ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s in your final 4 and why

graceh90

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Jan 17, 2006
SEC champion Alabama (right or wrong the committee won’t exclude the SEC champ)

Undefeated B10 champion Michigan

Undefeated P12 champion Washington

For me the last one is clearly the toughest decision and it’s the age old debate about most deserving (earned on the field) vs overall better team (eye test or F+ if you believe in that stuff). some will argue Georgia is the best of the 3 remaining teams based on the eye test. FSU most deserving because they earned it as an undefeated conference champion.

My suspicion is the committee will split the difference and Texas is in having earned it as conference champion and passing the eye test over an FSU team that no longer passes the test on offense

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Bama

Florida St is gonna screwed ( 1993 karma). If Florida St had their QB then they are #3 & Texas 4. I just don’t see The committee leaving SEC champ out of top 4.

Reactions: edub72
Then the ncaa is done. It’s all a pile of BS. I am not a fan of michigan, texass or alabuma, but texass beat alabuma at home, and I don’t care if it was the 2nd game or the 50th, you play with what you got, that is why you recruit. Why can’t the second education conference be left out, that’s not written in stone. As far as fsu goes they won with a second string and third string QB, that is how it goes and they are 13-0. This shit doesn’t happen in the NFL, it’s the next man in win or loose. That’s like saying the games NOTRE DAME lost don’t count because we had some starters out. Go Irish

I think it's funny how the SEC is basically in a league of its own (in terms of quality) yet they just beat up on each other and cancel each other out.

I think it hurts the integrity of college football to leave out the SEC, everybody knows that that conference is where the highest level of college football is presently being played.

We will soon find out if Bill Hancock( chair of playoff committee) does what he said they will do and thats get the four best teams in and not the most deserving. If it is the four best(which it should be) then FSU should not be in. I dont think there is much argument that AL/TX/GA/and even osu would beat FSU and are all better football teams. There are going to be some pissed off schools this afternoon and each one can make a solid case as to why they should be in. Committee is in a no win situation but thats how it goes when you have this BS playoff system. This year more than ever, there is quite a bit of parity for at least 6-8 teams. Thank God, this stupid system is in its last year. Bring on 12 team playoff. Let the arguments begin, this is going to be quite entertaining.

So let me throw a hypothetical in here. If ND had gone 12-0 would they be in this year? If so who do you leave out. Who's your top 4 then?

I think it's funny how the SEC is basically in a league of its own (in terms of quality) yet they just beat up on each other and cancel each other out.

I think it hurts the integrity of college football to leave out the SEC, everybody knows that that conference is where the highest level of college football is presently being played.
FSU beat, dominated two of those SEC teams
Texas dominated Alabama, at Alabama.

Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU

Head to head matters. Texas deserves in over Bama. An undefeated team does not deserve to get left out. You can argue that FSU doesn’t have its starting QB, but then you can also measure that they won out with their #2 and #3 QB to remain undefeated. Rodemaker will be ready for a playoff game.

Lol, you change your story more than we change our socks. You tried to tell everyone what a really good team Miss State was. What a crock

Texas beat Bama by 10 at Bama

UGA schedule didn’t earn them anything, they lost to Bama.

Should be Mich, Wash without a doubt. FSU beat up your boy toy LSU, and won games with their 3rd string QB. they earned it.

SEC was 7-9 out of conference this year. Period. Stop

Reactions: NDinNJ
SEC champion Alabama (right or wrong the committee won’t exclude the SEC champ)

Undefeated B10 champion Michigan

Undefeated P12 champion Washington

For me the last one is clearly the toughest decision and it’s the age old debate about most deserving (earned on the field) vs overall better team (eye test or F+ if you believe in that stuff). some will argue Georgia is the best of the 3 remaining teams based on the eye test. FSU most deserving because they earned it as an undefeated conference champion.

My suspicion is the committee will split the difference and Texas is in having earned it as conference champion and passing the eye test over an FSU team that no longer passes the test on offense
The last 4 team bus is karma. A joke. Proper testimony to bull crap

The teams should be
Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU

12 team playoff should have happened 12 years ago

It will be:

UM
Washington
FSU
Texas

You cannot leave FSU out. They won all of their games. We keep score for a reason. I don't care if they won ugly or that their QB is hurt. They are undefeated. They play great defense. That counts for something. And who is to say that their defense won't be strong enough to get them into the championship game?

So it comes down to Texas, UGA and Bama. Bama beat UGA, so that leaves UGA out. Texas beat Bama on the road by 10 points. It really is a no brainer. The SEC guys will be wailing in the streets, but the committee will look like SEC sycophants if Texas is left out. And next year it will be a 12-team playoff, so this problem won't happen again.

This is easy peasy in my book.

Last edited:
Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU

Head to head matters. Texas deserves in over Bama. An undefeated team does not deserve to get left out. You can argue that FSU doesn’t have its starting QB, but then you can also measure that they won out with their #2 and #3 QB to remain undefeated. Rodemaker will be ready for a playoff game.

The 4 best teams are

Michigan
Texas
Bama
Georgia
Edub, this would be the best BCS.

Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU

I think behind closed doors they know FSU not the same team without QB. This year there’s more controversy compared to years past. Georgia is a top 4 team.

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Bama

Florida St is gonna screwed ( 1993 karma). If Florida St had their QB then they are #3 & Texas 4. I just don’t see The committee leaving SEC champ out of top 4.
Agree with this. Georgia didn’t beat anyone good enough and Florida state isn’t good enough without Travis

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

Regardless of what happened to FSU losing their QB. They earned the right to get in the playoff.

Reactions: NDinNJ and BM16
I think behind closed doors they know FSU not the same team without QB. This year there’s more controversy compared to years past. Georgia is a top 4 team.
You can’t leave out a 13-0 conference champ when the two others are getting in. FSU played better quality of opponents than Michigan did the whole season, but they won’t be ranked ahead of them

Agree with this. Georgia didn’t beat anyone good enough and Florida state isn’t good enough without Travis
Bama lost to Texas and they’re going to get rewarded? Three undefeated conference champs and the B12 champ who beat Bama in their house deserve to be the four teams

You cannot leave FSU out. They won all of their games. We keep score for a reason. I don't care if they won ugly or that their QB is hurt. They are undefeated. They play great defense. That counts for something. And who is to say that their defense won't be strong enough to get them into the championship game?

So if FSU played TX/GA/AL or osu they would be favored to win? NO fricking way. Its supposed to be the 4 best. I'm sure the committee will have them in top 4 and they will get their asses handed to them in first round

Reactions: tbonesays

So if FSU played TX/GA/AL or osu they would be favored to win? NO fricking way. Its supposed to be the 4 best. I'm sure the committee will have them in top 4 and they will get their asses handed to them in first round
Committee all week clearly explained it’s not the most deserving it’s the best… fsu is deserving but clearly not one of the best 4

You can’t leave out a 13-0 conference champ when the two others are getting in. FSU played better quality of opponents than Michigan did the whole season, but they won’t be ranked ahead of them
FSU is gonna get in. Georgia who is back to back Champs is gonna be looking from the outside. Do I think 4 teams are better than Georgia? Hell no. I'm sure the BCS committee was praying Louisville knocked out FSU.

Committee all week clearly explained it’s not the most deserving it’s the best… fsu is deserving but clearly not one of the best 4
If that’s the case , then who’s to make that determination? The games are played for a reason. Nobody thought Texas would beat Alabama in their house. Yet they did. I don’t agree FSU wouldn’t beat anyone. They have a great defense. Sure losing Travis really hurt. However, they did win all their games and should get their shot. I think if FSU is left out , that would be wrong. In truth , if you look at this years teams, no one is really dominant. Maybe Michigan. Other than that, I think the teams in the hunt for a playoff spot are pretty equal.

You are taking it out of context. They said the 4 best based on the entire body of work 13-0 ACC champion that beat 2 SEC teams and is 3-0 vs top 25 is one of the 4 best any way you slice it

Alabama had a bad loss at home and almost lost to a crappy Auburn team just two weeks ago, and you are claiming they are one of the 4 best teams? Why, because they are in the SEC?

Reactions: BM16
I agree completely. We will see if they practice what they preach. No way they should be in, but I bet they will be

If that’s the case , then who’s to make that determination? The games are played for a reason. Nobody thought Texas would beat Alabama in their house. Yet they did. I don’t agree FSU wouldn’t beat anyone. They have a great defense. Sure losing Travis really hurt. However, they did win all their games and should get their shot. I think if FSU is left out , that would be wrong. In truth , if you look at this years teams, no one is really dominant. Maybe Michigan. Other than that, I think the teams in the hunt for a playoff spot are pretty equal.
Exactly.

If the committee would decide just using their opinion and/or the eye test, then why play the regular season games before deciding? Just determine that before the season starts and get it over with.

Reactions: NDinNJ and tkirish
I think the best 4 today are

Bama
UGA
Texas
Michigan

I think this is who gets in

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

Imagine if this was the BCS era. We'd be talking about Michigan, Washington, and FSU playing for the title.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Bama not in my top 4 but everyone knows they’re the favorite to win it all if they are. This is why college football is F’d.

We all know the 4 most deserving teams are

1. Washington
2. Texas
3. FSU
4. Michigan

But we all also know the 4 best teams are

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Michigan
4. Ohio State

There’s a difference.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
You are taking it out of context. They said the 4 best based on the entire body of work 13-0 ACC champion that beat 2 SEC teams and is 3-0 vs top 25 is one of the 4 best any way you slice it

Alabama had a bad loss at home and almost lost to a crappy Auburn team just two weeks ago, and you are claiming they are one of the 4 best teams? Why, because they are in the SEC?
They just knocked off the #1 team, back to back National Champ, & 29 wins in a row Georgia. That’s about a quality win as you’re gonna get. I agree with the last 2 posters. FSU, Texas , Washington & Michigan will get in. But as a fan I would love to see Georgia & Bama in just because I think it would be a quality game

One last thing on this topic. At the very least , this season shows why more than 4 teams are needed. Next year is 12. There won’t be any questions because it will really be determined on the field, as it should

One last thing on this topic. At the very least , this season shows why more than 4 teams are needed. Next year is 12. There won’t be any questions because it will really be determined on the field, as it should
YES YES YES, thank God this 4 team playoff BS is OVER

Reactions: tkirish

ACC had a winning record against the SEC, PAC12 was far and away in a league of its own.

Watch less news, media - you’ve become a puppet.

We all know the 4 most deserving teams are

1. Washington
2. Texas
3. FSU
4. Michigan

But we all also know the 4 best teams are

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Michigan
4. Ohio State

There’s a difference.
Chase- you’re in the minority if you think Bama and OSU are better than UW- undefeated in the best conference in football.

I think the best 4 today are

Bama
UGA
Texas
Michigan

I think this is who gets in

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

Imagine if this was the BCS era. We'd be talking about Michigan, Washington, and FSU playing for the title.
BCS actually would have benefited all in 2023- UW and UM playing for the title. Trying to find reasons for the others to get in creates the chaos- those two should be playing for the Natty.

Have basically reached a point when this National Championship system really does not mean anythong more than the former vote-only system. May be even worse with fewer committe members voting compared to larger groups before.

That’s one of the reasons it’s expanding. The same can be said about other conferences too. Ohio State and Oregon for example.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT