ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
I don’t know that ND shouldn’t be 15th, they lost 2 games. Maybe it’s, org state and Bama they get a nod taking them to 12. Feels right.

I just think you have to look at teams ahead and the schedule. Has anyone played two top 10 teams at night? Has anyone play two top 20 on the road at night? Has anyone played them 4 in a row? SOS is one thing, but that’s just a ridiculous setup.

I think the committee seems to get it right. ND and OSU is a wash. Quality win against USC. Bad loss to L’ville.

If you want teams to play quality non-con schedules you don’t get better than #10 in the pac and #3 in the Big10.

ND should probably be ranked 8-11. That’s the schedule. Most teams ahead, have an opponent schedule that is 50%. Meaning, the teams they played are .500. Exception is UGA, who's opponents are in the .300

OSU has played the toughest schedule next to ND. Should be something for that one would think.

Best Clemson at night at home and it’s a top 8 team.

I have a feeling the playoff committee might drop them in at 10. Just from eye test and schedule.

They have to get that O back on track after the bye week to score some “look” points.

Great win. Go Irish

Last edited:
SOS for both Michigan and Georgia is over 110 right now while the Irish is top 5. OSU is a respectable 65. In order to qualify for the playoffs SOS should be below 50. Michigan got beat up by Georgia and TCU who had no business in being in the playoffs to begin with

Reactions: ftnfan62
I don’t know that ND shouldn’t be 15th, they lost 2 games. Maybe it’s, org state and Bama they get a nod taking them to 12. Feels right.

I just think you have to look at teams ahead and the schedule. Has anyone played two top 10 teams at night? Has anyone play two top 20 on the road at night? Has anyone played them 4 in a row? SOS is one thing, but that’s just a ridiculous setup.

I think the committee seems to get it right. ND and OSU is a wash. Quality win against USC. Bad loss to L’ville.

If you want teams to play quality non-con schedules you don’t get better than #10 in the pac and #3 in the Big10.

ND should probably be ranked 8-11. That’s the schedule. Most teams ahead, have an opponent schedule that is 50%. Meaning, the teams they played are .500. Exception is UGA, who's opponents are in the .300

OSU has played the toughest schedule next to ND. Should be something for that one would think.

Best Clemson at night at home and it’s a top 8 team.

I have a feeling the playoff committee might drop them in at 10. Just from eye test and schedule.

They have to get that O back on track after the bye week to score some “look” points.

Great win. Go Irish
PAC 12 is about to go through that. They all play each other the next 6 weeks.

ND didn’t just suffer a close loss to Louisville, they were dominated at every level and despite how they rebound with the balance of their schedule, that loss will have a significant impact on their ranking

PAC 12 is about to go through that. They all play each other the next 6 weeks.
Watching Oregon-Washington and watching Penn State-Ohio State are two different offensive worlds.

ND didn’t just suffer a close loss to Louisville, they were dominated at every level and despite how they rebound with the balance of their schedule, that loss will have a significant impact on their ranking
I don’t see a dominance at every level with a 4 point diff going into the 4th. ND dropped a sure TD and FG or that game is down to the wire. 4th quarter they were beat for sure. But that was a game into the 4th.

I don’t see a dominance at every level with a 4 point diff going into the 4th. ND dropped a sure TD and FG or that game is down to the wire. 4th quarter they were beat for sure. But that was a game into the 4th.
Last I looked, college football was a four quarter game, not three quarters, but four quarters.

ND looked mediocre for the entire game, unless you consider 44 yards gained running as an outstanding performance !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT