut? Sure....but only if he isn't eating jabs and crosses. This fight will resemble the Lennox Lewis fight. Tyson was one month shy of his 36th birthday when Lewis destroyed him.

Mike Tyson was unable to take a punch after Lennox Lewis beat him mercilessly, in devastating fashion. That was 22 years ago. After a few rounds...Mike Tyson will not come out for the bell. His handlers won't let him.

Mike Tyson lost 3 of his last 4 fights, all by stoppage (including the last 2)....the last one being in 2005. He was washed up then. There is no reason to believe that Tyson will have a George Foreman moment. Jake Paul is 27 years old. Could Tyson throw that lucky uppercut? Sure....but only if he isn't eating jabs and crosses. This fight will resemble the Lennox Lewis fight. Tyson was one month shy of his 36th birthday when Lewis destroyed him.

Mike Tyson was unable to take a punch after Lennox Lewis beat him mercilessly, in devastating fashion. That was 22 years ago. After a few rounds...Mike Tyson will not come out for the bell. His handlers won't let him.
Foreman was not Tyson. Tyson at 58 looks to be in much better shape than Big George ever did. Iron Mike looks really good. He’s not fighting the heavy weight champ he will be fighting a tin can.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Foreman was not Tyson. Tyson at 58 looks to be in much better shape than Big George ever did. Iron Mike looks really good. He’s not fighting the heavy weight champ he will be fighting a tin can.
George was better than Mike. And him at 45 would have killed 58 year old Mike. That a terrible comparison

But you are right, he's not fighting the heavyweight champ. He's fighting a smaller guy who is new to boxing.

And there's a very real chance he gets beat up

George was better than Mike. And him at 45 would have killed 58 year old Mike. That a terrible comparison

But you are right, he's not fighting the heavyweight champ. He's fighting a smaller guy who is new to boxing.

And there's a very real chance he gets beat up
You are so full of cramp. Foreman was never better than Tyson. You can’t be serious. Tyson by many people consider him to be the second greatest heavyweight champ of all time.

Foreman better then Tyson is just plan dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
You are so full of cramp. Foreman was never better than Tyson. You can’t be serious. Tyson by many people consider him to be the second greatest heavyweight champ of all time.

No they don't. Fanboys who dont follow the sport or know the history might think that.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

2nd greatest heavyweight of all time

🤣🤣🤣🤣

No they don't. Fanboys who dont follow the sport or know the history might think that.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣
This coming from a fanboy like yourself. You are a wrong and cocky POS!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yes second best behind Muhammad Ali.

Yes second best behind Muhammad Ali.
That is hilarious

🤣🤣🤣

There's historians and people on the sport who don't consider him a top 10 heavyweight.

Hes not close to number 2 heavyweights

Last edited:
Time will tell. I would suggest looking at the 20+year old videos of Tyson's last 4 fights. He was knocked out in all three losses. His decline was substantial and he was 36 years old then. Jake Paul is a strong kid with fast enough hands. He's coming off of consecutive knockouts....6 of his 9 wins are by KO...so the kid has power, which is something that Tyson couldn't handle late in his active career. If Tyson was even 10 years younger, I would say his odds of winning might be even. Not at age 58. Paul can wait him out in the ring and drain him of his ability to fight back. Sure, its show business....and about the cash....for both of them. Tyson isn't afraid to lose and get paid...that was where he was late in his career. But that was a generation ago. Paul is going to drain him and finish him. Frankly.....alot of fighters would be doing the same at this late stage of Tyson's life.

They both won by out powering the other guy and knocking him out. Their boxing skill seemed good but not the greatest. I don't know how you guess which was better in his prime.

His resume and common opponent does not support that
WEll there is Leon SPinks and Larry Holmes...

It seems to me that Tyson and Foreman got in trouble when fighters learned specific styles to fight them and they couldn't just overpower people.

From wikipedia

Ahead of the fight, the betting odds were 5 to 1 in favor of Tyson.[2] Tyson came out fast and sent Holyfield reeling with his first solid punch. Holyfield, who had studied Tyson's style intensively, later explained that Tyson dipped to his left, from which position he usually loaded up a left hook, but on this occasion surprised Holyfield by firing a right cross.

WEll there is Leon SPinks and Larry Holmes...

It seems to me that Tyson and Foreman got in trouble when fighters learned specific styles to fight them and they couldn't just overpower people.

From wikipedia
Foreman never fought Leon Spinks or Larry Holmes.

Tyson never fought Leon Spinks. He fought Michael, who was a real light heavyweight (and a good one) but not a real heavyweight. And Tyson beat up an old Holmes

Foreman knocked out Joe Frazier twice and knocked out Kenny Norton

Tyson was a bully (and a damn good one) but if you can take his punch and fight back, he would fold. Buster gave the blue print. And then Holyfield and Lewis embarrassed him

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Rating boxers who never fought each other or common opponents is so damn subjective. Having watched both during their entire careers, I think Foreman was the More dominant boxer; and I think a match between them in their prime would have been a bad night for Tyson. I don’t think Tyson’s swarming style would have been effective against someone so much bigger and so damn strong, who had a damn good jab and an incredibly powerful accurate body punch.

Seriously? Nobody that’s 57 can fight.
Well that's not true.

But I don't know the rules. How many rounds? If it's a 4 round fight, Tyson will have a chance. If not, he will be in trouble

Jake Paul is newer to boxing and is not a heavyweight.

But I would pick Paul to win but it is a wild event

Back to this fight… my issue is it’s all about money and they both make out the best if Paul wins and Tyson gets paid a ton of money to make sure he wins.

Even at this age Tyson wins if he wants to, but if he gets paid $20M extra to take a punch and fall why not

Back to this fight… my issue is it’s all about money and they both make out the best if Paul wins and Tyson gets paid a ton of money to make sure he wins.

Even at this age Tyson wins if he wants to, but if he gets paid $20M extra to take a punch and fall why not
Tyson doesn't win this fight if he wants to. Your acting like it's a given if he wanted to. It's not

He's old and shot. And Paul is young and active

Mike Tyson was the greatest undefeated heavyweight of all time until Robin Givens destroyed him.

• Haha
It’s crazy that most of you think Tyson will kill him at age 58…I’m wondering if most of you are young guys that don’t understand what age does to the body or older guys in denial.

Foreman never fought Leon Spinks or Larry Holmes.

Tyson never fought Leon Spinks. He fought Michael, who was a real light heavyweight (and a good one) but not a real heavyweight. And Tyson beat up an old Holmes

Foreman knocked out Joe Frazier twice and knocked out Kenny Norton

Tyson was a bully (and a damn good one) but if you can take his punch and fight back, he would fold. Buster gave the blue print. And then Holyfield and Lewis embarrassed him
Holmes beat Spinks&Ali. Tyson beat Holmes. I was making fun of the transitive property in dealing with old boxers past their prime.

My karate teacher at ND said that Tyson knocked people out with a pressure point combo from the chest and head. And that Tyson had trouble when opponents wouldn't let him get to their ribs. I have no idea if it's true. I would have rather seen Tyson fight a very technical boxer from the past more than learning who was the better mauler.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT