ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Farrell on CFP

NDblitz

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Dec 15, 2021
Don't agree with him always but do here - "This is an invitation, not a selection, and that’s just what we have to live with. Florida State won every single game (including two against SEC opponents) and their Power Five conference, yet they were passed over for Texas and Alabama, teams with one loss each. Why? Money. So it’s not a selection committee anymore; it’s an invitation committee, and if you’re rich enough to join the club, then you’re in. If not, you’re screwed. This will happen with an expanded playoff, as teams will be left out of the magical 12 because they just aren’t good enough for TV eyeballs."

Don't agree with him always but do here - "This is an invitation, not a selection, and that’s just what we have to live with. Florida State won every single game (including two against SEC opponents) and their Power Five conference, yet they were passed over for Texas and Alabama, teams with one loss each. Why? Money. So it’s not a selection committee anymore; it’s an invitation committee, and if you’re rich enough to join the club, then you’re in. If not, you’re screwed. This will happen with an expanded playoff, as teams will be left out of the magical 12 because they just aren’t good enough for TV eyeballs."
FSU got raked over the coals. As a fan looking for quality games I'm happy Bama is in.

Reactions: iwish
Spot on. It’s an invitational.

I think this is the only time the committee really got it wrong.

I still think if UGA wins they wouldn’t have done this but I could be wrong. I think it was all about getting an SEC team in.

I’ll follow ND but I won’t watch the playoff or any games unless there’s a safeguard against this in the future.

This was a travesty

Spot on. It’s an invitational.

I think this is the only time the committee really got it wrong.

I still think if UGA wins they wouldn’t have done this but I could be wrong. I think it was all about getting an SEC team in.

I’ll follow ND but I won’t watch the playoff or any games unless there’s a safeguard against this in the future.

This was a travesty
Travesty ...lol

If you win every game in a P5 conference you should be given the opportunity to win it all. If not, like Coach Norvell said, what is the point of playing the games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT