ADVERTISEMENT

SEC CHANTS

NDTitan

Shakes Down The Thunder
Jan 1, 2016
Very annoying. Georgia, Alabama, and Kentucky fans chanted SEC instead of praising their own teams at the end of their bowl games. Pathetic imo.

Bama is lucky they didn’t have to play Ohio State.

Auburn lost to Minnefrickensota.

Georgia and LSU played the B12, the shittiest conference in the land.

Gimme a damn break. Trashy ass fans!

I hardly think conference pride is pathetic. The SEC is top heavy but those teams are great, I think UK fans and those teams (Tennessee, Vandy, South Carolina, Texas A and M, ole Miss, Mississippi State, hitch their wagon and think that they deserve the same praise...they don't.

I dislike the SEC as much as anyone, but you can't deny the fact that they've dominated the decade, regardless of it is the same 4 teams that win/dominate.

Notre Dame fans don't understand how great conference play is and how competing with other conferences in these bowl games to be the best is bragging rights. Personally I think it's cool and it fuels hatred between fan bases and conferences which is what college football is all about. Regional rivalries, Conference rivalries, maybe one day we will get in that picture.

Reactions: d1042
I grew up a Kentucky Faithful back in my younger days. I did my homework by the fire while listening to Cawood and the Baron talk basketball. I had a big struggle when KY and Notre Dame played in the 60's and 70's. ND became more to me in the 80's and I tore up my Kentucky Faithful card when BBN emerged about the time of Pitino arrival. He always talked like he was bigger than UK Basketball. I would no more chant SEC than I would ACC now. You may belong to a conference but I would never celebrate another schools victory. They probably defeated my school on the way to that victory. Screw that school in my world. It's why I love ND's partial independence in football. We celebrate our 11-2 season and give no other school credit. N O T R E D A M E ... N O T R E D A M E ... N O T R E D A M E!!! I get carried away sometimes.:D:D:D

Reactions: irishalice
I remember before we beat LSU in the bowl game a couple years ago everyone said it’s the SEC, they’re too fast and too physical for us. I remember everyone said Auburn was too tough for Minnesota too. The list goes on and on...

Well, the SEC has been dominant this bowl season (not that single one-off games are the be-all, end-all).

In current NFL mocks, I see that many have

—5 of the top 8 picks from the SEC
—7 of the top 16
—17 of the top 32 (more than half of all first round picks)
—25 of the first 64

I think these numbers will drop a bit after the combine when other players from all over the country show great athleticism, but still—this type of talent concentrated in one conference is crazy.

Alabama’s and Georgia’s crazy recruiting is resulting in NFL draft picks:

First Round: 6 from Alabama, 3 from Georgia
Second round: 4 from Alabama, 2 from Georgia

At least they don't get their hands on snowballs and start using them as rounds from an A10 Warthog, hitting sweet little innocent cheerleaders, NBC cameramen, me, the guy next to me, the guy next to him, players, sideline reporters, anything that moved. LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT