ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishjohn68

All Star
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2003
Who is everyone rooting for. I don’t have a dog in the fight and I kind of like both teams. I have always been a big Joe Montana fan (but I was never a big 49’ers fan) so I like San Fran. How ever I really would like to see Drew Tranquill win a SB ring. Not sure if there is a former ND guys on SF.

Cheers to a great game and the end of football 2023-24.

Chiefs 24 49er’s 23. HT 13

Thanks Alice. I don’t know how I forgot about Banks. I wish Mike McGinchey was still playing for SF.

Reactions: irishalice
If KC won 6,000,000 to -50 I'd ask Andy Reid why he didn't pour it on

Who is everyone rooting for. I don’t have a dog in the fight and I kind of like both teams. I have always been a big Joe Montana fan (but I was never a big 49’ers fan) so I like San Fran. How ever I really would like to see Drew Tranquill win a SB ring. Not sure if there is a former ND guys on SF.

Cheers to a great game and the end of football 2023-24.

Chiefs 24 49er’s 23. HT 13
Like DT but find Swift annoying!

I’m rooting for SF, but muck like the Pats and TB, until I see them lose I will never bet against PM/AR/KC.

It’s been kind of sloppy, kind of good, kind of weird but a whole hell of a lot of fun. Wish the TV commercials where better. 🤣🤣

Reactions: irishalice
Any more question who the next GOAT QB is going to be?
No doubt Mahomes was clutch when KC needed him the most very GOATish/Brady like but KC D was mvp today they kept Mahomes in the game when O was spuddering . Very NE win and man if you need a kick in the balls collapse Kyle Shanahan is your man.

If you compare Mahomes first 7 seasons vs Brady’s first it’s not even close and Patrick is only 28. He has a lot of football left.

How can you look at the stats over there first 7 seasons how can you possibly not think PM will be the GOAT? Seriously how?
I'm not comparing them after 7 seasons. I have no idea what Pat will do after this year or what he will accomplish

Can he pass Brady, yes. But as of now he's not close and has alooong way to go

Reactions: Pennick4
How can you look at the stats over there first 7 seasons how can you possibly not think PM will be the GOAT? Seriously how?

Because the first SB championships are the easy ones. Playing at an elite level for over 20 years is very rare.

Mahomes is off to a great start, but he is just getting into the second quarter.

I'm not comparing them after 7 seasons. I have no idea what Pat will do after this year or what he will accomplish

Can he pass Brady, yes. But as of now he's not close and has alooong way to go
Do you even understand what I’m saying? Side by side PM is better. Really this should have been his 4th SB win.

Do you even understand what I’m saying? Side by side PM is better. Really this should have been his 4th SB win.
TB defense beat the shit out of Mahomes not exactly all his fault his oline was decimated but no chance he was close in that game.

TB defense beat the shit out of Mahomes not exactly all his fault his oline was decimated but no chance he was close in that game.
The KC O line was crippled and TB had a great DL
anyone that thought KC was going to win that game is a moron
blaming Mahomes can only come from another moron

The KC O line was crippled and TB had a great DL
anyone that thought KC was going to win that game is a moron
blaming Mahomes can only come from another moron
I agree but to say he should have 4 Superbowls was what I was disagreeing with.

And Brady should have 10.

Why his 4th? Tb smoked him. They had no chance
Two things 1. Mahomes had an injured toe in the SB and 2. Andy Reeds son was arrest before the SB causing a big distraction to the Chiefs team.

Now Tampa won the game but (and a big but) if the chiefs does not have that could have been a much different game.

Two things 1. Mahomes had an injured toe in the SB and 2. Andy Reeds son was arrest before the SB causing a big distraction to the Chiefs team.

Now Tampa won the game but (and a big but) if the chiefs does not have that could have been a much different game.
They got smoked. You can't say he should have 4 when he wasn't even close in the game.

Brady could actually have 10

We all understand the trajectory but most realize how hard it is to keep winning. He will have to win 3 more to be the GOAT. 2 more, the discussion begins. And guys like Peyton Manning, John Elway won 2- things can change quickly in this league.

They got smoked. You can't say he should have 4 when he wasn't even close in the game.

Brady could actually have 10
You are right. I should never have said that. Your are dead right. However without the two facts I stated I’d would’ve been a different game.

Mahomes was injured (toe) and Reeds son was a distraction
KC Oline being decimated & TB defense was legit good were bigger factors. Having said that Mahomes earned alot of legacy points in this Superbowl. Last 2 drives were as clutch as it gets.

We all understand the trajectory but most realize how hard it is to keep winning. He will have to win 3 more to be the GOAT. 2 more, the discussion begins. And guys like Peyton Manning, John Elway won 2- things can change quickly in this league.
Why does he have to win 3 more (actually 4)? Bill Russell has 11 rings but Jordan with only 6 is better? Who’s better Dan Marino or Trent Dilfer or Joe Flacco or Jim Plunket? Rings are not and will not be the end all be all. Watch the games.

lol: "Andy Reeds son was arrest".

SO relevant!

Reactions: Golson5
Pete Carols brain fart call gifted Brady with one; you rather conveniently forgot that
NE D won 1st one for sure pick 6 & also held greatest show on turf to 17 pts
NE D held NYG to 17 should of been enough to win
NE D held NYG to 21 should of been enough to win
NE D held LA Rams to 3
NE D & Carroll saved another
NE vs Atl game Kyle Shanahan made the 2nd worst call in SB history up 8 with under 4 minutes to play 1st & 10 at the NE 22 all he has to do is call 3 safe running plays & kick the fg but calls a pass Ryan takes a 12 yard sack then a hold penalty knocks them of of fg range.
TB D dominated Chiefs
Brady is great/clutch but the notion he should have more than 7 is crazy & lets be honest he had alot of good luck & huge help from his D and Special teams every Super Bowl

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT