ADVERTISEMENT

If You Have It I Highly Recommended Everyone Listen.....

LOL I understand numbers very well, especially as it relates to business. I know my KPI's, P&L, rolling 12, etc.

Numbers are important, but they aren't everything. There are intangibles and there is the human factor. I've hired and fired a bunch over the years and I can tell you one important lesson I've learned. Someone or something looking better than someone or something else on paper, doesn't necessarily translate to better performance.

Again there are many that may have not had the opportunities, but yet they have the drive, desire and fortitude to excel which sets them apart from those that may look like clear winners on paper.

The facts are FSU, regardless of what stats you throw out, are undefeated. They ran the table on their schedule. Alabama and Texas each failed to accomplish that feat. Yet they are being rewarded for their failures because they look better on paper.
Yeah ..because those teams are better than FSU without their starting QB.
Stop the fake outrage.

Yeah ..because those teams are better than FSU without their starting QB.
Stop the fake outrage.
Ok president of the Paul Finebaum fan club. You lost all credibility years ago when you stated BVG was a a great hire. You couldn't sniff talent if it crawled up your ass.

LOL I understand numbers very well, especially as it relates to business. I know my KPI's, P&L, rolling 12, etc.

Numbers are important, but they aren't everything. There are intangibles and there is the human factor. I've hired and fired a bunch over the years and I can tell you one important lesson I've learned. Someone or something looking better than someone or something else on paper, doesn't necessarily translate to better performance.

Again there are many that may have not had the opportunities, but yet they have the drive, desire and fortitude to excel which sets them apart from those that may look like clear winners on paper.

The facts are FSU, regardless of what stats you throw out, are undefeated. They ran the table on their schedule. Alabama and Texas each failed to accomplish that feat. Yet they are being rewarded for their failures because they look better on paper.
You do realize that 13-0 are “numbers,” too, right? As to the rest of your points, FSU also didn’t look better in the eye test, which is corroborated by the fact that they couldn’t control their games and dominate their opponents who by and large weren’t very good.

When you continue to talk about “results” “performance,” it becomes clear to me that you do not understand the numbers at all. The issue is that FSU’s PERFORMANCE wasn’t that strong, which is why they could not dominate their opponents, nor could they control their games meaning that it’s highly likely that they’re perfect record is in large part due to luck and circumstance, and unlikely to be repeated if the season were played again.

To hell with deserving it hah?
Is Ga one of the four best?
Georgia is definitely one of the best four teams and is better than Alabama. Georgia would be favored over Alabama if they played tomorrow. Georgia would be favored over Washington by quite a bit. If they play tomorrow Georgia would be favored over Texas. Now Georgia blew it by losing to a lesser team in Alabama and so Alabama you could say deserves it but there’s nothing that points to the fact that Alabama is better than Georgia.

Georgia is definitely one of the best four teams and is better than Alabama. Georgia would be favored over Alabama if they played tomorrow. Georgia would be favored over Washington by quite a bit. If they play tomorrow Georgia would be favored over Texas. Now Georgia blew it by losing to a lesser team in Alabama and so Alabama you could say deserves it but there’s nothing that points to the fact that Alabama is better than Georgia.
So then not only did FSU get screwed so did the bulldogs ?

For me that the committee jumped Alabama due to an injury and beliving FSUs defense could keep Bama down though Auburns defense did just fine.
Do you believe Ga would be favored over Michigan, or Texas? The reason I ask is if the committee didn't belive FSU would be competitive would Ga be move competitive than any of the four? How about tOSU?
Its not just the optics of it
It's also the spirit if the game as well in my opinion.
I know it's all said and done now other than the haggling, but in noway did this help moving forward
Georgia would be favored over every team with the exception of Michigan maybe.

Ohio State will be favored over everyone except for Michigan and Georgia
For me that the committee jumped Alabama due to an injury and beliving FSUs defense could keep Bama down though Auburns defense did just fine.
Do you believe Ga would be favored over Michigan, or Texas? The reason I ask is if the committee didn't belive FSU would be competitive would Ga be move competitive than any of the four? How about tOSU?
Its not just the optics of it
It's also the spirit if the game as well in my opinion.
I know it's all said and done now other than the haggling, but in noway did this help moving forward
Georgia will be favored over everyone except for maybe Michigan. Ohio State will be favored over everyone except for Michigan and Georgia.

If it were up to me, I would have Georgia as part of the top four. I don’t think FSU got screwed at all.
FSU done everything that was asked of the and finished with an untarnished record.
I read your reasoning why and performance is what caught my eye. So is that performance throughout the season, or performance on the final game prior to the playoff voting

Quite honestly yes.
The committee is charged with finding the best 4 teams.
Oh the outrage for FSU! 🤣🤣
What I don't get is why it isn't the 4 most deserving based on resume instead of trying to figure which are the 4 best. I hate the idea of choosing the 4 best instead of the 4 most deserving.

You do realize that 13-0 are “numbers,” too, right? As to the rest of your points, FSU also didn’t look better in the eye test, which is corroborated by

Yea, the numbers that matter MOST. ACTUAL RESULTS!

As for eye test, that's all based on a person's opinion. I prefer the former, results on the field. Bama and Texas have blemishes, FSU does not.

What I don't get is why it isn't the 4 most deserving based on resume instead of trying to figure which are the 4 best. I hate the idea of choosing the 4 best instead of the 4 most deserving.
Than your issue is with the criteria given to the selection committee.

As for eye test, that's all based on a person's opinion. I prefer the former, results on the field. Bama and Texas have blemishes, FSU does not.
And they triumphed over adversity in the ACC championship game

Reactions: NDinNJ

So you never did understand anything I was saying.

Here's a thought: five of the top ten revenue producing schools are in the SEC: Bama, Ga, LSU, TAMU and Florida. And Texas is on the list as pending in the SEC. That kind of clout counts....at least it does for those of us who follow the money.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
....to Full Ride SeriousXM College Sports where Rick Neuheisel said
"when Jordan Travis went down it became convenient for the committee to drop FSU and put Alabama in which meant you have to put Texas in and that if the SEC wasn't represented at any time in the playoff (as per Micheal Slive) the SEC would take their ball and go home"
Now there was that Idiot Chris Childers (Alabama Homer) continually interupting which i cut out of the quotations
But Rick Neuheisel continued that he "believed if Ga won FSU would be in and Texas would be out, and jilting the Big 12 is jilting the monster from the southeast"
Childers said later the there are only two conferences in college football...the SEC and the Big 10

The fix in in.
It has always been in, but a weaker SEC exposed it
TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!! PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!

Not knowing the in's and, out's of it could they (SEC) boycott and lock down other sports forcing ESPN/CBS to fill with unwatchable garbage for starters

Not likely. They would then be ceding the championships and television dollars to the other conferences. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Not likely. They would then be ceding the championships and television dollars to the other conferences. That doesn't make a lot of sense.
TO PROVE A POINT BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE REACTING TO LOSING OUT ON THAT.

I really feel like you lack the cognitive ability to connect two dots.

TO PROVE A POINT BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE REACTING TO LOSING OUT ON THAT.

I really feel like you lack the cognitive ability to connect two dots.

They would prove a point by not playing for championships and losing money? Gotcha.

They would prove a point by not playing for championships and losing money? Gotcha.
🤦
We found the short bus member.

The CFP would be losing out on money. Just a hint on the right answer. That's why the original comment was "take THEIR BALL (fan eyeballs and influence) and go home (refuse to participate).

🤦
We found the short bus member.

The CFP would be losing out on money. Just a hint on the right answer. That's why the original comment was "take THEIR BALL (fan eyeballs and influence) and go home (refuse to participate).

You don't know what you are talking about. The SEC would be crazy to do this. We are done.

Reactions: Pennick4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT