ADVERTISEMENT

Revisiting 12 team play off

If that were true....Gonzaga would be the 2021 college basketball champions. There has to be a championship game....meaning, the winner is the champion. They had a better season than Baylor.
There has to be what?

If that were true....Gonzaga would be the 2021 college basketball champions. There has to be a championship game....meaning, the winner is the champion. They had a better season than Baylor.
And exactly why I loved College football; just because you get hot at the end of the year meant nothing; only those teams that maintained it all year won it
Your way lets teams that really do not deserve it get a shot

And exactly why I loved College football; just because you get hot at the end of the year meant nothing; only those teams that maintained it all year won it
Your way lets teams that really do not deserve it get a shot
The issue with college football is the massive discrepancy between schedules.

2012 is a good example. #1 Kansas St lost to a 4-5 Baylor team mid November. Had they won, the National Title would’ve been Kansas St vs ND. I think we can all agree those were not the two best teams in college football that year.

Without a playoff, it’s difficult to determine what teams “deserve” a title shot, especially with so many teams top teams that usually don’t play each other in the regular season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT