ADVERTISEMENT

Record Prediction Thread

To each their own and I respect your opinion.

When the QB is involved in the run game, the defense often times has to weaken their pass defense to account for numbers. When the defense does this, it can substantially open up the pass game. It’s a tremendous stress to the defense IMO when the QB is involved.

He doesn’t even have to take a hit always if it’s an option style play.
Agreed. In the NFL, I think it's best to go with the traditional pocket passer and put as much talent around him as you can. Dual threat QBs seldom last long in the NFL.

In college and ND in particular, having a dual threat makes up for a lot of weaknesses. I don't think ND is ever going to have a Bama type roster with 17 5 star players. But as we've seen a talented dual threat QB (Vince Young, DeShawn Watson) can lead lesser talented teams to the championship. I think ND needs to follow those models to suceed. And it feels like we're so close, yet so far from getting that elite dual threat QB and a few more elite guys particularly at the CB, DE, WR, and OT positions. This is why I want Deuce Knight so bad, but unfortunately his commit is fading.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Agreed. In the NFL, I think it's best to go with the traditional pocket passer and put as much talent around him as you can. Dual threat QBs seldom last long in the NFL.

In college and ND in particular, having a dual threat makes up for a lot of weaknesses. I don't think ND is ever going to have a Bama type roster with 17 5 star players. But as we've seen a talented dual threat QB (Vince Young, DeShawn Watson) can lead lesser talented teams to the championship. I think ND needs to follow those models to suceed. And it feels like we're so close, yet so far from getting that elite dual threat QB and a few more elite guys particularly at the CB, DE, WR, and OT positions. This is why I want Deuce Knight so bad, but unfortunately his commit is fading.
Even Stetson Bennett and Carson Beck are quick enough to do damage. It’s why I’m so high on Leonard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT