ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 10

kev2225

Future coach
Jan 1, 2007
I know, these bowl games are just exhibitions and teams have tons of players opting out, but still, once again the Big 10 just loses big out if conference games. You can say what you want about the SEC, but they're just a superior conference and it's not even close. That's why I think Alabama will completely embarass Michigan today. I'd be shocked if Alabama didn't win by at LEAST 21 points. I could be wrong, and hope I'm wrong. But the Big 10 has been overrated for years.

I know, these bowl games are just exhibitions and teams have tons of players opting out, but still, once again the Big 10 just loses big out if conference games. You can say what you want about the SEC, but they're just a superior conference and it's not even close. That's why I think Alabama will completely embarass Michigan today. I'd be shocked if Alabama didn't win by at LEAST 21 points. I could be wrong, and hope I'm wrong. But the Big 10 has been overrated for years.

The Big Ten and SEC both went 5-4 in bowl season.

The PAC won by going 5-3. I suppose Oregon State and Wazzu can share the trophy.

Score please?

Certainly pathetically wrong

If the SEC is so strong as morons like this one claim, why is it there are only one or two teams each year that push for the NC. Either Alabama or Georgia
Just like it has been for quite a while with OSU and Michigan, right?
Really not much difference there at all for all the chest thumping about the talent difference

If the SEC is so strong as morons like this one claim, why is it there are only one or two teams each year that push for the NC. Either Alabama or Georgia
Really not much difference there at all for all the chest thumping about the talent difference

If you don't see the difference between 3 thru 6 in the SEC and the Big Ten look again.

The SEC vs the ACC (out of all conferences) didn't perform so well

If you don't see the difference between 3 thru 6 in the SEC and the Big Ten look again.
who cares what the also rans do?
seems to matter to you what the mediocre programs do but then again those trying to pump up the SEC are getting rather desperate

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Well pretty much all the consistent winners are in one division not a surprise
OSU, PSU, Michigan are as good a top three as Alabama Georgia and WHO?
Mississippi, who beat Penn State 38-25 in the Peach Bowl.

Depends on whether you are counting teams just this season or programs.

Georgia, Bama, and Ohio State, in some order, are the strongest programs in the country. I am a Big Ten homer, but the SEC remains the overall stronger conference. Even with the 2024 additions.

Georgia, Bama, and Ohio State, in some order, are the strongest programs in the country. I am a Big Ten homer, but the SEC remains the overall stronger conference. Even with the 2024 additions.
Overall stronger I will agree. But who really cares about those below the top tier in any conference?

And the Big Ten has won how many in the last 10 years------20 years---------- as opposed to the SEC ?

Reactions: Golson5
When it comes to the B10 and SEC, I'm just wondering how much longer it will be before they stop playing non-conference games in the regular season. Or just have like 1. It has to be coming eventually.

Guess you are wrong.

The Big Ten and SEC both went 5-4 in bowl season.

The PAC won by going 5-3. I suppose Oregon State and Wazzu can share the trophy.
Wrong. After Michigan beat Washington, the Big Ten finished a winning 6-4, followed by the PAC and SEC, both at 5-4

The SEC has won 13 of the last 18 titles in CFB.

That is tough to spin for Big 10 people.

Wrong. After Michigan beat Washington, the Big Ten finished a winning 6-4, followed by the PAC and SEC, both at 5-4

I suppose. If you count the NC game as a bowl. I was only counting games with "bowl" in their title.

The trend for best conference is still clearly the SEC. But if you want to look at this season only, I suppose there is an argument for the Big Ten being the best.

one or two teams doing it all right?
So once again not much of a difference overall right?
What?

I’m pretty sure Auburn, LSU, UGA, UF, and Bama have all won multiple titles in the past 20 years.

Now, tell me how many big ten teams have won the NC in the past 20 years?

I suppose. If you count the NC game as a bowl. I was only counting games with "bowl" in their title.

The trend for best conference is still clearly the SEC. But if you want to look at this season only, I suppose there is an argument for the Big Ten being the best.
I'm not arguing that - I agree. My statement was about this year and if you look at the PAC teams joining the Big Ten in 2024, the gap is closing - especially with Oregon, USC, and Washington coming in. Not sure what kind of impact UCLA will have in football.

As for the conference bowl records, I was just going by the articles I looked at on line like the following I included. And why wouldn't the Playoffs be considered bowls - they have in the past.

Well Ole Miss was better than PSU this year. I'd say LSU is most years. Mizzoo beat Ohio State

Well Ole Miss was better than PSU this year. I'd say LSU is most years. Mizzoo beat Ohio State
Cmon man, Did you see all of the opt outs and transfers at OSU before that Bowl game. Missouri was almost intact. He!!, they even lost their starting QB (McCord) along with the best player in CF - Marvin Harrison. And PSU was almost in the same boat with opt outs.

I guess the point many are trying to make is that these lesser bowls are worthless when you don't even get to see many of the top players anymore and the TV following is going to get far worse next year when the 12-team Playoff starts. I have to believe that many of the bowls will start disappearing in the next 2 to 4 years

Cmon man, Did you see all of the opt outs and transfers at OSU before that Bowl game. Missouri was almost intact. He!!, they even lost their starting QB (McCord) along with the best player in CF - Marvin Harrison. And PSU was almost in the same boat with opt outs.

I guess the point many are trying to make is that these lesser bowls are worthless when you don't even get to see many of the top players anymore and the TV following is going to get far worse next year when the 12-team Playoff starts. I have to believe that many of the bowls will start disappearing in the next 2 to 4 years
And Mizzoo is traditionally a bottom dweller "MAN"

And "Man" 90% of the opt outs are portal guys. So sounds like an OHIO St problem

I don't think anyone that follows CFB would disagree that the SEC "had" been the most dominate conference the last twenty years. However, that time has officially come to a close...and if you are too much of a band wagoner or homer to see it; enjoy your upcoming years of obscurity.

The second-tier teams in the SEC are not good enough to carry the decline of the powers in the conference. The BIG10 just got MUCH stronger, not to mention that Bama just lost the greatest CFB coach of all time. The SEC has benefitted from receiving the benefit of the doubt for YEARS now. Bama didn't deserve to be in the CFP and it showed. Of course, Saban got them up for the semifinal; I'd have been surprised if he had not.

It was a good run for them, but I look forward to the future of CFB, and just wait and see how it shakes out in the upcoming years. The SEC definitely got a lot weaker today!!

Last edited:
I don't think anyone that follows CFB would disagree that the SEC "had" been the most dominate conference the last twenty years. However, that time has officially come to a close...and if you are too much of a band wagoner or homer to see it; enjoy your upcoming years of obscurity.

The second-tier teams in the SEC are not good enough to carry the decline of the powers in the conference. The BIG10 just got MUCH stronger, not to mention that Bama just lost the greatest CFB coach of all time. The SEC has benefitted from receiving the benefit of the doubt for YEARS now. Bama didn't deserve to be in the CFP and it showed. Of course, Saban got them up for the semifinal; I'd have been surprised if he had not.

It was a good run for them, but I look forward to the future of CFB, and just wait and see how it shakes out in the upcoming years. The SEC definitely got a lot weaker today!!
And the other thing to keep in mind is that the Big Ten will control something like 52 to 53% of the TV markets when they realign next year. They'll take over as the #1 sports conference - not just college football - going forward. Like it or not, just the way it is

And the other thing to keep in mind is that the Big Ten will control something like 52 to 53% of the TV markets when they realign next year. They'll take over as the #1 sports conference - not just college football - going forward. Like it or not, just the way it is
Most of Big 10 Football is good for a nap. Most Big 10 football games are an awful product.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
Most of Big 10 Football is good for a nap. Most Big 10 football games are an awful product.
Well, I believe each team in the Big Ten will be receiving $90 to $100 million next year - by far the best for any conference. That's a pretty decent nap

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Bowl games other the championship and New Year’s Day six are usually not a good measure to go bye. The portal should open after bowl season. I do like the mayo bowl and the pop tarts bowl for some reason those are intriguing.

Bowl games other the championship and New Year’s Day six are usually not a good measure to go bye. The portal should open after bowl season. I do like the mayo bowl and the pop tarts bowl for some reason those are intriguing.
You can't because school starts on the beginning of January

Because of the academic calendar they can’t wait till the bowls are over. These kids want to be enrolled at the new school when Jan starts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT