ADVERTISEMENT

If You Have It I Highly Recommended Everyone Listen.....

deadirishpoet

All Star
Jun 1, 2003
....to Full Ride SeriousXM College Sports where Rick Neuheisel said
"when Jordan Travis went down it became convenient for the committee to drop FSU and put Alabama in which meant you have to put Texas in and that if the SEC wasn't represented at any time in the playoff (as per Micheal Slive) the SEC would take their ball and go home"
Now there was that Idiot Chris Childers (Alabama Homer) continually interupting which i cut out of the quotations
But Rick Neuheisel continued that he "believed if Ga won FSU would be in and Texas would be out, and jilting the Big 12 is jilting the monster from the southeast"
Childers said later the there are only two conferences in college football...the SEC and the Big 10

The fix in in.
It has always been in, but a weaker SEC exposed it

I heard it. Childers is a fan boy. He absolutely is the Baba Booey of that show but thinks he's a serious journalist. He is indispensable as comic relief. His value goes up in the dog days of Feb-July.

Neuheisel also brought up maybe Meat Chicken should be out. 9 of their 13 opponents were in the bottom 30 of CFB in offense. And they have been accused of cheating.

He also stated that the ACC dug their own grave by blocking the 12 team playoff which was supposed to start this year.

Still, I believe FSU got hosed.

I heard it. Childers is a fan boy. He absolutely is the Baba Booey of that show but thinks he's a serious journalist. He is indispensable as comic relief. His value goes up in the dog days of Feb-July.

Neuheisel also brought up maybe Meat Chicken should be out. 9 of their 13 opponents were in the bottom 30 of CFB in offense. And they have been accused of cheating.

He also stated that the ACC dug their own grave by blocking the 12 team playoff which was supposed to start this year.

Still, I believe FSU got hosed.
Rick Neuheisel said by his calculations Washington should of been #1

Just the point the only reason Texas was invited was because Alabama needed to get in belittle Texas and their achievements
It's also interesting the committee put Alabama against the team whose the weakest out if the four and that's the reason Michigan was put in the top spot

"when Jordan Travis went down it became convenient for the committee to drop FSU and put Alabama in which meant you have to put Texas in and that if the SEC wasn't represented at any time in the playoff (as per Micheal Slive) the SEC would take their ball and go home"
Now there was that Idiot Chris Childers (Alabama Homer) continually interupting which i cut out of the quotations
But Rick Neuheisel continued that he "believed if Ga won FSU would be in and Texas would be out, and jilting the Big 12 is jilting the monster from the southeast"
Childers said later the there are only two conferences in college football...the SEC and the Big 10

The fix in in.
They dropped FSU because they can't compete with those on the playoffs. If Georgia doesn't have a bunch of sit outs...they will blow out FSU.

Conspiracy theory: The PAC 12 has already had its exodus to the B1G. The ACC is likely going to lose teams to the SEC...(one of whom is FSU)...so they lack the clout as a conference to challenge and fight their way into the playoffs in the decision room. IOW....their ship is sailing anyway.....so might as well help them hoist the anchor?

They dropped FSU because they can't compete with those on the playoffs. If Georgia doesn't have a bunch of sit outs...they will blow out FSU.
So this will be the first time in the CFP history an undefeated conference champion wasn't invited due to an injury....how convenient for Bama, and the SEC

Reactions: NDblitz
So this will be the first time in the CFP history an undefeated conference champion wasn't invited due to an injury....how convenient for Bama, and the SEC
Yet the committee did not follow their same flawed process when they selected Liberty for a NY6 bowl instead of SMU. SMU is by far the better team compared to Liberty, so if it's the "Best" teams they are selecting, why Liberty over SMU?

Yet the committee did not follow their same flawed process when they selected Liberty for a NY6 bowl instead of SMU. SMU is by far the better team compared to Liberty, so if it's the "Best" teams they are selecting, why Liberty over SMU?
This has now become an invitational

This has now become an invitational
Wrong. I suggest you read up on the cfp selection committee before you make dumb comments. The teams for NY6 are selected by the committee and the bowls pick out of the selected teams.

"10. PAIRINGS FOR SELECTED OTHER BOWL GAMES
All displaced conference champions and the highest‐ranked champion from a non‐contract conference, as ranked by the committee, will participate in selected other bowl games and will be assigned to those games by the selection committee."

Wrong. I suggest you read up on the cfp selection committee before you make dumb comments. The teams for NY6 are selected by the committee and the bowls pick out of the selected teams.

"10. PAIRINGS FOR SELECTED OTHER BOWL GAMES
All displaced conference champions and the highest‐ranked champion from a non‐contract conference, as ranked by the committee, will participate in selected other bowl games and will be assigned to those games by the selection committee."

Hum let's test that theory.
1 -Would Ga be favored over Michigan,Texas,Washington,Bama?
2- Would tOSU be favored over
Michigan,Texas,Washington, Bama?

Clearly the answer is those two would be favor over some if not all of them for sure.
FSU gets passed due an injured QB. The first time that has ever happened and their explanation was their injured QB was the reason they were dropped(first time ever an injury has ever disqualified a team from playing in the playoffs, but good enough to play in a Jan 1 Bowl game)
The selection committee answer was they want the four best teams out there......really?
If that was the case the Bulldogs for sure will be favored over two if not three and tOSU would be favored over Texas, maybe over Bama
Now lets look at Michigan being ranked #1. What criteria did they use for that?
So as I've said this has became an invitational
So smart guy how do you squire that with their criteria.

Reactions: NDSMC78 and NDinNJ
Hum let's test that theory.
1 -Would Ga be favored over Michigan,Texas,Washington,Bama?
2- Would tOSU be favored over
Michigan,Texas,Washington, Bama?

Clearly the answer is those two would be favor over some if not all of them for sure.
FSU gets passed due an injured QB. The first time that has ever happened and their explanation was their injured QB was the reason they were dropped(first time ever an injury has ever disqualified a team from playing in the playoffs, but good enough to play in a Jan 1 Bowl game)
The selection committee answer was they want the four best teams out there......really?
If that was the case the Bulldogs for sure will be favored over two if not three and tOSU would be favored over Texas, maybe over Bama
Now lets look at Michigan being ranked #1. What criteria did they use for that?
So as I've said this has became an invitational
So smart guy how do you squire that with their criteria.
I AGREE WITH YOU! My comment was comparing how the committee excluded FSU by claiming the "4 Best" criteria, yet they selected Liberty at 13-0 for a NY6 bowl over SMU at 12-1 and won their conference championship vs Tulane and is far and away a better team then Liberty. I'm showing the committee's hypocrisy.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
I AGREE WITH YOU! My comment was comparing how the committee excluded FSU by claiming the "4 Best" criteria, yet they selected Liberty at 13-0 for a NY6 bowl over SMU at 12-1 and won their conference championship vs Tulane and is far and away a better team then Liberty. I'm showing the committee's hypocrisy.
I tip my hat

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ

The fix in in.
There is something to be said about “deserving,” but FSU even with Jordan Travis did not play very much like a college football playoff team. First of all, the 55th ranked SOS doesn’t help, and with that schedule, they did not dominate the competition.

It is comical listening to Chris Childers felling so bad for FSU embracing them with one arm, and with the other behind his back with his middle finger up

There is something to be said about “deserving,” but FSU even with Jordan Travis did not play very much like a college football playoff team. First of all, the 55th ranked SOS doesn’t help, and with that schedule, they did not dominate the competition.
You do realize ND had a very similar SOS. So you are saying if ND went 12-0 and got snubbed you would be ok with it? I'm very confident you along with all the others on this forum that are ok with leaving FSU out would be having a meltdown.

Reactions: NDblitz
Really a joke how the media acts like the SEC is in a league of its own. The top 5 teams in SOS are not SEC teams. 8 of the top 10 in SOS are not SEC teams. Only 4 of the top 20 are SEC teams in SOS. Hell, 8-4 Tennessee had the 49th SOS and they are going to the Citrus bowl. Everyone cries that Michigan had the 51st SOS and are #1. Meanwhile Georgia had the 45th SOS and nobody batted an eye when they were #1 last week. It is the biggest lie in college sports.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Didn't want ro swe another TCU disaster?
So he thing Michigan was going to blow out FSUs defense?
I bet if FSU did get the #4 spot Washington would of been #1
Exactly. They slowly beat the most challenged offense in P5 in the B1G title game.

You do realize ND had a very similar SOS. So you are saying if ND went 12-0 and got snubbed you would be ok with it? I'm very confident you along with all the others on this forum that are ok with leaving FSU out would be having a meltdown.
Had we gone 12-0, then we would have demonstrated a control of our games that is much stronger than what FSU demonstrated in theirs. Even as is, we were 11th in game control while FSU was 14th. When you’re 14th in game control, odds are that the 12-0 record is a bit of a fluke and likely would not hold up under a more demanding schedule AND means that you are a weaker team going into the playoffs and will have a difficult time. 14th in game control also means likely that if you play the season over again it’s likely that you won’t be undefeated.

Take a look at where each college football playoff semi-finalist over the past 10 years has ranked as far as game control is concerned. Being a top three team is a pretty good indicator that you’re going to play for a national championship. 8 of the last 10 national champions have been either 1st or 2nd in game control. The only teamsoutside of the top three in game control that ever made it to the championship game was TCU (and that was a lucky game they won) and Ohio State in the very first CFP.

Game Control Rank

Michigan, 1st
Washington, 3rd
Texas, 2nd
Alabama, 7th
FSU, 14th

Georgia, 1st—Winner
TCU, 13th—Runner Up
Ohio St., 2nd
Michigan, 7th

Georgia, 1st—Winner
Alabama, 2nd—Runner Up
Michigan, 3rd
Cincinnati, 5th

Alabama, 1st—Winner
Ohio St., 3rd—Runner Up
Clemson, 4th
Notre Dame, 12th

LSU, 1st—Winner
Clemson, 3rd—Runner Up
Ohio St., 2nd
Oklahoma, 8th

Clemson, 2nd—Winner
Alabama, 1st—Runner Up
Notre Dame, 5th
Oklahoma, 9th

Alabama, 2nd—Winner
Georgia, 3rd—Runner Up
Clemson, 4th
Oklahoma, 5th

Clemson, 2nd—Winner
Alabama, 1st—Runner Up
Ohio St., 5th
Washington, 3rd

Alabama, 1st—Winner
Clemson, 2nd—Runner Up
Oklahoma, 6th
Michigan State, 17th

Ohio St., 5th—Winner
Oregon, 1st—Runner Up
Alabama, 3rd
Florida St., 26th

Rick Neuheisel said by his calculations Washington should of been #1
Interesting.

He was Washington's HEAD COACH from 99 to 02. Could be a LOU HOLTZ-TYPE call.

But, unlke with Holtz, I'll give him the BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT that he's not being BIASED. But I'd love to see his CALCULATIONS.

Had we gone 12-0, then we would have demonstrated a control of our games that is much stronger than what FSU demonstrated in theirs. Even as is, we were 11th in game control while FSU was 14th. When you’re 14th in game control, odds are that the 12-0 record is a bit of a fluke and likely would not hold up under a more demanding schedule AND means that you are a weaker team going into the playoffs and will have a difficult time. 14th in game control also means likely that if you play the season over again it’s likely that you won’t be undefeated.

Take a look at where each college football playoff semi-finalist over the past 10 years has ranked as far as game control is concerned. Being a top three team is a pretty good indicator that you’re going to play for a national championship. 8 of the last 10 national champions have been either 1st or 2nd in game control. The only teamsoutside of the top three in game control that ever made it to the championship game was TCU (and that was a lucky game they won) and Ohio State in the very first CFP.

Game Control Rank

Michigan, 1st
Washington, 3rd
Texas, 2nd
Alabama, 7th
FSU, 14th

Georgia, 1st—Winner
TCU, 13th—Runner Up
Ohio St., 2nd
Michigan, 7th

Georgia, 1st—Winner
Alabama, 2nd—Runner Up
Michigan, 3rd
Cincinnati, 5th

Alabama, 1st—Winner
Ohio St., 3rd—Runner Up
Clemson, 4th
Notre Dame, 12th

LSU, 1st—Winner
Clemson, 3rd—Runner Up
Ohio St., 2nd
Oklahoma, 8th

Clemson, 2nd—Winner
Alabama, 1st—Runner Up
Notre Dame, 5th
Oklahoma, 9th

Alabama, 2nd—Winner
Georgia, 3rd—Runner Up
Clemson, 4th
Oklahoma, 5th

Clemson, 2nd—Winner
Alabama, 1st—Runner Up
Ohio St., 5th
Washington, 3rd

Alabama, 1st—Winner
Clemson, 2nd—Runner Up
Oklahoma, 6th
Michigan State, 17th

Ohio St., 5th—Winner
Oregon, 1st—Runner Up
Alabama, 3rd
Florida St., 26th
But not stronger than Alabama, so your BS comment failed to answer the question. You would indeed have meltdown if at 12-0 ND was left out. Nice try.

Could you imagine the NFL or any sport for that matter decide to exclude a team with a better record and include a team in the playoffs with a worst record because of an injury. This is how completely idiotic the selection committee is.

Last edited:
But not stronger than Alabama, so your BS comment failed to answer the question. You would indeed have meltdown if at 12-0 ND was left out. Nice try.

Could you imagine the NFL or any sport for that matter decide to exclude a team with a better record and include a team in the playoffs with a worst record because of an injury. This is how completely idiotic the selection committee is.
As evident from this reply and from most of your replies on these boards, you do not possess the intellectual capacity to understand a nuanced argument, and there’s no point in me trying.

Reactions: Pennick4
Interesting.

He was Washington's HEAD COACH from 99 to 02. Could be a LOU HOLTZ-TYPE call.

But, unlke with Holtz, I'll give him the BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT that he's not being BIASED. But I'd love to see his CALCULATIONS.
You know I forgot that.....there could be some bias there

Reactions: 4-4-3
As evident from this reply and from most of your replies on these boards, you do not possess the intellectual capacity to understand a nuanced argument, and there’s no point in me trying.
Again, you fail to answer the question, and you clearly can't comprehend my point which is that results in the field are what matter.

There is a reason they play the games. If they based everything off of statistics, the Dodgers would have been crowned MLB champions, and it would have been an Astros Dodgers world series, instead we got Rangers Phillies.

Most numbers guys lack common sense and street smarts. You clearly lack both.

Last edited:
Again, you fail to answer the question, and you clearly can't comprehend my point which is that results in the field are what matter.

There is a reason they play the games. If they based everything off of statistics, the Dodgers would have been crowned MLB champions, and it would have been an Astros Dodgers world series, instead we got Rangers Phillies.

Most numbers guys lack common sense and street smarts. You clearly lack both.
Results do matter but they matter throughout the game—that’s what game control is. That’s what oddsmakers look at. The best teams that wind up playing in the championship game control their opponents and them winning seems inevitable. FSU did not do so, and didn’t do so against a mediocre schedule. Had FSU dominated their schedule and controlled their games, it would be in the playoffs. You look at results as only the final score, but when determining, which team is better, you have to look further than that. ALL the meaningful plays during the entire season, our “results,” not just the final win loss record if we are trying to determine which the four best teams are.

Game Control Rank

Michigan, 1st
Washington, 3rd
Texas, 2nd
Alabama, 7th
FSU, 14th

Georgia, 1st—Winner
TCU, 13th—Runner Up
Ohio St., 2nd
Michigan, 7th

Georgia, 1st—Winner
Alabama, 2nd—Runner Up
Michigan, 3rd
Cincinnati, 5th

Alabama, 1st—Winner
Ohio St., 3rd—Runner Up
Clemson, 4th
Notre Dame, 12th

LSU, 1st—Winner
Clemson, 3rd—Runner Up
Ohio St., 2nd
Oklahoma, 8th

Clemson, 2nd—Winner
Alabama, 1st—Runner Up
Notre Dame, 5th
Oklahoma, 9th

Alabama, 2nd—Winner
Georgia, 3rd—Runner Up
Clemson, 4th
Oklahoma, 5th

Clemson, 2nd—Winner
Alabama, 1st—Runner Up
Ohio St., 5th
Washington, 3rd

Alabama, 1st—Winner
Clemson, 2nd—Runner Up
Oklahoma, 6th
Michigan State, 17th

Ohio St., 5th—Winner
Oregon, 1st—Runner Up
Alabama, 3rd
Florida St., 26th

FSU falls short.

Usually when people talk about “numbers guys lack sense,” they don’t understand the numbers and of course do not possess the intellectual capacity to come up with measures that seek to see how “good” a team is without relying completely on a very small data set of 12-13 wins or losses.

I’m sorry you cannot understand this.

Last edited:
For me that the committee jumped Alabama due to an injury and beliving FSUs defense could keep Bama down though Auburns defense did just fine.
Do you believe Ga would be favored over Michigan, or Texas? The reason I ask is if the committee didn't belive FSU would be competitive would Ga be move competitive than any of the four? How about tOSU?
Its not just the optics of it
It's also the spirit if the game as well in my opinion.
I know it's all said and done now other than the haggling, but in noway did this help moving forward

For me that the committee jumped Alabama due to an injury and beliving FSUs defense could keep Bama down though Auburns defense did just fine.
Do you believe Ga would be favored over Michigan, or Texas? The reason I ask is if the committee didn't belive FSU would be competitive would Ga be move competitive than any of the four? How about tOSU?
Its not just the optics of it
It's also the spirit if the game as well in my opinion.
I know it's all said and done now other than the haggling, but in noway did this help moving forward
Alabama and or Georgia would blow out FSU. FSU maybe more deserving but not one of the 4 best without their starting QB.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Results do matter but they matter throughout the game—that’s what game control is. That’s what oddsmakers look at. The best teams that wind up playing in the championship game control their opponents and them winning seems inevitable. FSU did not do so, and didn’t do so against a mediocre schedule. Had FSU dominated their schedule and controlled their games, it would be in the playoffs. You look at results as only the final score, but when determining, which team is better, you have to look further than that. ALL the meaningful plays during the entire season, our “results,” not just the final win loss record if we are trying to determine which the four best teams are.

Game Control Rank

Michigan, 1st
Washington, 3rd
Texas, 2nd
Alabama, 7th
FSU, 14th

Georgia, 1st—Winner
TCU, 13th—Runner Up
Ohio St., 2nd
Michigan, 7th

Georgia, 1st—Winner
Alabama, 2nd—Runner Up
Michigan, 3rd
Cincinnati, 5th

Alabama, 1st—Winner
Ohio St., 3rd—Runner Up
Clemson, 4th
Notre Dame, 12th

LSU, 1st—Winner
Clemson, 3rd—Runner Up
Ohio St., 2nd
Oklahoma, 8th

Clemson, 2nd—Winner
Alabama, 1st—Runner Up
Notre Dame, 5th
Oklahoma, 9th

Alabama, 2nd—Winner
Georgia, 3rd—Runner Up
Clemson, 4th
Oklahoma, 5th

Clemson, 2nd—Winner
Alabama, 1st—Runner Up
Ohio St., 5th
Washington, 3rd

Alabama, 1st—Winner
Clemson, 2nd—Runner Up
Oklahoma, 6th
Michigan State, 17th

Ohio St., 5th—Winner
Oregon, 1st—Runner Up
Alabama, 3rd
Florida St., 26th

FSU falls short.

Usually when people talk about “numbers guys lack sense,” they don’t understand the numbers and of course do not possess the intellectual capacity to come up with measures that seek to see how “good” a team is without relying completely on a very small data set of 12-13 wins or losses.

I’m sorry you cannot understand this.
LOL I understand numbers very well, especially as it relates to business. I know my KPI's, P&L, rolling 12, etc.

Numbers are important, but they aren't everything. There are intangibles and there is the human factor. I've hired and fired a bunch over the years and I can tell you one important lesson I've learned. Someone or something looking better than someone or something else on paper, doesn't necessarily translate to better performance.

Again there are many that may have not had the opportunities, but yet they have the drive, desire and fortitude to excel which sets them apart from those that may look like clear winners on paper.

The facts are FSU, regardless of what stats you throw out, are undefeated. They ran the table on their schedule. Alabama and Texas each failed to accomplish that feat. Yet they are being rewarded for their failures because they look better on paper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT