ADVERTISEMENT

Record Prediction Thread

FightingIrish44

ND Expert
May 7, 2009
Why not? I’m going to say 11-1. No idea who they lose to.

It’s tough to go 12-0 but possible. They could easily go 10-2 and perhaps 9-3 which would be awful given the roster and lack of powerhouse teams.

For the purposes of win/loss record, you kind of like that FSU lost to GT. That game against FSU looks a bit easier.

I think the defense will be roughly as good as last year but this may not be apparent by statistics. The offense was better than given credit last year and now ND has a very good QB. The QB room is deeper which allows for more use of the QB in the run game. Huge fan of Leonard as a runner.

Reactions: BGI User 756
10-2 to 12-0.
If they lose 1 or 2 games, I can’t pick the opponent.
It’s just so hard to go undefeated

It’s tough to go 12-0 but possible. They could easily go 10-2 and perhaps 9-3 which would be awful given the roster and lack of powerhouse teams.

For the purposes of win/loss record, you kind of like that FSU lost to GT. That game against FSU looks a bit easier.

I think the defense will be roughly as good as last year but this may not be apparent by statistics. The offense was better than given credit last year and now ND has a very good QB. The QB room is deeper which allows for more use of the QB in the run game. Huge fan of Leonard as a runner.
Truth be told, I would be ecstatic with 1-0.

I'll go 11-1 as well. Riley Leonard has really grown on me, after watching some of his highlights. Jack Coan was good enough to get us to 11-1, and that would have been enough had there been a true playoff. So I think Leonard could match that. And having the incoming WRs helps. They really brought home the bacon in the portal when we needed it. Kudos to the staff for that. And Love could maybe break out at RB. I assume he'll get the bulk of the important carries. And the defense still looks strong, so that's what we'll lean on if we need to.

11-1 baby! Hosting a 1st round playoff home game here we come!!

If Leonard will be running, he will be out by game 5

I'm going 12-0, 11-1 would be good and would have the program in the right direction. If we go 10-2 and miss the playoffs, would be another set back.

Why am I predicting 12-0. Depth EVERYWHERE. Oline is the biggest ? and we even have depth there at most spots, just not proven.

ND has a relatively easier schedule and we do not play very many good QBs. The best QB we play will be on saturday night.

Win at A&M and go 12-0. Look at the QBs we face this year, golden should be able to eat them up. That's why I believe we will win every week because our D is going to dominate most teams.

Massive Kudos to Freeman for setting up this team and this staff to have a run at it this year! No excuse not to now

Reactions: IrishMike409
If we're 11 and 1, it won't matter really
I think 11-1 loss to A&M you have a home game first round, 11-1 with a late loss to a bad/average team could get you 9th/10th seed and be on the road. We're most likely at home with 11-1 record, but it's at risk due to the schedule.

I think 11-1 loss to A&M you have a home game first round, 11-1 with a late loss to a bad/average team could get you 9th/10th seed and be on the road. We're most likely at home with 11-1 record, but it's at risk due to the schedule.
I think that's accurate.

Yeah I don't see us dropping that far even with a late loss. We'll go into that game if it's against SC as number 1 or 2. We won't drop 8 spots

I'll go 11-1 as well. Riley Leonard has really grown on me, after watching some of his highlights. Jack Coan was good enough to get us to 11-1, and that would have been enough had there been a true playoff. So I think Leonard could match that. And having the incoming WRs helps. They really brought home the bacon in the portal when we needed it. Kudos to the staff for that. And Love could maybe break out at RB. I assume he'll get the bulk of the important carries. And the defense still looks strong, so that's what we'll lean on if we need to.

11-1 baby! Hosting a 1st round playoff home game here we come!!
I love it all but I'll say 12-0. Of course I've been saying 12-0 since 1988 so take it FWIW.

• Love
Reactions: Holycrossover3
If Leonard will be running, he will be out by game 5
It’s mostly a matter of luck. Leonard is bigger than Haynes King yet King made it through the year last year running the ball.

Leonard was credited with 18 carries against ND last year…and he got severely hurt on a pass play.

It’s mostly luck.

Reactions: BGI User 756
It’s mostly a matter of luck. Leonard is bigger than Haynes King yet King made it through the year last year running the ball.

Leonard was credited with 18 carries against ND last year…and he got severely hurt on a pass play.

It’s mostly luck.
Well that would make sense. You're more vulnerable to getting hurt throwing the ball as opposed to running the ball.

Big difference between running for your life and running intentionally. Intentionally is easier to protect yourself.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Jayden Daniels rushed for like 1200 yards and never got hurt, and they ran designed run plays for him and he was also seemingly given a green light to take off whenever he wanted, and good things happened for LSU with that arrangement. I think RL is a good enough, dangerous enough runner that you could have the same approach. And he's pretty big and strong, the opposite of JD, who would be considered frail and fragile in comparison. So I say we should turn him loose. And we've got the perfect OC for that....

11-1 with the greatest probability of a loss coming this Saturday night. Why? Simple...new offensive line and road hostile environment with a lot of new moving parts on offense. If we win Saturday I think we will be favored in every single game the rest of the year and could go into USC undefeated.

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
10-2 to 12-0.
If they lose 1 or 2 games, I can’t pick the opponent.
It’s just so hard to go undefeated
Not with this 2024 schedule if Notre Dame doesn't go undefeated it's a disappointment

There is basically 4 games on the schedule The other eight are non-competitive stomp fests versus teams ranked in the 80s to 130s

Not with this 2024 schedule if Notre Dame doesn't go undefeated it's a disappointment

There is basically 4 games on the schedule The other eight are non-competitive stomp fests versus teams ranked in the 80s to 130s
No it's not. If we go 11 and 1 and are hosting a Playoff game, that is not a disappointment. Clown Comment

Texas A/M. @ Purdue. Louisville. GA Tech. FSU. @USC. That's 6. Any of those could be an L if ND isn't fully focused on the task.

Notre Dame 2024 regular season opponent SP+ projection ranking:

@TAM (#14)
vs NI (#98)
@ Purdue (#68)
vs Miami-Ohio (#80)
vs Louisville (#31)
vs Stanford (#77)
vs GT (#40)
vs Navy (#113)
vs FSU (#12) -- and they already lost to Georgia Tech
vs Virginia (#78)
vs Army (#103)
@ USC (#21)

The average SP+ projection ranking of the 8 (non bolded teams) is 82nd rofl.

The football program's branding with this partial ACC membership is in a really bad place IMO. I REALLY hope this new AD has something better in store for notre dame going forward.

This schedule is a snoozefest. We got a 4 game season at Notre Dame and if Notre Dame loses any of those games they might not make the playoff because of how bad the rest of their schedule is.

Last edited:
Notre Dame 2024 regular season opponent SP+ projection ranking:

@TAM (#14)
vs NI (#98)
@ Purdue (#68)
vs Miami-Ohio (#80)
vs Louisville (#31)
vs Stanford (#77)
vs GT (#40)
vs Navy (#113)
vs FSU (#12) -- and they already lost to Georgia Tech
vs Virginia (#78)
vs Army (#103)
@ USC (#21)

The average SP+ projection ranking of the 8 (non bolded teams) is 82nd rofl.

The football program's branding with this partial ACC membership is in a really bad place IMO. I REALLY hope this new AD has something better in store for notre dame going forward.

This schedule is a snoozefest. We got a 4 game season at Notre Dame and if Notre Dame loses any of those games they might not make the playoff because of how bad the rest of their schedule is.
Just because they say GT 40 and FSU 12 doesn't make it so

Schedule is solid. Get to 11 wins. That's the goal

Running centric QB's are an injury waiting to happen. A matter of when.

I am more of a fan of the Tom Brady style of QB play, rather than Michael Vick.
This is CFB, not the NFL although the nfl QBs are running a lot more now

I thought Vick, Vince Young, Tebow, Cam, Lamar were all pretty decent college qbs that ran a lot

This is CFB, not the NFL although the nfl QBs are running a lot more now

I thought Vick, Vince Young, Tebow, Cam, Lamar were all pretty decent college qbs that ran a lot
Treat Riley Leonard like the Notre Dame staff did with Ian Book. Run him little and keep him healthy.

Reactions: Chitown11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT